Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Howdy,

On 3/15/2016 at 10:20 AM, JR Boucicaut said:

Be careful for what you wish for.

Really floating the idea of Pittsburgh for a potential SJ site - at the new facility in Cranberry for the Penguins.

That's about 45 minutes away from me.  Been to the facility a couple times.  Seems REALLY nice, but I haven't actually skated / played there.

Pittsburgh is a pretty serious hockey town.  Lots and lots of rinks / programs from small single sheet rinks to many sheet complexes like the Lemieux center.

Mark

getting back on topic i know you said you are working on a new skate and will have more info first week of april. is it going to be a replacement to the current skate or an addition to your current lineup?

13 hours ago, pandada said:

getting back on topic i know you said you are working on a new skate and will have more info first week of april. is it going to be a replacement to the current skate or an addition to your current lineup?

It will be in addition to the current skate. We're working on a new Vortex skate that would be available at the same time. 

1 hour ago, phantomowner27 said:

It will be in addition to the current skate. We're working on a new Vortex skate that would be available at the same time. 

any MSH group discount to try out the skates on the cheaper ;) you have my attention with the one piece boot and stiffness but dont know how well the build quality is and there are like no reviews on the skate that is the only thing holding me from pulling the trigger on them. Also how does the current vortex ice skate fit in terms of bauer lines i know you said earlier its fits like a nexus but is that with the tongue on the second button or the first. and speaking of the tongue is it just one button and velcro that keep the tongue attach? does it hold up to sticks and pucks hitting the tongue area

15 hours ago, pandada said:

any MSH group discount to try out the skates on the cheaper ;) you have my attention with the one piece boot and stiffness but dont know how well the build quality is and there are like no reviews on the skate that is the only thing holding me from pulling the trigger on them. Also how does the current vortex ice skate fit in terms of bauer lines i know you said earlier its fits like a nexus but is that with the tongue on the second button or the first. and speaking of the tongue is it just one button and velcro that keep the tongue attach? does it hold up to sticks and pucks hitting the tongue area

It's really hard to say as every personal preference is different. The fit is not exactly like a Nexus but that's the most comparable fit for that brand. 

The tongue removes excess space in the toe cap if you move it to the lowest position. The highest position allows for optimal flop :) 

The tongue is connected via one button and velcro. We've only had one issue with a button breaking. if that happens we would immediately fix or replace the skate. 

Hope that helps. I'll be heading to Asia soon for a few weeks but while I'm gone Corby is going to respond to questions.  

On March 17, 2016 at 6:49 PM, phantomowner27 said:

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Vortex skate since the last update here? I'm intrigued about the inline version but when I emailed customer service over the weekend I was informed that the white trimmed boot isn't available (yet) in senior sizes. Was also told the weight on the skates is 3.5 lbs per pair, is this accurate? 

Also, any update on the custom skate program?  The stock skates sound like they're too wide for me. Thanks.

Edited by dtodd380

I have a set of the Verbero Vortex pro boots with CCM 4.0+ holders, they are actually really solid, very stiff boot so you get better energy transfer and its apparent right away, I do sit a little further back on my heels though with these skates. Other than that I wish these guys would make these skates in E or EE widths because I get a bit of pressure on my navicular bone just on my left skate, so it looks like I'll have to get the skate punched out a bit. Other than that, i think it's a great skate and these guys really have some potential.

Have been thinking of trying this boot out when it gets released, as I understand the newer design will be a deeper boot. My biggest worry is that its not going to be deep enough, and without a EE option then it definitely wont work

I purchased a pair, but had to return them due to the depth issue. Build quality looked really good, but they were also very wide for a D width (which didn't bother me, as I am in a EE anyways) I'm looking forward to them coming out with a boot that is at least closer to a Supreme style fit and giving them another shot.

1 hour ago, JunkyardAthletic said:

13507071_1196338100377743_39043651242048Had this in my booth at the PHATS-SPHEM show 2 weeks ago...

Sharp looking boot. Any Idea the material that the brown part of the upper is?

So any update on this new skate from verbero or the vortex as far as anyone skating in them. I saw a pic on there fb of the cypress and it looks amazing any word on a release date 

On 7/12/2016 at 3:45 AM, Stewie said:

Sharp looking boot. Any Idea the material that the brown part of the upper is?

It's browntonium.  :)

I'm intrigued by these and the price to be able to use on online but I have extremely wide feet. What do the fit of these compare to? I'm looking to find out a width comparison. Did message verbero but got nothing back! Cheers

When I tried on a teammates pair the heel and forefoot felt similar in width to a Nexus, but the depth was closer to a Vapor or Mako. They should be able to accommodate a wide forefoot, but also have wide heels.

Thanks for the reply! I'm currently in converted Rbz's so would just get the boot but I'm a EE fit and a big one at that across the forefoot. How do they mould?

Hey guys, sorry for the delay on updates. We're making big strides on our Cypress skate line that will be coming out in 2017.

As for the custom skates, the volume has also been improved and we're hoping they'll be available very soon, maybe in the next few weeks, fingers crossed. The skates will have a number of custom options available. 

15 hours ago, phantomowner27 said:

Hey guys, sorry for the delay on updates. We're making big strides on our Cypress skate line that will be coming out in 2017.

As for the custom skates, the volume has also been improved and we're hoping they'll be available very soon, maybe in the next few weeks, fingers crossed. The skates will have a number of custom options available. 

im assuming there will be an inline version as well? if not will you be selling these as boot only so that a chassis could be mounted on, like you did with the previous model? very interested in the product, it looks like you guys have some exciting releases ahead.

Hi Stewie, you are correct in that the Vortex 2 custom will be boot only and can be used for ice or inline. 

Skinni, the current skates are naturally wide fitting but can expand (or contract) for a wider or more narrow fit when heat molded in any skate oven. Please PM me if you have more questions regarding fit. 

Edited by phantomowner27

1 hour ago, phantomowner27 said:

Hi Stewie, you are correct in that the Vortex 2 custom will be boot only and can be used for ice or inline. 

Skinni, the current skates are naturally wide fitting but can expand (or contract) for a wider or more narrow fit when heat molded in any skate oven. Please PM me if you have more questions regarding fit. 

sorry i think there was some confusion here. I was wondering if the Cypress skate will be available for both ice and inline. didnt even know about a vortex2 but thats cool as well.

Hi Phantom,

What kind of price are the Cypress skates going to retail at? Trying to hold off biting the bullet and getting new skates as my current Bauers are falling apart after one season. These skates look incredible!!

• Like 1