Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

How do you like your Tacki-macs? Do they slide off your stick easily? Do you notice a significant difference in the wear and tear your mitts sustain as opposed to traditional tape?

Just got the tacki-macs put on and only stick handled a couple of times with a golf ball, so not much use as of yet, I used the adesive they give you with the grips. They do not move and I don't see how they can or will wear your glove down. I read about the glue in the tape is what breaks down your mitts, I could be wrong and thats why I got these grips.

Edited by ligcmp

Just got the tacki-macs put on and only stick handled a couple of times with a golf ball, so not much use as of yet, I used the adesive they give you with the grips. They do not move and I don't see how they can or will wear your glove down. I read about the glue in the tape is what breaks down your mitts, I could be wrong and thats why I got these grips.

Thinking about giving them a try. Thanks for the help.

You realize how hard to find that colorway is, right? Blacking out gloves like that is a shame.

I know, but one of the letters were blacked out when I received them from the seller. I managed to remove some of the ink already to see if I could get them light again, but I'm going to finish the job with black India Ink.

eagleblack.jpg

Edited by Citixen

I know, but one of the letters were blacked out when I received them from the seller. I managed to remove some of the ink already to see if I could get them light again, but I'm going to finish the job with black India Ink.

still would of left them

eagleblack.jpg

I would leave them as is, trust me they will always look much better, if anything I'd be colour matching fabric marker and redo the blue.

How do you like the eq50 protective stuff? Are the shoulders relatively low profile (like the st16) because they look big in the catalog. And what are the elbows comparable to? I had the s19s, but thought the elbow cap was ridiculously huge and it had that weird bump at the joint. And what's the difference, if you know, between the eq50 elbow and the eqPro elbow?

Thanks! And nice stuff!

Shoulder are similar to the ST16s, so are the elbows. There are a few difference in both of them, but they aren't huge differeces. The elbow cap is large, but it is a pro level pad. Don't know anything about the EQpro series!

How do you like the eq50 protective stuff? Are the shoulders relatively low profile (like the st16) because they look big in the catalog. And what are the elbows comparable to? I had the s19s, but thought the elbow cap was ridiculously huge and it had that weird bump at the joint. And what's the difference, if you know, between the eq50 elbow and the eqPro elbow?

Thanks! And nice stuff!

I think the bump on the joints are there on purpose..perhaps a little untraditonal but meh. And besides from the coloway(which is obvious), I think there`s just a difference in the type of padding. Like if I remember the Eq50 has kinda like foam in a hex-ish or octagon shape. Whereas the EpPro may have something different. Also the strapping system might be different as well. I remember the EpPro being more of a wraparound concept..I may be completely off though. I`ve been isolated from hockey and actual gear for about a month(I`m on a trip in the Philippines) and haven`t seen any gear in person since god knows when.

Niiice gloves, especially the Thrashers ones

why all the love for the ATL. Thrashers gloves?! They're ugly colour combos, a bad team and they don't match any other hockey uniform. What's the point? Gross.

Edited by Citixen

Scotty, you are such a glove whore! And don't be fooled, that previous statement had no hints of jealousy. Okay, maybe a little....

Also, I thought you sold those royal/navy Eagles...

Edited by ggreen

Scotty, you are such a glove whore! And don't be fooled, that previous statement had no hints of jealousy. Okay, maybe a little....

Also, I thought you sold those royal/navy Eagles...

Haha, I sold that pair to casey, but I found a similar pair and couldn't resist, I love the older eagle palms, so soft.

I'm getting pretty bad about gloves, so I'm selling Timmy a pair this week too so I can consolidate a bit. I'm not making it onto the ice nearly as much as I was so I got share the wealth a bit instead of hording a bunch of gloves.

Edited by uclahockey707

ealge2.jpg

You realize how hard to find that colorway is, right? Blacking out gloves like that is a shame.

I know, but one of the letters were blacked out when I received them from the seller. I managed to remove some of the permanent ink already to see if I could get them light again, but I'm going to finish the job with black India Ink.

eagleblack.jpg

Even darker BEFORE:

screenshot20110406at125.png

Salvaged! :) I managed to remove all the permanent ink.

eaglesj.jpg

Edited by Citixen