Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2011-2012 Suspension thread

Kaleta has actually toned it down this year a bit, and he is getting more time on the PK and in important situations. I think over zealous is more his checking style. I don't think he is intentionally trying to hurt anyone, but stupid is as stupid does, I guess.

I'm not familiar with Kaleta. Does he often lead with his helmet?

Well, you be the judge. This is the third occurrence in the last thirteen months for him, judging by the Shanahan video.

Well, you be the judge. This is the third occurrence in the last thirteen months for him, judging by the Shanahan video.

I was wondering if he does it a lot, but doesn't get called on it that often.

I was wondering if he does it a lot, but doesn't get called on it that often.

Maybe not during the game, but he was fined for the NJD incident, suspended four games for the PHI incident. Not sure if there was any discipline for the headbutt on Toby Enstrom. Every instance was the same though. He backed up, and took 2-3 strides, head first, into the opponents' head/chest. Can't tell me with a straight face you don't think this guy is deliberately trying to hurt people.

"Oh I was just trying to seperate the man from the puck, you know, by driving my helmet into the other guy's face."

I love the quote from Shanahan during his explanation video, where he literally said "This recent history of ramming his head into the faces of opponents, regardless of whether he is trying to free the puck, leads us to believe that this act is intentional."

I can't quite understand the mentality of a guy deliberately doing that, or expecting to get away with it.

Shanahan had a very nice and precise turn of phrase there.

I can't quite understand the mentality of a guy deliberately doing that, or expecting to get away with it.

Shanahan had a very nice and precise turn of phrase there.

He's in the league because he attempts to injure people. That style of play is why he is in the league and it's the only reason he stays in the league. Every team seems to have one (or more) of those guys and it's sickening.

He's in the league because he attempts to injure people. That style of play is why he is in the league and it's the only reason he stays in the league. Every team seems to have one (or more) of those guys and it's sickening.

It seems to me that no one can end that but the league, and I hope that they're beginning to see the light.

It seems to me that no one can end that but the league, and I hope that they're beginning to see the light.

Cooke has made a major effort to change his game. Most of the other agitators don't have his skill level.

Said by whom? Has the league issued a statement?

EDIT:

Just heard Mike Murphy, NHL senior VP of hockey operations, on NHL LIve, calling it "one of the hazards of being an official in the NHL".

I'm not sure Clutterbuck knew who he was hitting, he was just swinging blind. Sidenote: real surprised that Lapierre was doing anything but attempting to fight.

I don't think anyone figured that punch was anything but unintentional. In any other sport, I don't know that it would make a difference for disciplinary purposes.

I want to know what happened to the other linesman. From day one officials are taught to break up fights together and not on their own. The linesman that got hung out to dry by his partner and didn't follow that one basic rule. I'm not surprised that there was no suspension on the play.

I'm not sure Clutterbuck knew who he was hitting, he was just swinging blind. Sidenote: real surprised that Lapierre was doing anything but attempting to fight.

That's exactly the kind of guy Clutterbuck is usually willing to fight. They're very similar players.

I had the same thought the first time I saw it, linesman should never go into a scrap alone. It seems like we're seeing more of it recently as there seems to be a dedicated effort to prevent any kind of secondary altercations. We're even seeing referees stepping between guys and that is something that absolutely never happened until recently.

I had the same thought the first time I saw it, linesman should never go into a scrap alone. It seems like we're seeing more of it recently as there seems to be a dedicated effort to prevent any kind of secondary altercations. We're even seeing referees stepping between guys and that is something that absolutely never happened until recently.

I do think you can prevent additional problems if you get there before they start. That said, I like Paul Stewart's ideas on scrums. Don't get there too fast or you'll be doing it all game. Either someone will back down or there will be a fight. Either way, the players will sort it out on their own.

Moreau gets fined for boarding, then drills another guy tonight. Given the fact that it was in back to back games, you have to think a suspension is possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is no suspension on this one. While there is head contact, there was full body contact as well. Letan's shooting motion actually moved his shoulder out of the way. There was also no "finish" to the check. That said, he might also get two games. I think the first is more likely than the second though.

To me it did not look like a body to body hit. It could have been, but it was a half ass hit on Pacioretty's part so I would hold him accountable. I would say 1 game. This one could go either way though. No injury aside from re-arranging Letang's face and Letang got the game winner could lead to no games. But...on the other hand, it is a Penguins player.