Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
marka

Verbero is back

Howdy,

Got email today announcing that Verbero was back.  Apparently now owned by Andy Sutton?

Anyone know anything about the new version of them?

The email was pushing 350g sticks at 50% off the $300 retail price...

https://www.verbero.com/collections/sticks/products/mercury-v350-composite-stick-leftt-hand?variant=31922578358344

Mark

See the QuikBlade holder/runner setup on their "coming soon" skate.  Wonder if Wally Tatomir is directly or indirectly involved with the new Verbero management team?

The email has a promo code, V350, that gives you 50% off.

I think Andy Sutton might be a part owner, but suspect Chris Malki, who owns Hockeytron, is still very much involved as he shared the Verbero stick announcement on Facebook. 

I do hope they produce the Verbero Shield shoulder pads again so I can grab a backup pair at some point. I love mine and they're in great condition, but don't want to be forced to go back to a traditional pad anytime soon. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

So no more association with HockeyTron? That’s a huge plus, if so.

Such hatred for a discount shop, why. Don't you go to Harbour Freight? Same thing.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SirJW said:

Such hatred for a discount shop, why. Don't you go to Harbour Freight? Same thing.

I've never been into a Harbour Freight. And long story, but the owner threatening to find you and kick your ass will do that to you 🤡

Plus the hilarious "pro level" claims on all the junk from aliexpress they slap their logo onto. And the general low quality of everything they make (their socks and bags especially). There's an entire thread on this site about them. They're no different from all the other junk cheap stick companies you see pop up, for the most part. 

But this thread is about Verbero, which is why I was hoping they were no longer associated. 

• Like 1

For some reason I don't see me buying something from Verbero, using it once for some project I am working on then returning it like I do at Harbor Freight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, IPv6Freely said:

I've never been into a Harbour Freight. And long story, but the owner threatening to find you and kick your ass will do that to you 🤡

Plus the hilarious "pro level" claims on all the junk from aliexpress they slap their logo onto. And the general low quality of everything they make (their socks and bags especially). There's an entire thread on this site about them. They're no different from all the other junk cheap stick companies you see pop up, for the most part. 

But this thread is about Verbero, which is why I was hoping they were no longer associated. 

Harbor Freight is a hardware store with mostly "Made in China" products.

I shop there to get cheap tools once in awhile. It's not junk, but it's not "long-term lasts forever" stuff either. Cheap paint brushes if you are working on a painting job that isn't for something elegant, like an outdoor fence. 

• Like 1

As far as I can tell by cross referencing, both Tron and Verbero currently have the same business address.

Take that for what you will. I have no horse in the race. I feel like we've been down this road before though.

If you haven't already listened, there is a good interview with Andy Sutton on the '31 thoughts' Podcast hosted by Jeff Marek & Elliotte Friedman.

You can find it on your usual podcast service, look for the 'How to Create an NHL Bubble' episode, and scrub through to 1:20:20

Direct link to episode: https://podcast.sportsnet.ca/31-thoughts/how-to-best-set-up-an-nhl-bubble/

Andy outlines how he acquired Verbero, the direction he wants to take it, some of the custom offerings and IPs they want to go after, and some of the people now involved in the product R&D.