Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Easton E700 Helmet Teardown

My son's in Canada right now. I just picked him up an E700 for his birthday. I had them put a ReAkt titanium cage on it. Thing is insanely light.

no compatibility problems?? I'm gonna do the same then. I have a bauer 7500 and the e700 is WAY lighter. The titanium cage is uber light too. good combo.

I took a shot to the top of the dome and the outer shell cracked also. The store replaced it, but I am concerned about the lifespan of this helmet as it seems that every puck to the head or any other relatively mild hits to the helmet cause white stress marks - spoiling the aesthetics and putting a question mark over quality and longevity of the helmet. I realize that the outer shell is not really the protective part, but still.....

It's a real shame as this is the best fitting helmet I've even put on, and so light.

My brother had a matte black E700 and over the course of 2 weeks in a summer league (lighter contact) the shell was destroyed. He took it back and went with a Bauer 7500

Sorry but from my experience with broken bike helmets (aka disposable)...I would not trust this helmet to last. Plastic shell helmets last forever. Light is good but not if you have to buy a new helmet if it cracks or takes a puck shot. Who wants to have to worry about a helmet?

Sorry but from my experience with broken bike helmets (aka disposable)...I would not trust this helmet to last. Plastic shell helmets last forever. Light is good but not if you have to buy a new helmet if it cracks or takes a puck shot. Who wants to have to worry about a helmet?

The E700 does have a plastic shell and EPP inside, like many other helmets on the market. It's no different in that regard.

You always have to buy a new helmet if it cracks, and you should really check your helmet once in a while to make sure it's in decent shape.

This isn't some crappy 20 dollar bike helmet. It's got EPP, just like a lot of the other helmets on the market. It's not "disposable", it's just hard foam instead of soft VN. They both provide effective protection from impacts.

no compatibility problems?? I'm gonna do the same then. I have a bauer 7500 and the e700 is WAY lighter. The titanium cage is uber light too. good combo.

Combo is insanely light. Threw it to a friend in the lobby of the rink on the way out of the shop, he just looked at me and said "are you f*$&ing kidding me?"

Medium cage on a medium helmet fit perfectly. No problems or tweaking required in getting the cage and J-clips to line up. LHS where I got it is super easy to work with and put the cage on while he was out of town. Won't know for sure about sight lines and facial fit until next week. He's going from a 9500 combo so he's used to the style of the RE-AKT cage. I'll let you know how it works out then.

Put a medium Re-Akt cage last night on a medium E700. Cage fits perfect. The only problem is that it is awkward to do up the cage. The cage straps go straight back and the E700 has a different position for the round clip buttons on the back of the helmet. More up and back then on the Re-Akt helmet making it more difficult to clip on the cage. As far as the cage and helmet, I feel it is the lightest combo money can buy. Awesome.

Truly can't describe just how light the E-700 helmet & RE-AKT combo is.

While cage and helmet fit perfectly, I agree the straps present a slight issue, know exactly what you mean. The clearance between the cage & helmet works, it is however paper thin. I did have a little bit of problem with the fit of the chin cup. Had to tweak the J clips slightly. Worked best without them and wouldn't have been an issue. Since my son is a peewee I just didn't want him to deal with any potential issues.

Can anyone comment on the durability of the e700? It fit me nicely but I'm more prone to concussions and the padding worries me. I'm afraid I won't be as protected...

Why should it worry you? It's the same padding as most helmets out there.

I put mine on yesterday for the first time since like April or something, and I forgot how good that helmet feels on your head.

Been using mine for a year now. Love it!

The ability to wash the interior padding makes the helmet feel basically new every time. The shell on it (matte black) doesn't look new, it looks weathered. Perhaps well used if you will. I really like it. Still the best helmet I've ever worn. I'm pairing it with a Re-Akt.

If the helmet fits you, buy it!

Can anyone comment on the durability of the e700? It fit me nicely but I'm more prone to concussions and the padding worries me. I'm afraid I won't be as protected...

I thought that the fit was the most important thing for protection.

I'm in the market for a new helmet so I tried one of these on for the first time the other day. holy bobble head batman!

I know looks shouldn't really matter, but wow, this thing looked funny on me. Maybe it's just because I was trying on the white one (matte) but the thing was HUGE!

No complaints about the weight tho.

I had issues with my matte white E700 developing several small cracks since last April. I brought it back to the store where I bought it a few days ago, and they begrudgingly replaced it under warranty, saying it wasn't really "broken", but they'd replace it anyway. Sorry, but my $150 helmet shouldn't look like that after 9 months playing once a week.

I had issues with my matte white E700 developing several small cracks since last April. I brought it back to the store where I bought it a few days ago, and they begrudgingly replaced it under warranty, saying it wasn't really "broken", but they'd replace it anyway. Sorry, but my $150 helmet shouldn't look like that after 9 months playing once a week.

I haven't seen cracks but my black matte E700 has white marks everywhere someone made contact with it. It does mark up remarkably easy, not sure if that is the matte finish or the helmet itself.

My original helmet also got a bunch of white spots that looked like scratches but came off with a little effort. The cracks were small, but all the way through the shell in multiple places, including the front ridge of the helmet right over one of my eyes.

My original helmet also got a bunch of white spots that looked like scratches but came off with a little effort. The cracks were small, but all the way through the shell in multiple places, including the front ridge of the helmet right over one of my eyes.

Not saying this is the case with your helmet, but this can come from over tightening screws.

Maybe I kissed it up ibfeel like I did read this through pretty decently.

How's the ventilation on these? Especially compared to the dealt and ims 9? Playing summer roller indoors is hoooooooot.

Btw I do see sweat managment is good but you do need to air the helmet out but in talking about air flow during the game stuff.

Wow....I just picked up an E700 (M), with the pads (and the depth adjustment) it is so much more comfortable than my S19 (M). I think I'll remove the hardened gel pads from the S19 and replace them with E600/E700 velcro pads and use it as the backup helmet. Fit-wise the E700 feels like an improvement to me, as the giro arms come around to the side of the head (rather than the S19 adjustment which is anchored behind your ears) I can have a perfect lock all-around, while the S19 required me to use a skull cap to really lock-in between the ears and the temple.

Wow....I just picked up an E700 (M), with the pads (and the depth adjustment) it is so much more comfortable than my S19 (M). I think I'll remove the hardened gel pads from the S19 and replace them with E600/E700 velcro pads and use it as the backup helmet. Fit-wise the E700 feels like an improvement to me, as the giro arms come around to the side of the head (rather than the S19 adjustment which is anchored behind your ears) I can have a perfect lock all-around, while the S19 required me to use a skull cap to really lock-in between the ears and the temple.

I am very impressed with the giro system. really makes the helmet sit nice and snug against your dome without it have any pressure points. Coming from a 7500, I could not be happier. its lighter, better airflow, great looking, and I love the shinny back as opposed to the bauer flat black colour.

I picked up one the E700's a couple of months ago and I've only skated in it probably 10 times. I dont really see how some of you guys are saying this thing has the same plastic/epp system as a standard helmet. This thing has a thin candy coating shell of plastic over the EPP. When you screw the visor on, you can see it deflecting. Heck you can push on it lightly with your thumb and watch it deflect. It is built alot like my 5 y.o. daughters pink bike helmet.

Yes it is super light, yes it is super comfortable. I am not convinced (yet) as to the durability and protection, not making any predictions though. Time will tell. I think I'll keep the old lid in the garage just in case.