Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

How do you like the MLX skates?

I haven't baked them yet... I'll tell you as soon as i get access to an oven going below 275 (which mine doesn't)...

kind of sad...

New gear I got while in Raleigh, NC

CCM Tacks Goalie skates (for the Mrs., killer deal and fit her perfectly)

CCM Tacks Shins, I need to fix the straps a bit first

Bauer 4500 Pro Stock Helmet with Pro Wave Visor

Nike Bauer 4 Roll Pro Stock Blackhawks gloves, amazing set of gloves

Bauer Total One Shaft (Oswego University) with P14 blade

Staal draw string bag and two hats (got at local Dick's Sporting goods on sale)

Where'd you get this haul in Raleigh?

I haven't baked them yet... I'll tell you as soon as i get access to an oven going below 275 (which mine doesn't)...

kind of sad...

Soon enough I hope. I'm looking for new skates as my One95's are on their last legs.

It makes perfect sense. People's foot shapes are different. The reason shoe size and skate size have no correlation is because the fit of the two on each individual foot can vary quite a bit. Sneakers don't need to fit your foot snug all the way around, just stay in place moderately well. Skates on the other hand need to have the least amount of negative space as possible to get the most out of them. Hence the difference in sizes. It's not a bad base, but there's nothing that can replace trying things on.

You have to figure "most" people fit their shoes at least 1/2 size big or more because thats how they were tought their whole life. You know the whole finger in front of the toes thing, right? Well subtract that 1/2 - 1 whole size from you shoe size and thats you actual foot size. In Skate fitting i like to go up 1/2 size for growth in a growing player, which is about a snug finger's width(top-bottom) in skates. if its a thumb width(like mom always checked for in your shoes) then it may actually be more like 1 size bigger in shoes. For instance I wear a 91/2 shoe and a 7 CCM Skate. Sure it looks like 2 1/2 sizes now BUT take away that 1/2 size then boom 2 sizes down and i like a tight skate.

Edited by LivHockey84

Soon enough I hope. I'm looking for new skates as my One95's are on their last legs.

I understand, I'll let you know how they are turning out, but there are more than a few guys in the msh community that have tried them with great results... hockeyus.com community too

I just got this off eBay, and was curious as to what you all think it is before I start officially "showing it off" haha. It's probably hard to tell just from the pic, but to me, it seems to be a tapered Widow blade.

photobucket-5618-1320361037375.jpg

What curve is it? A true Kovalev?

hey,

just got a little present from a friend who is Pro Player :-)

img1198eg.th.jpg

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.