Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

Boston Bruins: 2011-2012

Thomas did look sharp. Nice to see Caron has started to settle in and really play some good hockey for the past week. Maybe he just needed me to be down on him to get him going.

"Boston's Brad Marchand, nailed by a clean check from Tyler Myers late in the game, appeared to injure his right shoulder or arm and didn't' play again, but Julien said he didn't play because of game circumstances and that Marchand was "ready to go." ... New Boston backup goalie Mary Turco, who cleared waivers to return to the NHL Wednesday, dressed as Thomas' backup."

Good to see Marchand apparently isn't too banged up. Also, typo or does someone at TSN not like Turco?

Thomas did look sharp. Nice to see Caron has started to settle in and really play some good hockey for the past week. Maybe he just needed me to be down on him to get him going.

"Boston's Brad Marchand, nailed by a clean check from Tyler Myers late in the game, appeared to injure his right shoulder or arm and didn't' play again, but Julien said he didn't play because of game circumstances and that Marchand was "ready to go." ... New Boston backup goalie Mary Turco, who cleared waivers to return to the NHL Wednesday, dressed as Thomas' backup."

Good to see Marchand apparently isn't too banged up. Also, typo or does someone at TSN not like Turco?

probably not a typo, just TSN being nasty since he didn't sign w/the Leaves.

Much better. They looked a lot more like the team in the first half of the year. The forth line looked good as well. Very physical and helped get team a lift after they were out.

I hope we see Turco play at least a third of the starts (that is if he doesn't get lit up). I Thomas needs to get rested for the playoffs.

I'm curious to see whether Caron has hit a growth spurt in his hockey IQ or if this is just an aberration.

I don't get to watch much of the preseason games, but I'd read that he'd been great over each of the last two preseasons, although other than a decent start at the beginning of last year okay, he's mostly been invisible. Obviously, nobody would expect even a point per game pace, let alone two, but what has been encouraging is he's been playing a bit more like a wrecking ball, going north and south and hitting whatever's in the way. I really hope this is a sign that something clicked in his mind that he had to change his game, because a player like that just opens up the ice for those who are more snipers.

I really don't get it. They play a solid game against the Sabers & then two stinkers this weekend. I hope they get there game back by the playoffs.

They just looked so timid today.

On the bright side Turco didn't look all that bad. So hopefully he will get some starts so Thomas can get a rest.

Yesterday was a tough game going in playing consecutive matinees with the time change and travel tossed in against a team that was off on Saturday. They needed a good start and didn't get it, again. It would have been hard enough to mount a real comeback based on all that alone but then they started dropping like flies.

A couple of sidenotes: I was surprised to see Thomas get the start against the Pens. I thought with 3 in 4 that Turco would get that start. The only thing that really bothered me about yesterday's game was that apparently the rules were to blame for Malkin boarding Boychuk and not Malkin. Man, I really can't stand McGuire.

WTF was that!!

I didn't get to see much of the game. It is hard to imagine how they can continue to play this lousy.

i turned it off after the 3rd goal. If they're not going to show up, I don't feel compelled to watch. The first goal was a joke (clearly kicked in) but the rest were just horrendous play.

In some ways I agree with Marchand, after seeing the overhead view. From the first view, it looked like a kicking motion; from above, it looked like he just turned his foot to guide it in, but his forward (or kicking) motion didn't occur until after the puck left his foot. Although that goal was the example of "live by the sword, die by the sword," because the only reason Turco lost his stick is he was being aggressive in trying to play the puck. There are times that will work to his advantage, but it definitely didn't last night.

Right now, their confidence appears to be shot, which is why people say teams are never as good as their winning streak or as bad as their losing streak. They're a much better team than they are showing, but they need to stop playing so carelessly and then slumping their shoulders when they get down a goal.

I still don't agree with the call. Not that it makes a bit of difference. I wouldn't expect Marchand to publicly disagree, it would just be sour grapes.

I figured they wouldn't change that from a no goal to a goal call based on the fact that it was a close and the call on the ice was No Goal. Normally you need absolute proof to overturn so I guess they felt that way. Either way I expect this team to be able to pick them selves up after a shit goal. BTW I'm still not worried about Turco that kick got in his head and then they gave Tampa an easy Breakaway for the 3rd goal.

These guys are playing with no confidence right now. Instead of just playing and making the plays that are there you can see that they're holding the puck that extra tick that is just throwing everything off.

Sidenote: I wish more of the team was as pissed off about it as Bergeron seems to be. I don't remember seeing him hit like he did last night since his rookie season.

Saturday's game illustrated what I've said all along. They have enough talent to beat anyone when they are playing with intensity and intelligence, and when Timmy's game is on.

However, when they won back-to-back games two weeks ago I thought that would be the start of a roll into the playoffs, but it was followed up by four stinkers. I have no idea what to expect at this point, other than to say it wouldn't surprise me to see them reach the Eastern Conference Finals, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them barely escape the first round of the playoffs.

I kind of wish the Leafs could sneak into the 7 seed just so we could hammer the crap out of them again.

Also, 4 point night for Rolston? What is this, 2002?

The road trip will be a better test of where they are. If they play there game & come out with 4-6 points I'd say there on the right track.

Great game last niight. They need to keep this going or Ottawa could catch them.

Khudobin played this weekend for providence. I would think he will get called up so he can get a game or two in case Rask isn't ready for the playoffs.

Bruins signed Torey Krug, very talented offensive d-man out of Michigan State. After reading up on him, small guy but highly skilled and brings good leadership qualities (named MSU's captain as a junior). He's not Dan Dekeyser, but probably the 2nd best D prospect of this years NCAA free agent crop.

Let's just hope he proves better than the last few attempts. Hunwick, Kampfer, and Bodnarchuk all fizzled in the spoked B after brief flashes.

Good win last night. Even though they didn't score on the PP, it looks much less dreadful with Pevs back in the lineup. If they can keep this up, I'm pretty confident that we'll take the division and see O-town in the first.

Had a very cool weekend, courtesy of my lovely bride, who didn't like going to the fights when we first met because a hockey game might break out. Over time, however, it's become one of her favorite sports, so I was really impressed when she told me she noticed that the B's would be in L.A. and Anaheim during the girls' Spring Break. We fit in visiting the grandparents with watching the Bruins SoCal Annihilation Tour.

A couple of observations. Turco looked better Sunday, but still had shaky moments. Bergeron-Marchand-Seguin hit a real rough spot in the third period against he Kings; they had four straight shifts when they could hardly get the puck out of the zone. Finally, Julien broke up the line until about the third period last night, but it's hard to imagine a Bergeron-led line being so porous defensively, even if it was for just four shifts.

Marchand can sometimes try to get a little too cute with the puck in his own zone and Seguin has his moments of just chucking the puck into space for giveaways. Hopefully, Julien uses them as some good coaching moments and gets that out of their games.