Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Those sturm gloves are made the same as mine sturm winter classics. Big gussets indeed!!

Does your pair have silver shield lining? Mine don't. Assuming it's just Warrior's standard black lining that Sturm requested for whatever reason.

I noticed the fingers in my Sturm Reeboks are pretty long. Same thing with you guys?

Yup. Fingers are definitely long.

I noticed the fingers in my Sturm Reeboks are pretty long. Same thing with you guys?

Yeah. I notice the tall guessets more when wearing them though

Does your pair have silver shield lining? Mine don't. Assuming it's just Warrior's standard black lining that Sturm requested for whatever reason.

Yup. Fingers are definitely long.

yeah I have the silver shield

Finally got my Kovalchuk curve stick from Kynetyk Hockey, I was searching all over for a good toe curve in a left handed version, and didnt really like Hossa's for some reason, so I found that Kynetyk was making left and right handed versions of Kovalchuk's curve, which is the curve I really wanted. The curve on this stick is awesome! I havent used it yet, I literally just got it and snapped a few pictures. It's an 87 flex.

DSCF2735.jpg

DSCF2734.jpg

DSCF2737.jpg

DSCF2738.jpg

Edited by Sidorov96

Finally got my Kovalchuk curve stick from Kynetyk Hockey, I was searching all over for a good toe curve in a left handed version, and didnt really like Hossa's for some reason, so I found that Kynetyk was making left and right handed versions of Kovalchuk's curve, which is the curve I really wanted. The curve on this stick is awesome! I havent used it yet, I literally just got it and snapped a few pictures. It's an 87 flex.

Beauty of a curve, but looks odd at the same time, why didn't you like Hossa's curve?

Regarding the tall gussets...I'm a huge fan of that.

I had a pair of Marcel Hossa Mission L7's from his time with the Yotes, and he had tall digital gussets. Just an unbelievably functional - and awesome feeling - glove. The reason (some) players do that is extra mobility. It obviously gives your fingers a better range of motion. Conversely, I had a pair of Vrbata PPFs that the gussets felt like they were 1/4 inch tall and it made the gloves/fingers ridiculously stiff. Super uncomfortable glove. The gusset height is a small detail that goes unnoticed that can lend itself to additional glove functionality.

I had a pair of Marcel Hossa Mission L7's from his time with the Yotes, and he had tall digital gussets. Just an unbelievably functional - and awesome feeling - glove. The reason (some) players do that is extra mobility. It obviously gives your fingers a better range of motion. Conversely, I had a pair of Vrbata PPFs that the gussets felt like they were 1/4 inch tall and it made the gloves/fingers ridiculously stiff. Super uncomfortable glove. The gusset height is a small detail that goes unnoticed that can lend itself to additional glove functionality.

You know to much about gloves halfmoon, you need some help buddy! HaHa You are definatly the go too guy for glove info!

Thanks for the feedback/insight.

So far I would tend to agree. I've only used them once, but the overall mobility of the gloves was incredible. Only potential downside is that my index finger on my right (lower) hand seemed to actually land on the gusset rather than the palm itself when gripping my stick during play. Not exactly a problem per se, but something I noticed right away.

All that being said, it is a small detail that I hadn't given much, if any, consideration to in the past.

no, volume inside of the glove is the difference. You won't find gussets as big as sturms on any retail glove

if I feet decently in every other brand of gloves, should I just option the standard over narrow?

dumb question but when Warrior offers Narrow and Standard gloves, is that regarding the gusset size? I just don't want to buy the wrong ones

The narrows are 1/4" less in width across the backhand than the normal ones. If I remember it's 4 1/4" and 4 1/2" if you measure across the rolls but I don't have the gloves in front of me now to check with absolute certainty.

if I feet decently in every other brand of gloves, should I just option the standard over narrow?

If you like a loose fit then standard is a safe bet.

Red, White and Navy Franchises bought off of Ebay:

IMG_0571.jpg

slightly different than the gloves that were pictured. not a big enough deal to complain about but I dropped the seller a note to let him know that he shouldn't do that.

Are the gloves in your pic the ones recieved?

yes. the gloves in the auction pic were the same except that the "Warrior" on the cuff was white with blue outline. mine is (obviously) blue with white outline.

Edited by shoeshine boy

Got my Warrior Bully gloves, tacki mac grips, and total one blade. One has a 95 blade the other has the total one. I also sprayed the one95 shafts with plasti dip in the clear spray.

IMG_2972.jpg

Edited by ligcmp

Beauty of a curve, but looks odd at the same time, why didn't you like Hossa's curve?

i dont know for him but i kinda like the hossa but at the same time the played is very short and skinny, it took me a couple of game to get used to it, but i also ordered that kynetyk kovalchuk, cant wait to try it out!

I dunno i just find the main part of the blade too straight, and then just a sudden curve at the toe. I dont like that, I cant say I've used one to say i truely dont like the way it performs, but just from a visual inspection I dont like it.

Got my Warrior Bully gloves, tacki mac grips, and total one blade. One has a 95 blade the other has the total one. I also sprayed the one95 shafts with plasti dip in the clear spray.

IMG_2972.jpg

How does the plasti dip hold up btw? And how is the grip? is it more like the stickum, or like the old easton matt finish grip? or neither?

How does the plasti dip hold up btw? And how is the grip? is it more like the stickum, or like the old easton matt finish grip? or neither?

Finished it a couple days ago and haven't used it on the ice yet, this coming week I will be though. I have been doing some golf ball stick handling though and it feels good. It is not like stickum and I never used the easton matt. I have a harrow matt and its similar but I feel it provides more grip. I have not problems sliding my glove around. It looks to be holding up but I haven't use it a lot. There seems to be some material flaking off which is very minor. The top stick between the Bauer and the grip is a slight peel which happened when putting the grip on the wet top part of the shaft.

How do you like your Tacki-macs? Do they slide off your stick easily? Do you notice a significant difference in the wear and tear your mitts sustain as opposed to traditional tape?

Edited by FedorovFreak