Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2011-2012 Suspension thread

i knew previous suspensions would count against players - but i didnt realize previous fines would as well

A fine is a disciplinary action, usually a lower level offense than a suspension. It makes sense, though in the past Campbell didn't seem to count that against guys.

As much as I like Letang, I"m glad to see him get something for that hit and he should have been a repeat offender because of this last year:

So, glad to see Shanny suspend a player no matter his "star" status I guess you could say.

The hit on Spezza wasn't exactly the same, he hit the ice before the boards and just got his arm/wrist wedged in between the two. It still is a dangerous hit though.

Wolski is going to get hammered for his hit on Alfredsson, and not just because his 2+10 was highly questionable against Konopka's 5+game for a far less dangerous and malicious play.

I agree on the elbow, but I think the CBC analysts nailed it: what will get the book thrown at him is the visible shift to his right, into Alfredsson, as the play went left, and the fact that it was nowhere near the puck. I thought it looked like a carbon copy of Ference on Halpern in the playoffs.

I agree on the elbow, but I think the CBC analysts nailed it: what will get the book thrown at him is the visible shift to his right, into Alfredsson, as the play went left, and the fact that it was nowhere near the puck. I thought it looked like a carbon copy of Ference on Halpern in the playoffs.

They let Neil off the hook despite a visible shift in the preseason.

True, and I thought letting that go was a dangerous precedent. On the other hand, Neil sold it pretty well in going down awkwardly, as though he wasn't braced, and taking out his own guy to boot; Wolski just leveled Alfredsson and kept right on going, exactly like Ference. And in both cases, I'm additionally enraged by why it shouldn't have happened: Ference should have known better, and Wolski isn't and won't ever be a tenth the player Alfredsson is.

I would go with suspensions on Wolski and Sutton, no for Konopka. ZK didn't hit directly from behind and it was hip on hip. The other two appeared to contact the head directly and there appeared to be intent to hit high at or near the head.

how much you want to bet that sutton will argue its unfair because he wasnt trying to hit him in the head but he couldn't help it because he is too tall - just like how pronger always tries to pretend when he high sticks people that he can't help it because he is soo tall.

how much you want to bet that sutton will argue its unfair because he wasnt trying to hit him in the head but he couldn't help it because he is too tall - just like how pronger always tries to pretend when he high sticks people that he can't help it because he is soo tall.

It's a given, but Sutton has a pretty significant history of boarding and high hits. Then again, when you're 6-5 you shouldn't get your hands up in front of your shoulders to deliver a hit.

I would go with suspensions on Wolski and Sutton, no for Konopka. ZK didn't hit directly from behind and it was hip on hip. The other two appeared to contact the head directly and there appeared to be intent to hit high at or near the head.

Not sure how you get Wolski is intentional all he does is move his arm away from his body Alfredson was leaning in with his head low looking away from the play?

Not sure how you get Wolski is intentional all he does is move his arm away from his body Alfredson was leaning in with his head low looking away from the play?

Alfredsson was actually watching the play, not looking away from it. He was nowhere near the puck and got hit in the head. Wolski saw him coming, slowed, changed his angle and then went for a shot to the head of an unsuspecting player. Even if his only offense was the lifting of his hand/forearm to deliver a blow to the head, it should still qualify as far as I'm concerned. Obviously a lot of people will disagree, I can live with that.

I agree with Chadd and Bob McKenzie/Aaron Ward. Wolski changed his position, even if it was slightly, to hit Alfredsson. A one or two game suspension would've been perfect.

Shanahan's on NHL Live, discussing several of the recent hits, and his analysis. I have to give this guy credit. He seems very sincere about trying hard to do a good job, not just with his decisions, but with letting the players know what is and isn't permissible. There will always be room to take issue with any decision, but this guy sounds real, and I like him.

So what does everyone think Kaleta gets for his SECOND headbutt? Does this guy seriously not have a brain in his head? I realize he's out there to be an annoying pest, but where in the job description of "annoying pest" does intentionally trying to hurt guys night in and night out come in to play?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2wFFVKG1X0&feature=feedu

By the way, just for comparison, here's the first headbutt against Travis Zajac, which I believe he was fined for.

I wouldn't lose any sleep if Kaleta suffered a career ending knee injury.

I don't normally wish injury to other players, not even Avery, but Kaleta I would not mind getting a taste of his own medicine. Not to mention he threw a late hit on Giroux in the third period that if Giroux hadn't seen coming, probably would have caused serious injury.