Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert DT ST/LT Stick Lineup

The catalogue is here; complete with all of the sticks in the lineup -

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index.php/files/file/166-2013-warrior-hockey-holiday-catalogue/

Also, Keith Perera, who is the Stick Product Manager at Warrior (and posts under miseaujeu here) will be active in this thread, monitoring as well as answering any questions you all may have.

Where the curve is (heel vs mid-heel) the overall length (medium vs long) and the toe shape (square vs round).

what are the differences between the pavelski and the lidstrom curves? they look quite similar

Im really hoping for a more durable toe, I love the DT1 but both of mine now have gone from a round toe to a square toe with exposed foam in a little over a month. I could still can use the stick and find it shoots quite hard but the toe isn't safe to use anymore.

Ahem, I apologize for the amount of questions before hand but i have been waiting for this thread for a while now and am extremely excited for the dt1lt ::puts on his reading glasses and typing gloves::...Ok so, lets begin.

- When going from the DT1 to the DT1LT what is different and what will be the same spec wise. weight, materials used etc etc. will the nice rounded shaft dimensions, hopefully, still remain.

- The dagger taper 2, is that now a "2" bc the dimensions are different (or will it be the same as the dt1/widow) or is it bc the spars now extend into that area? is the actual kick point lower?

- When it says "uni-directional fibers' are those different from whats there now? is that similar to the "preloaded" fibers reebok is trying to boost? is this what goes into the "enhanced super low kick". i would also be interested in what you mean by recoil. is that receiving a pass, bounce back after a shot, deadening vibrations from slashes etc etc/

- Will the flexes still play/feel the same as the widow and dt1s? i know you guys have been known for a much more effortless loading which my shoulder muscles do thank.

- The True1 LT seems to be nothing major except noting that the blade has been lightened and it has a better balance. correct?

- Looking at the pic of zetterberg's stick posted on the warrior twitter, it looks like the diamond grip texture has been enlarged, is this correct? if so i think i would like that. the original diamond grip was great even on a non grip stick and i was honestly skeptical of it, but playing as a harder nosed center i cant remember a time where it was knocked out of my hands.

- Preemptive strike. Any update to the customizer? and will the shark skin blade finish be stock on the stick or only available on the customizer?

Besides that i hope this stick not only meets and exceeds the previous covert lineup, I know the long term review guys really boasted about them, (this lead me to try out warrior sticks to begin with), and winning the MSH stick of the year isnt a small feat either.

Also last but not least thank Keith for your time. Most other companies, reps, organizations wouldnt and dont take the time to interact with the customer like you guys do. I find it great that i get to speak to and pick the brain of someone that really has knowledge of the product and isnt just guessing or BSing form a spec sheet theyre reading. other companies should take note. but i guess thats why they let you go on those calender shoots. :wink:

Very Clever with the flex rating combined with stick length and 55 flex on the cheapest stick!!

Big Up Warrior!!

Very Clever with the flex rating combined with stick length and 55 flex on the cheapest stick!!

Big Up Warrior!!

It's interesting to see the softer flexes having slightly shorter lengths, I use intermediate sticks but prefer 55 flex, the length that they're putting the 55's at is pretty much perfect for me. I really wish the DT4 int would be offered in 55 flex with the W28 pattern, I've been wanting to try it/Easton's E28 (use a BC10 Russell pattern at the moment) and Dagger tech. I might give the Senior dt4 75 flex/W28 a look and see if I could make it work since it comes a little shorter.

The thing you have to remember about warrior is that with their top sticks they enlongated it to 63" over the industry standard of 60", and you can cut them about 5" before the flex FEELS any higher. The previous covert thread has a big post from warrior detailing the flex situation and it's actually measures only using something like a 4ft length of the shaft.

I would be willing to bet if you took their 85 rated flex stick at 63" and an 85 stick at 60" and cut them both down to 58" then they would feel as if the flexes were identicle even though the longer stick is getting cut much more. If you cut them to say 54" (a big chop for both) I would say they would both feel stiffer but their flexes would feel near identicle to each other.

Edit: upon closer inspection I do see one stick that has 63" for 100&85 flexes and 60" for the 70. Hmm. All I can't think of is that maybe at that price point they see the guys using those flexes don't need that length and it'll save them a little bit of money not making the extra 3" over 100s of sticks.

First off, thanks to MSH for the opportunity to submit answers to a specific thread. This has been a great tool for us to disseminate more info on our product line (to an educated audience), answer questions directly, as well as find out some of the shortcomings of our line and make necessary changes. It is certainly a two-way conversation and it helps! Thank you in advance, the members make us better.

This Holiday release is a very exciting update to the Covert line. We felt we built a very good foundation of performance and durability improvements that we could increase performance and find some weight efficiencies based on better engineered parts. Here's a quick run down of the product line.

Tech Improvements:

• LT - True1 construction helps us make the heel/low shaft region of the stick lighter. With internal structures, excess weight in the blade heel can be removed. This balance/swingweight improvements manifest in a blade that feels super light. Faster Swing = Faster Shot...pretty simple.
  • DT1ST - HiFused construction+DaggerT2+"DT1" materials package gives you the very best in weight/materials mix with added twist resistance for stronger players. A player that loves the feel of low kick, with added control. We noticed, players who use more snap/slap shots loved this stick. The Fuse point being near the lower hand helps to achieve this added stability and makes the bottom of the stick feel lighter. Again, Faster Swing + Control = Faster Shot with Accuracy.
  • TwinSpar EXT - Internal structures extend into the heel/shaft area of the stick. This connects the Dagger Taper to the Blade giving more energy transfer from the shaft to the blade. A connected stick/blade feels more responsive and really enhances the Dagger Taper quick load and quick release.
  • Dagger T2 - Dagger Taper Tech continues on the entire line (DT1LT/ST all the way down to DT5). Dagger Taper is improved with the addition of Uni-Directional fibers. This specialized carbon material is like a springboard, it flexes and springs back. This addition makes Dagger more active, and you can feel it!
  • Blade construction - Our blade overhaul from 2012 Holiday is really paying dividends. The performance and durability improvements have been amazing from our returns side as well as the feedback we've received from dealers and players (at all levels).

DT1LT:

The improvements on DT1LT can be summed up by Lighter/Faster.

DT1ST:

Low kick for the stronger player.

DT3LT:

Major improvements to this stick! All the internal construction features of DT1LT, made in Asia. Improved balance with reduced blade weight. 12K fibers in the blade and throughout the whole stick. Very impressive package at $149.

DT4LT:

We had a good package on the DT4 last year, but missed the mark on some small things (blade weave, weight/balance). This year, this stick is THE BEST $99 stick we've ever made. The balance improvements from True1LT make the stick feel amazing and swing fast. DaggerT2 is more responsive and kicks hard. 12K fiber added to the blade (this is the same fiber we used on our MacDaddy/Dolomite in the past!)

DT5LT:

Amazing game improvement stick with DaggerT2+True1LT. Lower flexes offered here to complement the player that needs more from DaggerT2 and the stick working together. Lower flex give more load and release. True1LT on a $79 stick makes it feel more blade light...especially important for a player that needs more blade speed into the puck.

All in all, some very good improvements to specific models and adding to our very good tech base in Dagger and our new blade construction.

Some pattern/flex/length changes to the line.

In an effort to avoid Lie marking confusion in the market, our sticks will no longer list our lie on the sticks. As everyone here knows, our lies are measured differently and our numbers reflect that...but the blades are the same. We felt this (to those who didn't know our measurement method was different) was hindering sales.

"W" pattern numbers will become more prevalent. Due to yearly player contract changes, we have to change our names on sticks. We will always keep the "W" number the same, but the name may change. Which segue into our pattern changes for this launch:

Pattern Change:

W02 Lidstrom has been removed from North America.

W03 Kopitar (aka Toews/Draper) is now W03 Henrique

W05 Kovalev is now W05 Granlund

W12 Wisniewski is now W12 Pavelski (which is a nice replacement for Lidstrom with a slight round toe)

W28 Yakupov is a new curve. Mid/Toe Open like E28.

Flex/Length:

We felt that length and flex should go hand in hand. As a player develops, the length and flex of their stick should follow.

Here are our new lengths based on flex.

DT1LT - DT1ST - DT3LT:

100/85: 63"

75: 60"

70: 57"

55: 55"

50/40: 51"

30: 47"

DT4LT - DT5LT

100/85: 60"

70: 57"

55: 55"

50/40: 51"

Ahem, I apologize for the amount of questions before hand but i have been waiting for this thread for a while now and am extremely excited for the dt1lt ::puts on his reading glasses and typing gloves::...Ok so, lets begin.

- When going from the DT1 to the DT1LT what is different and what will be the same spec wise. weight, materials used etc etc. will the nice rounded shaft dimensions, hopefully, still remain.

- The dagger taper 2, is that now a "2" bc the dimensions are different (or will it be the same as the dt1/widow) or is it bc the spars now extend into that area? is the actual kick point lower?

- When it says "uni-directional fibers' are those different from whats there now? is that similar to the "preloaded" fibers reebok is trying to boost? is this what goes into the "enhanced super low kick". i would also be interested in what you mean by recoil. is that receiving a pass, bounce back after a shot, deadening vibrations from slashes etc etc/

- Will the flexes still play/feel the same as the widow and dt1s? i know you guys have been known for a much more effortless loading which my shoulder muscles do thank.

- The True1 LT seems to be nothing major except noting that the blade has been lightened and it has a better balance. correct?

- Looking at the pic of zetterberg's stick posted on the warrior twitter, it looks like the diamond grip texture has been enlarged, is this correct? if so i think i would like that. the original diamond grip was great even on a non grip stick and i was honestly skeptical of it, but playing as a harder nosed center i cant remember a time where it was knocked out of my hands.

- Preemptive strike. Any update to the customizer? and will the shark skin blade finish be stock on the stick or only available on the customizer?

Besides that i hope this stick not only meets and exceeds the previous covert lineup, I know the long term review guys really boasted about them, (this lead me to try out warrior sticks to begin with), and winning the MSH stick of the year isnt a small feat either.

Also last but not least thank Keith for your time. Most other companies, reps, organizations wouldnt and dont take the time to interact with the customer like you guys do. I find it great that i get to speak to and pick the brain of someone that really has knowledge of the product and isnt just guessing or BSing form a spec sheet theyre reading. other companies should take note. but i guess thats why they let you go on those calender shoots. :wink:

Thanks for the questions!

DT1 vs DT1LT. Faster swingweight (LT), Responsive kick (DaggerT2+TwinSparEXT), Better balance/feel.

Dimensions are the same for the shaft/blade/Dagger.

Not sure what Reebok is using, but our Uni does allow for more recoil and yes..."enhanced super low kick".

Flexes on the DT1LT over DT1 should feel the same. Flexes on the ST vs LT will feel different...based on the construction and twist resistance. Feel is a very difficult thing to predict with hockey players.

True1LT is a definite improvement. More so on the DT4LT and DT5LT since lower priced sticks are usually heavier, you feel that lighter blade even more.

Diamond Grip is enhanced. It has larger diamonds in the top handle and they get smaller toward the middle of the shaft. All in an effort to maximize grip in "load bearing" zones and cut out unnecessary weight in not grip zones.

Customizer will be updated in October. Still mucking through the details, but we're hoping to offer a more "pro" experience (Covert Pro graphics/colors with current options)

Thanks for the kinds words. My pleasure to answer any questions out there.

Big Up Warrior!!

I'm really glad someone noticed. We feel this is a very good change to our line and one that really makes sense.

Thanks!

What's 'T3' mean? The stick says 'Yakupov T3'. .. Or is he using a pro pattern?

[/uR

L]

EDIT: Better view

]

This is a pro stick/construction. Does not relate to retail.

What is the reasoning behind the w28 not being offered on the non-grip DT1 LT and ST? I'm very curious to try it, but I hate grip sticks.

Since W28 is a new pattern, we wanted to offer it in Grip only since 75% sales today are in Grip finish. Clear sales are really dwindling and it's much easier on dealers, and honestly Warrior, to carry less skus. Sorry...

Thx for the answer Keith and god i am happy the W28 is on his way :) remeber the talk we had

So glad you guys got that curve it will help the sells for sure

Go warrior !!!

question on the varying stick length with lighter flex. For example, I'd be picking up a DT1LT 75 flex, 60 length. Will the stick still have the 5-6 inch zone where if you cut it the flex shouldn't increase? If so, that will be great.

question on the varying stick length with lighter flex. For example, I'd be picking up a DT1LT 75 flex, 60 length. Will the stick still have the 5-6 inch zone where if you cut it the flex shouldn't increase? If so, that will be great.

Yes..

The zone doesn't change since the flex measurement zone is a 42" span in the middle of the shaft.

Thx for the answer Keith and god i am happy the W28 is on his way :) remeber the talk we had

So glad you guys got that curve it will help the sells for sure

Go warrior !!!

Bien Sur. Je souviens notre echange.