Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
dsjunior1388

VH Footwear/TRUE by Scott Van Horne

Flip, no wonder I like these VHs. They are almost identical to my G35s from a side view. Here are two pics, one where the VH is behind the G35, then both back to back. Get on my VHs tonight for my first game in them...excited.

ady4egu2.jpg

mehyjuhu.jpg

• Like 1

Flip, no wonder I like these VHs. They are almost identical to my G35s from a side view. Here are two pics, one where the VH is behind the G35, then both back to back. Get on my VHs tonight for my first game in them...excited.

SydNap, thanks for those views. That answers some questions I've had for a while. Plus, I love the back to back shot, which shows the more aggressive heel angle of the VH. That was one thing I loved about my 705's, so this is good news :smile:

FcsotnM.jpg

Drumroll......

20131105_131444_RichtoneHDR_zps433311db.

Finally showed up! Baked and done. Fantastic fit, fantastic product, I'm more than happy with this purchase! I'll snap more pics later I gotta get back to work lol!

These have to be the sickest looking skates i've seen since the mega air 90s. Why must the Makos be so ugly? VH knocked it out of the park with the look.

These have to be the sickest looking skates i've seen since the mega air 90s. Why must the Makos be so ugly? VH knocked it out of the park with the look.

I agree. They remind me of the Air 90's (as did the MLX) and old Graf with their embossed decals on simple black boots.

In my opinion it's the VH's that look like crap. Ugly, too big chrome logo and the unfinished appearance just give them a cheap look.

To each, his or her own. I like the logo a lot. It makes more sense for speed skating, but the oval also applies pretty well to a hockey. I like the bling, but it's also understated. I don't like the graphics packages used by Bauer and the rest of the industry, but I can see why that's a popular way to go, especially given the aesthetic that will maximize common appeal for the audience. If I understand what you mean by unfinished, they are handmade, so construction details can be a bit more noticeable, as would be expected; though again, that's not for everyone to like or accept. I still think the bling is just the right measure, and makes me think more of Chanel than cheap, whereas Bauer and the rest all look silly and intentionally unresolved.

In my opinion it's the VH's that look like crap. Ugly, too big chrome logo and the unfinished appearance just give them a cheap look.

I have 2 pairs. In what sense do they look "cheap"? Is it the polished carbon fiber, the clean cut synthetic leather, or the Vh logo? I have had quite a few pairs of skates including CCM CL Easton Mako Bauer Apx Apx2 Nxg and the VH are very very well built. Your making your judgement off of a picture. IMO I'm glad to see skates that are cleaner (more simple) I.e. the VH skates and the Nexus skate lines.

I never said they are poorly made, in fact I have no doubt they are great skates. If I lived in North America I might even consider getting a pair myself.

Anyway, IMHO they just don't look good; maybe if the leather strips were thinner they might be more aesthetically pleasing. Actually, they almost have some 1970's sci-fi vibe going on.

• Like 1

I switched from my Graf G35s to my VHs and hardly anyone noticed. I went with an all black "cleaner" look, but I don't think "cheap" of "sci fi" describes they way they look at all..

u8a4ase4.jpg

• Like 1

I switched from my Graf G35s to my VHs and hardly anyone noticed. I went with an all black "cleaner" look, but I don't think "cheap" of "sci fi" describes they way they look at all..u8a4ase4.jpg

Good looking boot!!!

I switched from my Graf G35s to my VHs and hardly anyone noticed. I went with an all black "cleaner" look, but I don't think "cheap" of "sci fi" describes they way they look at all..

What's happened with leather area around pinky toe?

Is it non-stitched peace of leather?

Yeah, it was either due to my request for the Graf holder or maybe I was overzealous with baking but the glue there came loose. I didn't notice until after a few skates. I used some loctite glue and just put it back together. It was a 3 minute fix...

I have a feeling it's going to change more frequently now, with at least one non-Jet wearing them.

Panthers

Kulikov

Jets

Byfuglien

Ladd

Scheifele

Wheeler

Stuart

Clitsome

Trouba

Retired/Agent

Larionov

I have a feeling it's going to change more frequently now, with at least one non-Jet wearing them.

Panthers

Kulikov

Jets

Byfuglien

Ladd

Scheifele

Wheeler

Stuart

Clitsome

Trouba

Retired/Agent

Larionov

Igor Larionov is an agent for VH Footwear?

No, sorry, he's a player agent. I don't know of a full list of whom he represents, but I've seen him cited as the agent for Yakupov and Galchenyuk.60f4a687d1c9d11ab0a81b46b0cf43af.jpg

Guys

How long it usually takes to reach parcel from Winnipeg to Pittsburgh?

The holidays and snow storms have delayed everything. I have been waiting for a pair of gloves for over 2 weeks coming from Canada.

Edited by GiancarloSFL