Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gummer12

2014 CCM Tacks Skates

Had a chance to see them in person today...man oh man. I was definitely impressed by them. Sizing was crazy on them, rep brought a 8.5, and it fit like a glove. I'm a 9 in my RBZ's, and a 9.5 in Bauers, but the 8.5 fit great.

Interesting! Our local shop and CCM held a Tacks skate and stick demo this past week. My (12 yr old) son who wore a CCM U+12 6.5 Sr skate this past season first tried on the 6.5 Tack, but then asked for a 6 after trying the 6.5. He said the 6 felt great. I was surprised as I thought we would be moving up to a 7 size skate by now as his foot is still growing.

Not that this means anything, just thought it was interesting you had the same experience!

Maybe CCM is going with different sizing for their skates, I dont like CCM skates and stay away from them because they dont fit me well, but I have heard the latest RBZ skates fit 2.5 sizes smaller than your shoe size.

Tacks would follow RBZs' sizing scale, typically anywhere from a half to a full size down from your typical Bauer or Reebok size.

From m the info I've seen, CCM/Reebok says the Reebok and Tacks skates are 1 size down from shoe size, and the RBZ is 2 sizes down from shoe size. Obviously this isn't how we fit skates, but this is the comparison in sizing coming from the manufacturer themselves.

I wear a 6 in Reebok and tried a 6 in the Tacks. Length seemed pretty spot on.

From m the info I've seen, CCM/Reebok says the Reebok and Tacks skates are 1 size down from shoe size, and the RBZ is 2 sizes down from shoe size. Obviously this isn't how we fit skates, but this is the comparison in sizing coming from the manufacturer themselves.

You guys are right, Tacks follows Reebok. It's only RBZ which is different.

Whether intended or not, the upside to the crazy sizing of the RBZ allows for junior sized skaters (and women) to remain in a junior size for longer (or forever). When you consider the price jump to go from junior size to senior size skates, it is a pretty attractive "feature".

In stores July 19th I believe

I tried some on this weekend (not in my size) and it seemed the toe cap was quite narrow. Maybe this is why the sizing is different to the RBZ

You guys are right, Tacks follows Reebok. It's only RBZ which is different.

It's dizzying trying to figure this stuff out! : ) At the CCM Tacks demo, my son liked 6 (senior size, currently wears 6.5 U+12). Went to the local shop to let him try on the Ribcor 30K and they had him in a 7, and said I may want to consider the 7.5. As all you guys always advise, it is best to get out and just try on the different skates!

Not sure if there are any standards among manufactures, but does anyone know the actual differences in whole sizes or half size in inches/cm/mm?

If your son is still growing then that's probably why they put him in a larger size.

There's no accurate or precise way to convert to standard units of measurement because everyone has unique sizing scales and neither skates nor feet are on 2D planes.

Hopefully they are an improvement. I've had the RBZs for the couple months and i think they are crap and just picked up the MX3s. Bad construction, tongue gives lace bite and pain on outside of foot just in front of the toe cap. There are some really positive things going on with this skate but they will never make good sales until they can match the comfort level of Bauer products without a custom made pair. And yes i can confirm, i'm a 9.5 in Bauer and i was am 8.5 in the RBZs.

Hopefully they are an improvement. I've had the RBZs for the couple months and i think they are crap and just picked up the MX3s. Bad construction, tongue gives lace bite and pain on outside of foot just in front of the toe cap. There are some really positive things going on with this skate but they will never make good sales until they can match the comfort level of Bauer products without a custom made pair. And yes i can confirm, i'm a 9.5 in Bauer and i was am 8.5 in the RBZs.

You're comparing two different fits, apparently the RBZ fit is not made for your foot shape. You will find the Tacks will feel a lot more comfortable if you like the Supreme fit.

I am in MX3 myself, and cannot wait to get my Tacks... I am looking forward to some new competition for Supremes

If I wear Bauer, I'm Supreme all the way, fits well out-of-box even. Yet I cannot seem to like the fit of Tacks and find the RBZ fit much closer to Supreme than Tacks, which I compare to Nexus save for the slightly narrower forefoot.

So just to clarify, they're crap because they don't fit your foot?

Makes sense

There are a lot of people wearing them here in MTL as rbk/ccm is big here in the stores and midget/junior teams, i have heard nothing but good things about them, that is if they fit you of course, if they dont fit you properly every skate will be crap for you.

You're comparing two different fits, apparently the RBZ fit is not made for your foot shape. You will find the Tacks will feel a lot more comfortable if you like the Supreme fit.

I am in MX3 myself, and cannot wait to get my Tacks... I am looking forward to some new competition for Supremes

Josh, this contradicts what I have read - I thought the Tacks were supposed to be more of a Vapor fit? My RBZ 80s fit very well and I have found I have a Supreme-type foot.

Perhaps your RBZ 80 have molded very well to your foot, glad they fit! :]

I can't say much more about the Tacks, just note that RibCor are a more narrow fitting skate, while the RBZ are a wider fitting skate

Hope this helps :]

Josh is right, CCM gave dealers a great infographic package detailing the different fit styles of their 3 skate line. It seems that more samples are needed to get a general rule of thumb in comparing Bauer fits, if there even could exist one.

I have a question regarding skates:

I'm coming from a pair of Bauer One.6's, one of the worst skates because I had to downgrade in terms of quality from Bauer X5.0's.

Last game, I cracked the blade open, and am still playing in a competitive league. Hockey Monkey is like half an hour away, and have a

sale on the One.9's, for $499. However, I wanted to wait for the Tacks skates to come out, but would have to settle for a lower end model

around $500, instead of actually getting the real Tacks skates. Should I go for the One.9's before they run out, or wait for the Tacks model

in the summer, which means that I have to get new blades. The guys at Hockey Monkey showed me the general fit of the Tacks skates,

and they seem to be like the Supremes.

Anybody from Hockey Monkey: Could you please respond?

Thanks much

Christian

One.9 for sure if you can get your size

I have yet to skate on Tacks, so I can't say if I like them more or less than my current MX3

But comparing a top model skate to a lesser skate, the odds are obviously in favor of the One.9

Thanks a lot! I really wanted to get the Tacks skate (the top of the line one), but my budget doesn't allow that.

I was thinking One.9 all the way, and I'm going to Hockey Monkey tomorrow to buy a pair.

Wore a demo pair today for a bit. Impressed with the build quality. I was surprised they actually seemed to fit my low volume feet pretty well. The sharpening was horrible so it was difficult to really put them through their paces, but my initial impression is very favorable. Fit profile felt somewhat comparable to my APX's. Curious how much better they would feel with a bake.