Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just wanted to confirm that the superfeet guarantee includes worn insoles? Picked up a pair at pure hockey's tent sale and wanted to make sure I can get a refund/credit if they don't work out after a few skates.

I can't speak for them as I don't work for them, but you should be able to return it to point of purchase and they will give you your money back. That's how I handle it in my store.

I suppose if they give you any static you'll have to contact SF.

Ok thanks for the feedback. Just trimmed them and put them in. Figure I'll go to a morning stick and puck tomorrow to try em out before going using them in a game in the evening.

Also make sure, if you've never worn corrective orthotics, that you give the Superfeet a chance to correct your foot position inside your skate. This may be uncomfortable in the short term, but will greatly benefit you in the long term, as your feet get used to the new positioning. It is a 60 day guarantee, use at least 30 of those days before coming to judgement. (Unless the pain is absolutely unbearable, ofc.)

So I wasn't able to get to the stick and puck to get a feel for them before my game but I didn't think it took that much time to get used to the feel of them even after just a few mins of warm ups. My foot is very thin, normal D width near the toes but really narrows around the ankle and heel. I was originally recommended superfeet as a way to help with volume issues when I bought a new pair of skates last year (Vapor X7.0 retail) because of my foot type and passed on it. I can certainly say the heel lock and ankle stability had improved with the new insoles. I have a fairly high arch so it felt somewhat strange but I figure that was just the newness of the soles.

Been playing hockey now for around a year been dealing with excruciating feet pain since i started. I tried multiple different skates they all were painful, I always thought it was because the skates were not broken in. after a recent visit to the doctor I had a 3D foot scan done I have absolutely no arches. I am now using wide (EE) Reebok white K's and recently put in superfeet yellow insoles. I skated on the insoles for about an hour and didnt notice any difference. Anyone have any other insight? I know CCM also makes low arch insoles but most people have good luck with the superfeet yellow.

I have the been using Superset for a few years now. I have the yellows in my skates, and orange ones in my work boots. In my skates they help with the volume, and make my feet feel more stable, in my boots my heel is definitely locked in more.

Does anyone know the reasoning why it's instructed to leave room for the superfeet to move? IOW, why would they need to slide back and forth from front to back at all? I don't understand it, shouldn't it be immobile in the skate?

I'm back to trying to use them again because I know realize the benefit of having your heel stabilized and not squishing side to side on a regular footbed. And a little bit of arch support never hurt anyone. I'm also testing out again the CCM currexsole footbeds, and I think they are about the same, benefit and performance-wise. They both give more power in your push for striding and edge balance seems better too.

You're not instructed to trim the ccm footbeds so they can move, so basically wondering why the superfeet need to fit that way.

I don't get those SF directions either. If there was a real benefit to having a slightly smaller insole, wouldn't every insole be slightly smaller than the skate/shoe/boot that it fit into? I thought about calling SF, but never did.

Both me and my two kids have used the yellow SF for years in skates. We have all trimmed the SF to fit the exact size of the insole that it was replacing. Maybe that is all wrong, but I have not seen any negative issues.

Sitting here watching the Pens about to score the go ahead goal.

So I did trim the Superfeet as directed and they move fore and aft, about an 1/8th of an inch, as directed. But, that's when you manually try to slide it front to back with your fingers even before putting on the skate. So I was like wow that's ridic, why would I want my foot to move. But, when skating I honestly didn't notice them moving.

So here's what I think the reason is they to you to trim it a hair smaller - when you put your foot in the skate it may flex the plastic support down a bit, thereby actually lengthening it a bit to the end of the skate. And from there it doesn't move. It's immobile at that point. So it's maybe just that initial movement they want to account for. It has to be. Why would you want movement of your foot within your skate? Seems to me like that would first and foremost destroy that holy grail we're all in search of: Heel Lock.

FWIW - the ccm footbeds feel and provide no discernable difference as far as benefits. They may actually feel better to me, of course that's personal preference. They're definitely a bit more robust all around, and just feel like not only do they provide heel support like superfeet do, but there's something to the mid and forefoot.

Sitting here watching the Pens about to score the go ahead goal.

So I did trim the Superfeet as directed and they move fore and aft, about an 1/8th of an inch, as directed. But, that's when you manually try to slide it front to back with your fingers even before putting on the skate. So I was like wow that's ridic, why would I want my foot to move. But, when skating I honestly didn't notice them moving.

So here's what I think the reason is they to you to trim it a hair smaller - when you put your foot in the skate it may flex the plastic support down a bit, thereby actually lengthening it a bit to the end of the skate. And from there it doesn't move. It's immobile at that point. So it's maybe just that initial movement they want to account for. It has to be. Why would you want movement of your foot within your skate? Seems to me like that would first and foremost destroy that holy grail we're all in search of: Heel Lock.

FWIW - the ccm footbeds feel and provide no discernable difference as far as benefits. They may actually feel better to me, of course that's personal preference. They're definitely a bit more robust all around, and just feel like not only do they provide heel support like superfeet do, but there's something to the mid and forefoot.

That makes sense i also have a tiny amount of movement in mine even less than an 1/8 but its there but when I'm laced up and skating heel is definitely locked, foot never moves. how did you like that pens game by the way?

Has anyone found an alternative to Superfeet? Meaning a footbed that does the same heel alignment, but doesn't raise the heel? Would have to be something that has a hard, immobile section under the heel like the Superfeet.

I just can't use the Superfeet because the small amount that it raises my heel makes my ankle bone press on the inside second eyelet and it's unbearable. Same problem I had in the Mako's, though without the Superfeet.

Bauer's 'SpeedPlate'. Unfortunately it won't be released outside of the 1X skate purchase for some time.

The black or carbon superfeet models don't have the heel lift.

I bought the blacks yesterday. They do have the same heel lift. It looks like it may seem that they don't because the rise in the instep/arch area is t as high as the yellows. Not to mention the heel is much wider.

I believe it's so your foot is properly seated into the footbed, once laced and tied your skate will pull your foot and the foot bed all the way to the back and keep it there. My understanding of Superfeet is they fit your feet not your skate.

Plus they are a complete pain in the ass to get out unless there is a little play.

Anyone use these instead of yellow?

Wondering what difference is if any and noticeable differences performance-wise.

I compared them in the store and it looks to me like the heel is more elevated in the blacks. Like it's deeper, or there's more to the heel cup. Something. Can't quite tell. The plastic nubs under the heel definitely are bigger thwan the yellows.