Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

Boston Bruins: 2011-2012

I was a little bit surprised by that. I think he's a decent player, but I feel he takes too many chances, so I thought he might be one they would be willing to trade if they wanted to pick up someone more defensive minded for the playoffs.

Hopefully, you're right that maybe peace of mind will help him play better.

I was a little bit surprised by that. I think he's a decent player, but I feel he takes too many chances, so I thought he might be one they would be willing to trade if they wanted to pick up someone more defensive minded for the playoffs.

I figured the same, that he would be worth something at the deadline. Who knows though, maybe Chippa is on to something. Say a team wanted him locked up for a few years before they traded for him. Say like........ Columbus....

Athough I don't think he's going anywhere now.

Uhhh....Joe Corvo anyone?

Agreed. Corvo hasn't brought the offense to the power play that everyone suggested he might.

I remember a reviewer years ago described McCartney's All The Best album along the lines of "With so much maddening mediocrity in his career, it's sometimes easy to forget how great his best songs are." That's how I'm feeling about the B's right now. Too much maddening mediocrity. Stinker against the Sabres. Solid game against the Predators. Stinker against the Rangers. Probably solid tonight against the Habs.

Sure, they kind of outplayed the Rangers last night, but crucial breakdowns in the first period led to the two goals and changed the flavor of the game.

You gotta love the gutless Montreal fans for cheering when Chara takes a puck to the face. :facepalm:

I really didn't like that either. Just when I start to forget why Montreal fans are the most hated around the league they make sure to remind me.

As to the game, up and down, more good than bad but there were some areas the B's still need to tighten up. I usually let iffy calls slide since they balance out over the course of the season but how does Boychuck get an interference call for putting a hit on Pacioretty right after he chipped the puck? It looked to me like Boychuck couldn't have timed that any better.

Great show tonight of Bruins vs Canadians.

I disagree. For a team that is either first or second in third period goal differential, the B's coasted during the third last night. They had a chance to gain possession of the puck before Pacioretty's goal, but lost sight of it, then Chara had a brain freeze with that giveaway. More importantly, at most they had only taken two shots to Montreal's nine by the time the score was tied.

I think they looked very uninspired last night. I not worried (right now). I think depending on how bad Peverly is hurt it may change what they do at the trade deadline.

I don't see anyone in Providence helping at all. I don't think they will be able to much though.

I really didn't like that either. Just when I start to forget why Montreal fans are the most hated around the league they make sure to remind me.

As to the game, up and down, more good than bad but there were some areas the B's still need to tighten up. I usually let iffy calls slide since they balance out over the course of the season but how does Boychuck get an interference call for putting a hit on Pacioretty right after he chipped the puck? It looked to me like Boychuck couldn't have timed that any better.

I was in an out of the room working on a project so I didn't get to watch the whole game. I did walk in right as Boychuck delivered his hit, and the replay. I didn't get why he got called- I assumed it was a make up call, but I don't know all that transpird beforehand. Certainly an odd call.

And of course it was ok for some Bruins fans and players to doubt Max Pacioretty's injury or even make some fun of it on social medias and such. It's also ok to see Marchand try the same bonehead hit on Yemelin that he did on Salo but get away with it this time around. The guy is skating forward and than just bends down to hit low. And of course you guys omit the history between the two teams, the Pacioretti injury that although I still believe was not intentional on Chara's part, it still happened and some people still have that on their mind and although I don't condone the fans reaction, you can at least understand where they are coming from.

Just try to be honest and think about what the fans reaction in Boston would have been if it would have been the other way around. Think about if it had been Hall Gill crushing Patrice Bergeron that way and then he takes a puck to the face in Boston. I think the fans' reaction would have been pretty similar.

There is no "understanding" fans that cheer a player taking a hard puck to the head. That is just plain low, especially to continue while the guy is down and obviously leaking. So, think whatever you need to in order to sleep at night but the fact remains that Canadiens fans have a history of being lowbrow.

...but the fact remains that Canadiens fans have a history of being lowbrow.

Every team has some of those fans, some cities have more than others.

Was Blake Wheeler pumped last night or what?

I really like the Bruins, but I have to say, I *love* watching Winnipeg win games.