Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EBondo

The 2010-2011 Suspension Thread

One game for trying to drill a guy in the back of the head, even with the new focus on head shots? Colin Campbell is pathetic and has been for a long time. Nothing surprises me anymore with his random wheel of discipline.

Knutiz's elbow isn't a whole lot different than Cooke's elbow that he is still out for.

+1

Can we start FireColinCampbell.com now?

Let's see how much I have to drink after my game tonight.

I didn't realize you were the one that set the criteria for discussion on hits. I'll try to keep that in mind moving forward.

Downie didn't make initial contact with the head on Lovejoy either, but it was an obvious charge. Just like Torres hit was interference and a cheap shot on an unsuspecting player. You a couple guys from Vancouver are about the only ones on the planet that don't see something wrong with it.

The question being why do you see something wrong with it? That kind of hit happens all the time in minor hockey. In any contact hockey that's a normal hit, and it's been happening for decades. Someone's not looking while skating the other way, their body is facing the hit, but their head is turned. That's a good legal hit. If Torres waited 0.5 seconds, or if the puck didn't decrease speed, then that would have been a perfectly legal hit with no interference. Currently, the issue is, should that be a legal hit or not, where the shoulder accidentally hits the head in all relation to the body/head POV.

I don't know what the side on the matter, and nor does the NHL. If you want to get rid of headshots, then how do you regulate:

Fights

Shoulder to head hits in different zones/boards

Shoulder to head hits in relation to vision

Shoulder to head hits in relation to body rotation

As a Canuck fan and a person who's been hit in the head and blindsided many times I've said it before regarding Torres that he should be suspended if NHL's looking to get rid of headshots. However if you get rid of that type of hits, where you cannot hit a guy if he's head is turned and you end up hitting the head first (which happens very often), then that's not the NHL I would watch.

As a Canuck fan and a person who's been hit in the head and blindsided many times I've said it before regarding Torres that he should be suspended if NHL's looking to get rid of headshots. However if you get rid of that type of hits, where you cannot hit a guy if he's head is turned and you end up hitting the head first (which happens very often), then that's not the NHL I would watch.

The current version of the game is turning into something I don't want to watch. You can't market your stars and offensive skills if you cater the rules to guys that rarely touch the puck and do their best in injure the players with skill.

The question being why do you see something wrong with it? That kind of hit happens all the time in minor hockey. In any contact hockey that's a normal hit, and it's been happening for decades. Someone's not looking while skating the other way, their body is facing the hit, but their head is turned. That's a good legal hit. If Torres waited 0.5 seconds, or if the puck didn't decrease speed, then that would have been a perfectly legal hit with no interference. Currently, the issue is, should that be a legal hit or not, where the shoulder accidentally hits the head in all relation to the body/head POV.

I don't know what the side on the matter, and nor does the NHL. If you want to get rid of headshots, then how do you regulate:

Fights

Shoulder to head hits in different zones/boards

Shoulder to head hits in relation to vision

Shoulder to head hits in relation to body rotation

Reading this post, I'm not sure you needed to tell us that you'd been repeatedly hit in the head.

Ruutu got one game. Wanna bet Ferrence gets more for flipping off the crowd than a hit to the head gets?

That would be beyond ridiculous if he gets anymore than a hefty fine.

That would be beyond ridiculous if he gets anymore than a hefty fine.

CBA doesn't allow hefty fines.

I love how people always have to make excuses for things:

"That is not part of my repertoire. My glove got caught up there."

Huh?!?!? Got caught up. So you wanted to fist pump...and your middle finger got stuck? I dunno. At the end of the day give him the $2500 fine and move on. What did Wiz get for the Avery "gesture"? I doubt they give Ferrence that many in the playoffs, but WTH...it's the NHL...anything could happen.

I love how people always have to make excuses for things:

"That is not part of my repertoire. My glove got caught up there."

Wardrobe malfunction! :laugh:

I don't know. Ference is a pretty straight up guy who stands behind his actions and words. He just might possibly be telling the truth.

Truth or not it was a middle finger folks. A FINGER!

After the abuse that Bruins fans have felt for many years from the Habs this was waaaaay overdue. :)

Seriously, a deserved fine but not that big of a deal.

Truth or not it was a middle finger folks. A FINGER!

After the abuse that Bruins fans have felt for many years from the Habs this was waaaaay overdue. :)

Seriously, a deserved fine but not that big of a deal.

I'm not surprised because I saw that coming but what you said above about it being a finger I agree 100%. Seriously it was uncalled for but how offended do people get by a middle finger? That's like crying because someone called you and asshole.

I don't know. Ference is a pretty straight up guy who stands behind his actions and words. He just might possibly be telling the truth.

have you seen the picture/video?, if you look at his face it's pretty clear he knew exactly what he was doing. That said, he is a stand up guy and im really surprised he tried to cop out with that glove getting stuck excuse. I was expecting him to just say he got caught up in the moment, appologize to fans of both teams and the league, pay his fine and be done with it. I thought it was funny the guy from barstool sports was selling "habs suck" tshirts to raise the $2500 to pay Ference's fine for him. Ference told him he wasn't allowed to accept the money because of league rules so when asked what charity he'd like the money donated to he said he thought any sign language foundation seemed appropriate...

What does everyone think of the Bickell hit on Bieska? Very similar to the Downie hit in my opinion and think it should get one game as well.

And then there is the Richards hit on Connolly

Bickell: I dunno...is it more Torres-like (no susp.) or Downie-like (1G). I think they'll go the Torres route because it is the same series.

Richards: There is no way the League will suspend the Phlyers Captain going into Game 7.