Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
hkfury

Marsblade roller chassis

3 hours ago, althoma1 said:

The promotional video looks good, however; I'd like to hear more about the specific details of the product. Obviously the lower portion is aluminum and it's hi lo (80mm 80mm 76mm 76mm for the medium and large chassis), but were there other changes vs. original off ice training model?

Vs the O1, the R1 chassis has a larger radius to provide more support and stability when pushing off. The smaller radius in the rear allows to still get the smoothness in  turns and longer wheel contact with the surface. It offers 4 different interchangeable radius inserts so you can customize according to personal preference. The O1 has a straight 4 ft radius. The R1 comes with the combinations: 5 (rear)-8 (front) ft, 8-8ft, 5-15ft and 8-15ft. //Per, Inventor

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is great news.

I have the O1 and was wondering if you can use the R1 for both training outdoors and games?  Of course changing the wheels between the two activities.  Or would it be more beneficial to use them individually?

Edited by tcc

51 minutes ago, tcc said:

This is great news.

I have the O1 and was wondering if you can use the R1 for both training outdoors and games?  Of course changing the wheels between the two activities.  Or would it be more beneficial to use them individually?

That's a good question. As once as I get the R1, I'll start using my O1s for outdoor training. I didn't want to use the O1s for training since I've been using them for playing and didn't to shorten the chassis' life by doing both. I have another pair of ice skates that have been sitting dormant for months and will look to the MSH Proshop to make the conversion for me. I expect good things out of the R1.

Anybody happen to know how long the presale price will last? At that price, thinking about giving it a go, but don’t want to miss out if it’s only a few days. 

Hey Per @Marsblade I think I'm going to grab just the chassis option, at the price its a steal.

Just curious before I pull the trigger, could you provide some info on how the upper part of the chassis connects to the bottom? And how you would change the rocker?

1 hour ago, gsr027 said:

Went ahead and jumped on the presale. And now we wait. After having sprungs in the past, curious how these compare 

Same. Me and a buddy ordered the chassis and wheels combo. Great price. Haven't been on roller blades in years!

• Like 1

My skate size is the smallest size that calls for the large R1 holder. I don’t like the idea of having too much wheel sticking out forward and back. Can someone with with experience on these give me some guidance if I should go with the large or with the medium to match the wheel base to get the shorter wheelbase and quickness.  

I’ve never tried the marsblades but like the feel of ice skates much more than my current ski boot-style rollerblades. 

6 hours ago, busdriver said:

My skate size is the smallest size that calls for the large R1 holder. I don’t like the idea of having too much wheel sticking out forward and back. Can someone with with experience on these give me some guidance if I should go with the large or with the medium to match the wheel base to get the shorter wheelbase and quickness.  

I’ve never tried the marsblades but like the feel of ice skates much more than my current ski boot-style rollerblades. 

My skate size is a 9 as well & have ordered the large, best to follow marsblade recommendation.

i have tried different chassis that where a size down from what it should have been & they feel tippy, not saying that’s how marsblades would feel though.

You could probably get away with it using only the heel rocker customisation so you don’t feel like your tipping over your toes?

Edited by Sprungdownunder
  • Thanks 1

Most likely no-one here has tried the R1 chassis, but with the O1 I've used a size L chassis on both size 9 and size 8 Bauer skates and had no problem even though the chassis slightly exceeded the outsole.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Sprungdownunder said:

My skate size is a 9 as well & have ordered the large, best to follow marsblade recommendation.

i have tried different chassis that where a size down from what it should have been & they feel tippy, not saying that’s how marsblades would feel though.

You could probably get away with it using only the heel rocker customisation so you don’t feel like your tipping over your toes?

Thanks. I ordered the large R1 chassis/wheel combo.  

I’ve not used Marsblades. Can anyone explain what they know about the different rocker options. I saw in one post that the O1 radius was 4ft. What does that mean? And what is the difference between that and the multiple R1 options?  

Also, Ill be using mine outside for off ice training and general recreational skating with my kids.  I saw only one wheel option that seems pretty soft. Is there an option to get harder wheels included with the frame? And/or does anyone have recommendations for hardness of outdoor wheels I should look at when it’s time to replace them.  I have 5 ice rinks within 25 minutes and I don’t see myself playing indoor roller hockey at this time. But I do have a nice park with a good concrete skating path nearby. 

On 4/15/2020 at 4:22 PM, busdriver said:

Thanks. I ordered the large R1 chassis/wheel combo.  

I’ve not used Marsblades. Can anyone explain what they know about the different rocker options. I saw in one post that the O1 radius was 4ft. What does that mean? And what is the difference between that and the multiple R1 options?  

Also, Ill be using mine outside for off ice training and general recreational skating with my kids.  I saw only one wheel option that seems pretty soft. Is there an option to get harder wheels included with the frame? And/or does anyone have recommendations for hardness of outdoor wheels I should look at when it’s time to replace them.  I have 5 ice rinks within 25 minutes and I don’t see myself playing indoor roller hockey at this time. But I do have a nice park with a good concrete skating path nearby. 

Assuming that Marsblade's stock wheel option hasn't changed, their wheels are soft. I upgraded the wheels on my O1's to the Pure +2. I haven't used them outdoors but as soon as I'm able to get the R1's installed on my other pair of ice skates, the O1 setup will be used primarily for outdoor skating.

6 hours ago, 215BroadStBullies610 said:

FYI: Preorder for the just the R1 chassis went up to $139!

Damn! What was it at before? Meant to check out a few days ago and totally got side tracked. Still may check it out, not interested in the wheels and bearings as I prefer my konixx and bones. 

I believe it was $99 US before and $115 CAD. Now it's $139 US and $160 CAD. Originally all the R1 preorders (just chassis, chassis with wheels and full boot) were 50% off and now they're 30% off. The site suggests there are limited numbers available at certain discounts; so the discount will likely decrease further as time goes on.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Stewie said:

Damn! What was it at before? Meant to check out a few days ago and totally got side tracked. Still may check it out, not interested in the wheels and bearings as I prefer my konixx and bones. 

Yep yep: $99 USD + Shipping. And yea, I like my Konixx Pures also so that will be the setup I'll have some time in July/August.

3 hours ago, althoma1 said:

I believe it was $99 US before and $115 CAD. Now it's $139 US and $160 CAD. Originally all the R1 preorders (just chassis, chassis with wheels and full boot) were 50% off and now they're 30% off. The site suggests there are limited numbers available at certain discounts; so the discount will likely decrease further as time goes on.

Yea, it seemed like the 50% off deal was for about a week? Not sure how long the new discount of 30% will last.

Yeah, I wasn’t sure how long it would last, but since it was listed as limited, I went ahead and placed an order last week. Going from 50% off to 30%, and missing out on that savings stinks, but just goes to show, if you’re really interested, don’t get left out again, since no assurances this current reduced discount will last much longer. 

1 hour ago, gsr027 said:

Yeah, I wasn’t sure how long it would last, but since it was listed as limited, I went ahead and placed an order last week. Going from 50% off to 30%, and missing out on that savings stinks, but just goes to show, if you’re really interested, don’t get left out again, since no assurances this current reduced discount will last much longer. 

My original hesitation was I am looking In to wether they will be available as an option for True inline skates. I think the original mars blade was offered by true. 
I was just gonna get them for that price though in case I like them so much and want to convert my existing inline skates over so that I can have the same off-road and on road experience 

maybe @Marsblade knows? 

Edited by Stewie

I feel like the last original models were with verbero, and with the r1 being offered on the new alkali boot, it’s likely that they won’t be with true directly, but I could definitely be wrong. 

My main question now is, is the R1 a direct mounting swap with the originals, similar to how CCM, cxn, and tuuks could all me swapped without adding new holes. Hopefully they are, and that existing users can make a relatively Easy swap if they want to try the r1s

57 minutes ago, gsr027 said:

I feel like the last original models were with verbero, and with the r1 being offered on the new alkali boot, it’s likely that they won’t be with true directly, but I could definitely be wrong. 

Yeah that’s the FMT skates. The shop I’ve bought my true skates from said that True has made with the mars blade roller chassis before, but that also could’ve been when you can send in a chassis for them to mount before they had their own thing, so he’s clarifying through True for me 

18 hours ago, gsr027 said:

My main question now is, is the R1 a direct mounting swap with the originals, similar to how CCM, cxn, and tuuks could all me swapped without adding new holes. Hopefully they are, and that existing users can make a relatively Easy swap if they want to try the r1s

The answer Marsblade sent me by mail if it's help you.

Our R1 does not have the same hole pattern as usual Tuuk holders for example, so you will most likely need to drill new holes. From what I understand it is easier however to install the chassi on the R1 compared to the O1, I will check if there will be a specific tutorial for this. Regarding the weight, the weight of the M chassi R1 (without wheels) is 282 gr. Although most players think they feel much lighter when using them, this is most likely due to the technology.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2020 at 3:08 PM, tcc said:

This is great news.

Optimal is to use them individually, O1 is optimized for off-ice training while R1 is optimized for Roller Hockey. With that said R1 definitely works for outdoor training as well (with other wheels as you said), and will give you much more ice like skate feel than a traditional chassis, but it will not challange you as much as the O1 when it comes to off-ice training. 

• Thanks 1