Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
birky

Warrior Novium sticks

On 9/16/2022 at 7:33 AM, birky said:

Warrior has announced a new stick line, "Novium". Sorta hoping it's a new mid-kick line since I absolutely loved the Dynasty sticks. Just curious if anyone here has more details about it.

I posted about this already if you search.

• The unique Bevel Taper is designed to be stiffer through the paper which provides increased control and improved velocity on shots.
  • Weight: 63"=415g
  • Bevel Taper
  • Minimus Carbon UD
  • Fuelcore Blade w/ Minimus Carbon 6
  • R.L.C. 133
  • New Sr Flexes

More info here too:

https://www.sourceforsports.ca/products/warrior-novium-pro-senior-hockey-stick-75-flex-2022 

Edited by PBH

18 hours ago, start_today said:

They use all those made up meaningless words in the marketing materials, but never mention what the kickpoint is. 

Mid kick. I could share out the Warrior marketing info but then I would get my hand slapped. 😉 

On 9/18/2022 at 1:30 PM, PBH said:

I posted about this already if you search.

• The unique Bevel Taper is designed to be stiffer through the paper which provides increased control and improved velocity on shots.
  • Weight: 63"=415g
  • Bevel Taper
  • Minimus Carbon UD
  • Fuelcore Blade w/ Minimus Carbon 6
  • R.L.C. 133
  • New Sr Flexes

More info here too:

https://www.sourceforsports.ca/products/warrior-novium-pro-senior-hockey-stick-75-flex-2022 

I appreciate the response. In my defense, I did do a search and also found the source for sports listing, but was just wondering if anyone had additional information about them, especially the kick point and perhaps the anticipated release date. Apologies if this post is redundant.

56 minutes ago, birky said:

I appreciate the response. In my defense, I did do a search and also found the source for sports listing, but was just wondering if anyone had additional information about them, especially the kick point and perhaps the anticipated release date. Apologies if this post is redundant.

2022-09-19-11-33-20.png

• Thanks 1

iirc warrior killed the dynasty line because focus groups and pros were moving away from slapshots and wanted a versatile stick with a quick release, which a true mid-kick couldn't provide.

warrior is like ea sports....

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, 218hockey said:

415 or 360 grams?

63"? I thought standard senior stick length is 65"? Don't tell me Warrior measures differently.

Standard is 60 or at least used to be. But honestly all companies are different now, ccm is much longer than Bauer. And yes they are also measured differently. 

4 minutes ago, Sniper9 said:

Standard is 60 or at least used to be. But honestly all companies are different now, ccm is much longer than Bauer. And yes they are also measured differently. 

Oh right. 65" would be an overall length. 60" from the heel. That's kind of hard to measure but that's what they use I guess.

So what is the 63"? I just wish they'd say standard senior length.

2 hours ago, 218hockey said:

So what is the 63"? I just wish they'd say standard senior length.

Perhaps you're thinking about the NHL rule that states that 63" is the max allowable length of a stick from heel to butt-end. 65" is the absolute max length for players 6'6 and taller if they apply for an exemption.

11 hours ago, 218hockey said:

415 or 360 grams?

63"? I thought standard senior stick length is 65"? Don't tell me Warrior measures differently.

The Novium Pro model looks to be 360g. I think the previous post showing 415g is likely a lower model - maybe the 2nd price point…

10 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Wait until some company produces a 200g stick, but it’s measured at floor hockey height. 

12 hours ago, Sniper9 said:

Bauer raised the Sync to be the same height as CCM is.

4 hours ago, lennyboi said:

The Novium Pro model looks to be 360g. I think the previous post showing 415g is likely a lower model - maybe the 2nd price point…

In a couple weeks youll know for sure 😉