Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top Cheese

What is the biggest retail Toe curve?

BC01 isn't really that short. In that picture it's sandwiched between to Ovie clones which are pretty long, so it looks shorter than it is.

BC01 isn't really that short. In that picture it's sandwiched between to Ovie clones which are pretty long, so it looks shorter than it is.

Ya, but I have Ovi clones, Ovi Authentics the KGB and Hossa Pro curves. I have never noticed the Ovi blades being longer than my Hossa Pros. I should do a comparison tonight after work.

Yeah, it's pretty close to the same length as my Iginla blade.

Jjust bought a zherdev total one on ebay. I might be an x60 like the other one on here ill find out when I get it

Yeah i bought the other one. I was thinking about buying both but i snapped a couple of pro stock one95 samsonov's and my kovy pro dolos have all held up way longer.

Yeah i bought the other one. I was thinking about buying both but i snapped a couple of pro stock one95 samsonov's and my kovy pro dolos have all held up way longer.

Nice find. I have one and am liking it... If you don't mind, post some pics. I'd like to see if they are the same to what I have.

Looks like the hosel is really long for a tapered blade.

''Its a replacement blade. it Comes in a full one piece too. It is standard tapered.'' saw this as a reply on their FB page about the blade.''Standard tapered '' ???? I emailed them and they said its a tapered at 160 grams.Seems a tad heavy for a tapered blade IMHO , I had a Reflex ops from them before, decent stick for the price.

Yeah asked the question about the hosel legnth. Have no idea whatthe reply means, I just wanna know why the hosel is so dang long

I ended up buying a Harrow #10 (Ovie curve) blade. Going to give it a go in a converted Easton ST shaft tonight. Pretty sweet curve, just unbelievably big. I thought my BC01 was a big curve until I set the Ovie next to it. It makes the BC01 look tame.

I ended up buying a Harrow #10 (Ovie curve) blade. Going to give it a go in a converted Easton ST shaft tonight. Pretty sweet curve, just unbelievably big. I thought my BC01 was a big curve until I set the Ovie next to it. It makes the BC01 look tame.

It looks like a soup ladel in the pictures before.

If you are a right handed shot, is there any chance you could post a pic of it down the shaft?

and as far as the hossa being short, it looks like it in this picture for sure!

http://www.patterndb.com/main.php?g2_itemId=5298

weird i played with ovechkin pro stock for a while and just switched to hossa, and i think the hossa are a bigger hook, but it doesnt open as much as the ovechkin wich i didnt like how much it was opening

Was just having this conversation last night with someone who uses a lot of various toe curves, and thought I'd pose the question here...

For you guys that love the toe hooks, what style toe do you mostly prefer?

Toe wedge - i.e. Ovie, retail Kremlin, Cole, Mueller, Samsonov, etc.

Closed/neutral face toe - i.e. Kovy pro, Zherdev, retail Gionta, etc.

I much prefer the open toe wedges. It's all personal preference (obviously), but I'm just able to 'work' the puck better with the toe wedges than I am the closed face toe hooks.

I'm much more a fan of a little toe kink on a slight curve than a banana or a huge wedge.

**ripper.jpg

That's a nice looking curve LL87. I forgot to include that on the choices! I was messing around with a teammate's Wideman pro stock the other night, and it had a curve similar to that. Sort of flat, or mildish curve then a little kink at the end.

I like wedges. Gives the puck a nice pop. I also, although it may be in my mind, think that a good wedge gets the puck up and a real odd hard to defend angle that tricks goalies.

That's a nice looking curve LL87. I forgot to include that on the choices! I was messing around with a teammate's Wideman pro stock the other night, and it had a curve similar to that. Sort of flat, or mildish curve then a little kink at the end.

I picked up several Rypien One95 Pro Stocks last year, this curve, 95 G3 flex. Easily my favorite stick I've used.

my favourite curve is a nice, short straight blade with a dead neutral toe hook. I feel it gives me a strong backhand shot, more control in traffic and still have quick releases with help from the hook. Also the puck seems to get off my stick faster with the shorter blade on slappers.

such as the older kovalchuk pro stocks.

I was watching the Hawks vs Bruins game the other day and noticed that Kopecky has a mean toe hook on his easton. anyone had seen it in person?