Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert DT ST/LT Stick Lineup

Anybody planning on getting the st vs lt?

I'm going to try the ST, just debating flex (75 or 85). Usually use a 77 Nexus cut 4", to about a 90, but since it's a Nexus it feels more like a 82ish. So I think I'll wait to hear reports on if the ST plays true to flex or stiffer/whippier. Leaning towards 75 as of now. Hoping reviews will come in quickly.

Posted on the very first page:

Some pattern/flex/length changes to the line.

In an effort to avoid Lie marking confusion in the market, our sticks will no longer list our lie on the sticks. As everyone here knows, our lies are measured differently and our numbers reflect that...but the blades are the same. We felt this (to those who didn't know our measurement method was different) was hindering sales.

"W" pattern numbers will become more prevalent. Due to yearly player contract changes, we have to change our names on sticks. We will always keep the "W" number the same, but the name may change. Which segue into our pattern changes for this launch:

Pattern Change:

W02 Lidstrom has been removed from North America.

W03 Kopitar (aka Toews/Draper) is now W03 Henrique

W05 Kovalev is now W05 Granlund

W12 Wisniewski is now W12 Pavelski (which is a nice replacement for Lidstrom with a slight round toe)

W28 Yakupov is a new curve. Mid/Toe Open like E28.

Flex/Length:

We felt that length and flex should go hand in hand. As a player develops, the length and flex of their stick should follow.

Here are our new lengths based on flex.

DT1LT - DT1ST - DT3LT:

100/85: 63"

75: 60"

70: 57"

55: 55"

50/40: 51"

30: 47"

DT4LT - DT5LT

100/85: 60"

70: 57"

55: 55"

50/40: 51"

This may help with some of the pattern questions.

Also...keep in mind the lack of lie markings going forward.

PatternInfoChart13-14_zpseddd4b76.jpg

Also...probably old news to most on this board - How our curves compare to the market.

CompetitorPatternComparisonSheet036_zpsb

So waiting for Tyler Roy to get back on his report, I see Keith may have been holding out on us...

He has that sweet auto puck loader all to himself! But really that's a nice little video, and the nerd in me wants to see more of the details of that whole process. The antsy kid in me now wants to get a customized stick.

Man. I've been to 3 stores in the area. I'm talking 3 major stores. 2 didn't have these at all and 1 store had like 10 righties, but none in the flex/curve I'm looking for.

I was pretty happy with the LT. Had both DT1 and DT1Lt on hand and noticed a difference in the two. Shooting wise I feel they play very similar, blade on the LT takes passes better. Too early to say if its more or less durable but I have my hopes high. I did find that the DT1Lt had a little more weight in the blade than the DT1.

So waiting for Tyler Roy to get back on his report, I see Keith may have been holding out on us...

He has that sweet auto puck loader all to himself! But really that's a nice little video, and the nerd in me wants to see more of the details of that whole process. The antsy kid in me now wants to get a customized stick.

Hmm keep us updated as you keep playing with it. That's odd you say you felt the blade to be heavier. I know they mentioned they tried to lighten the blade even more, maybe it's the twinspar ext and other such things down low in the shaft

In store a 75 flex felt a good bit stiffer than a 75 flex 63" DT1. So they both come on with a 75 flex but shorter FEELS stiffer. So I guess size...does...matter.

I'm 5'8 and I will only have to cut a new 75 flex to come right at my nose.

No problem JR, the community has your back.

One thing I would like to see that I've seen on other, mainly guitar forums, are factory walk throughs. Some are posted from tv shows, others are done straight for the forum to give members an inside peak.

I'm sure something like the above but with more detail and length would be appreciated by many players. Following suit of one I saw of the Gibson custom shop line, you can even do it on the custom sticks you guys offer to show the personal touch of things.

What's up with these? Been to 2 total hockey's, one hockey giant and one shop at a rink. Good shop. Only the Th's had them but only about 5 each very limited selection. Total hockey only has 85 and 100 flex online, hockey giant and ice warehouse doesn't have them at all. Only hockey monkey has them but I don't want to pay their crap shipping

I've noticed this too. One local shop doesn't carry warrior anymore, one isn't carrying the new warrior lines bc they didn't sell the eta well and the other is outrageously priced and has very limited stock.

I'm not surprised about the local retailers, as we see in other threads stores are buying less initial.stock as there is so much left over in their stores. If the warrior, or whoevers sticks are not selling I can see them being hesitant on new items.

I am surprised some of the online retailers have little to no mention of it with some showing very little stock or curve choices and some not having it up at all. The exception is total hockey who actually made their own nice little front page banner for it. One REAL big surprise is that a couple are boasting the new mission stick which I havnt heard anything of anywhere, except from a passing comment from a guy I know on the mission Bauer roller team.

I don't want this misconstrued as complaining, to me it doesn't make a difference but it does seem odd, and there may be some behind the scenes stuff happening with the retailers that we don't know about.