Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Warrior Covert DT ST/LT Stick Lineup

Miseaujeu, I love the kick of the 70 flex Int. DT1, but want senior dimensions. Therefore, I am probably going to have to order a custom stick. What should I get in the Sr. to make it feel identical to the Intermediate since it is 63"? 60 flex?

Thanks for the kind words and your support. Nice find on that Brunette AK...

Yes it's a funky curve, not the Kovalev like I'm used to. It is almost completely straight for the first half from the heel out. I have noticed less shots going over the net though. I'll post a pic later.

After some extensive testing over the last few month I have to say I am absolutely excited about the DT1 LT. Having used many other top of the line sticks from Easton, Bauer or Reebok the way the DT1 LT performs makes it my favourite. I also very much liked the DT1 and I am glad the DT1 LT even adds a bit of power and performs a notch better.
The Reebok Ribcor for example might be lighter, though the balance is noticeable better on the DT1 LT.
Having used Dolomite, Widow, ... I have to admit that durability finally has reached a great level! Compared to Easton V9E there is such a huge difference.
Congrats to Warrior and keep up the great work.

miseaujeu,

Any plans for a Kovalchuk curve on the DT3LT? I'm an open hockey/ occasional charity game guy and didn't really want to spend $250+ on a stick. I have the Diablo 75 Flex with the Kovalchuk curve now. Don't think it has to much life left in it. If not any suggestions?

Has anyone here tried the DT1ST here? Curious to see how people like it?

Really nice stick, best stick I've tried from Warrior yet (I've been using it since it came out). Liked it better than the LT in terms of feel, could feel the puck on the blade better when stickhandling (like the AX1) the LT felt kind of dead to me. In terms of kick, higher kick than the LT, lower than the AX1, I'd call it mid-low, you can really feel it load and release. It shoots everything really nice. But to be honest, recently I have been switching back and forth between this and my Nexus, there is just something about that Nexus... I can't put my finger on it. If I didn't have the Nexus I would be REALLY happy to have found the ST though, it would be my go to stick for sure, no question.

Got to the store and they don't carry the new lt, st, or the 3lt .

They did have the 4 and 5. I must say the 4 felt really light and really balanced. If I were blindfolded I would have mistook it for a higher end stick easily and it was sub $100 I believe. The 5 was nice too but it felt a tad blade heavy but the overall weight was very nice for such little coin. Really wish they had the dt1lt.

I couldn't find the Covert DT3 LT in a store either, as my usual place doesn't stock much Warrior gear period & all they had was a handful of older sticks. I ordered one online (85 flex, W03 curve) with Christmas money & picked up an older Dolomite on clearance for $80 to boot (green dragon, 75 flex, heel curve...supposedly pro-stock). First one piece sticks & first Warrior sticks should all arrive in a couple of days, I'm very excited to get them taped up & on the ice.

Good luck Lone Star.I had been an Easton kid from1985-2000's with baseball/softball/hockey until I converted to Warrior sticks. Haven't looked back since.

When is the glove/breezer/bag/stick customizer going to be updated

When is the glove/breezer/bag/stick customizer going to be updated

i think he mentioned this many times that it is out of his hands bc it isnt his direct department but he did mention it was probably pushed back to an early summer update.

Good luck Lone Star.I had been an Easton kid from1985-2000's with baseball/softball/hockey until I converted to Warrior sticks. Haven't looked back since.

I've had numerous Easton sticks as well (Ultralite, Griplite, & ST). I cannot believe how light & how easily I can flex the Warriors I just got...the Covert DT3 LT kicks a lot & easily too. I spent more time with the Dolomite just in case I wanted to pick up another one on clearance (the answer is yes), but for my next game I plan on using the Covert for the vast majority of it. So far I am sold. Another thing that I like is the Covert DT3 LT does not have an extremely grippy surface, even though it is advertised as a grip stick it feels a touch tacky & has a raised X pattern down the shaft, this is amazing coming from a NB One95 Shaft without grip as there is virtually no adjustment. Granted I am a low level beer leaguer, who has never had a one piece stick before...

Will the LT and ST become available on the custom site in the near future?

I'm not responsible for that department, but I know it won't be right away. Probably more likely mid to end of summer.

Just curious can we get a quick list of "big" name NHLers who use the LT or ST?

Ie... Zetterberg

Construction or Graphic? I guess that's a dumb question.

It would be very time consuming for me to go through all the pro specs and list who uses what and try to boil it down to "LT or ST"... it's not that simple since each pro gets a unique construction.

I can confirm that Zetterberg uses a "very close to retail" Covert DT1LT construction.

I'm not responsible for that department, but I know it won't be right away. Probably more likely mid to end of summer.

Construction or Graphic? I guess that's a dumb question.

It would be very time consuming for me to go through all the pro specs and list who uses what and try to boil it down to "LT or ST"... it's not that simple since each pro gets a unique construction.

I can confirm that Zetterberg uses a "very close to retail" Covert DT1LT construction.

Is it safe to say the DT line has seen Warrior's use in the NHL go up considerably this season vs. the past year or two?

I've got nothing scientific to back it up, but it sure seems like any game I see on TV has more Warriors than I was used to seeing just a year or two ago.

Is it safe to say the DT line has seen Warrior's use in the NHL go up considerably this season vs. the past year or two?

I've got nothing scientific to back it up, but it sure seems like any game I see on TV has more Warriors than I was used to seeing just a year or two ago.

Yes. Very safe. I don't have the specific number of guys but I know that we've added about 10-15 guys since last season.

Another thing you might be noticing is that we have "allowed" less graphics available to our pro players. In the past, we had as many as 7 different graphics available for a pro to choose to decorate their stick from. Having one graphic for Covert or Dynasty, available in a few colors, gives a larger impression of use now. Not sure if that makes sense.

Just a quick question does the new ax1LT tech (new improved weight and blade) get passed on the custumizer "dolomite" package by any chance ?

I know this thread is for the DT1 but I also see the AX1 in the warrior lineup. Looking at the warrior site, it isn't immediately clear to me what the differences are. Can anyone sum them up? Also LT and ST?

Also, for someone who used to like the old Easton Synergys/SE16s (but doesn't really care for current Easton sticks), do the new warriors still feel similar? I used a Warrior dolomite and thought it was very similar to an SE16. However, there were small things that threw me off (it wasn't 100% similar in feeling and the slightly rounded shaft that bothered me at times). How are the newer warrios in this regard? I've heard the shafts are a bit more square, for instance.

I know this thread is for the DT1 but I also see the AX1 in the warrior lineup. Looking at the warrior site, it isn't immediately clear to me what the differences are. Can anyone sum them up? Also LT and ST?

Also, for someone who used to like the old Easton Synergys/SE16s (but doesn't really care for current Easton sticks), do the new warriors still feel similar? I used a Warrior dolomite and thought it was very similar to an SE16. However, there were small things that threw me off (it wasn't 100% similar in feeling and the slightly rounded shaft that bothered me at times). How are the newer warrios in this regard? I've heard the shafts are a bit more square, for instance.

Dynasty is midkick, while Covert is lowkick. I can't speak to the LT and ST.

AX1 is mid kick, DT1 is low kick point. The DT1 is similar to the Easton Stealth, now Velocity line. The LT just stands for light. The ST means that the lower part of the shaft is stiffer/stronger. I can't remember what they do, but it's supposed to make the blade not open up so much for more powerful players. According to Keith, Warrior Stick Guy, The DT1 ST has been compared to the Easton SE16.

I have a DT1 LT and an Easton V9E (stealth) and the two have similar feel to me.

For the AX1, they are mid flex point. Same deal with ST and LT. ST uses their strong arm technology to keep the blade from opening up. I imagine we will get some more info on these soon since they are due to be released Feb 14th.

Hope that helps.

Been wanting to add something here for the DT4LT

A few weeks ago I was thinking about buying a second DT1LT in yakupov curve, 75 flex. Went to a rink to check it out. Picked one up and started to walk to the register. Got there and it turned out to be a DT4LT. It was so light and looked just like the DT1LT I didn't even notice. Decided to pass, but I would really like to try one out some time.

I was more impressed with the balance of the dt3lt than the 1 myself

I've played a couple of games with my DT3LT & I love it - the balance is way better than the 2-pieces I am used to & have been using for years...but I had nothing to compare it to as the shop that I usually go to doesn't carry any current Warrior stuff.