Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MissConduct

My EQ50!

I just recently got this stick about a mabey 2 weeks ago its great. Its light and has a good feel overall plus the weights and everything just wraps it up into a great solid stick.

I just recently got this stick about a mabey 2 weeks ago its great. Its light and has a good feel overall plus the weights and everything just wraps it up into a great solid stick.

What is the feel of the blade like? Similar to the SE16 or ST?

ON the subject of the painted pro stocks theyre is a guy in my town who sells fixed pro stock sticks and he says almost every s19 he gets is actually a painted ST

Don't mean to grave dig but does anybody know if there is a way to buy just the weights? A bunch of people selling without them for some reason, but that seems to be the whole point to the stick so I'm reluctant to buy.

Don't mean to grave dig but does anybody know if there is a way to buy just the weights? A bunch of people selling without them for some reason, but that seems to be the whole point to the stick so I'm reluctant to buy.

I think some hockey stores are starting to sell the weighted caps separately, or will be very soon.

Because people are stealing them from the sticks. The smarter shop guys just pulled them out when they got the sticks to prevent it.

friends eq50, two light uses and the whole weight thing popped out of blade

Oh great, I just got mine today... Other than that did you like it:):):)

So what is the final word on the EQ50. Is it here to stay or is it a gimmick? JR?

lol not enough time to comment on it, i still had the "new stick, i love it" feeling

in all honesty the weights (glued in) in a blade that torques or twists combined with occasional pass/block/slash on the backhand is not a good idea

it pops out like a crappy bondo job

I took the wieghts out of the plug as soon as I got home. I have always preferred sticks that are as light as possible, don't want added weight at the top. I go back and forth between my X60 and my EQ50, some games I like one stick, the next I don't.

I took the wieghts out of the plug as soon as I got home. I have always preferred sticks that are as light as possible, don't want added weight at the top. I go back and forth between my X60 and my EQ50, some games I like one stick, the next I don't.

You don't find that the stick becomes too blade-heavy without the weights in the plug (as others have mentioned)?

^^^^^

Probably because the weights are visible making it an easier gimmick to sell. FWIW I don't have one but my friends after 3 uses the weights have begun to seperate from the blade and he now tapes that part with clear tape.

Saw some pro stock Hedjuk EQ50's at my LHS today. The stick on the butt end said STCNHL. I've never seen that code before and I thought the code for a ST was different. Anyone know what this stick really is? On a side note: Nice toe curve for righties.

Other then Paint, weighted end cap, and visible heel weights, how is this stick different then the se16? IF I understand correctly Easton doesn't really change the synergy stick line. Also how likely are the heel weights going to fall out?

Other then Paint, weighted end cap, and visible heel weights, how is this stick different then the se16? IF I understand correctly Easton doesn't really change the synergy stick line. Also how likely are the heel weights going to fall out?

IMO, the shaft dimensions, weight, and overall feel of the stick are pretty different than the SE16s.

Im sure its personal preference, but for me its a good thing! I love my EQ50, im rocking three weights and for my stick length it seems perfectly balanced. Although i have noticed i double check to see if my endcap is still in nice and tight frequently, something i never cared about before.

So I tried my eq50 for the first time today and In a word it's a very forgiving stick. Key word being forgiving.

Things I noticed: because of the weights you get a better feel for where the blade is in space. Kinda like a axe head, you get more feedback. Also because of the weight, the blade seems to stick to the ice, so when you stick handle you just need to get the blade over the puck and the blade falls to the ice in a very predictable solid way. Very nice stick, not one wiff when shooting the puck all day.

the visible weight in the heel of the blade is such a gimmick, it is the exact same thing as the SE16, the only differnce is that they are visible, and the only real tech difference between the 2 is the end cap, which i ended up taking from my friends as he put in a plug and it works just as well as the eq50, no difference in performance, i also have a wooden plug in my other se16 and it also makes ths stick feel the exact same