Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chippa13

2010-2011 Gear Sightings

thats unbelievable to me. i could see ray emery asking for that, but carey price?? wow.

What did you expect? "hard work" ?

thats unbelievable to me. i could see ray emery asking for that, but carey price?? wow.

LOL, you mean this guy? Naaah.

ottj1110413141024x768.jpg

LOL, you mean this guy? Naaah.

ottj1110413141024x768.jpg

That's how Kovalev rolls out too. Full equipment minus skates when he drives to the rink in the offseason.

What did you expect? "hard work" ?

i could come up with a million things before KRUNK JUICE. dude grew up in williams lake, not LA.

cliff ronning and kirk mclean used to do that back in the day, too.

i could come up with a million things before KRUNK JUICE. dude grew up in williams lake, not LA.

cliff ronning and kirk mclean used to do that back in the day, too.

Some guys try way too hard and aren't comfortable with who they really are.

That's how Kovalev rolls out too. Full equipment minus skates when he drives to the rink in the offseason.

I was pretty sure everyone did because there weren't facilities to change at the practice rink.

There are rooms at the sensplex, it is a 4 sheet rink, it is also only about a mile from the Sens rink, you would think the equipment guys would take care of their equipment for them.

I was pretty sure everyone did because there weren't facilities to change at the practice rink.

Years ago I saw one of JRs blades with 2 eyes drawn on it. I thought that was pretty cool, so I wrote "FAH-Q" on my tape because I saw that on one of the paddles in Dazed and Confused. Some A-hole on another team I was playing against called me cocky and proceeded to chase me around the rink the whole game and hit me every chance he got. My personalization wasn't worth it - I took it off next game.

There is a dressing room. It's at a private rink in CT

There is a dressing room. It's at a private rink in CT

Odd, doesn't make sense that all Pens and Sens players would show up to the rink in near full gear, during their playoff series in '08.

There are rooms at the sensplex, it is a 4 sheet rink, it is also only about a mile from the Sens rink, you would think the equipment guys would take care of their equipment for them.

If it's that close they may just prefer using their own dressing room and locker room. They probably have other things going on during practice days in the weight and training rooms, may just be easier that way.

Occasionally if there isn't enough time to shuttle the gear back and forth the Lightning will dress at the Forum (downtown) and bus over to the practice rink (Brandon, about a 20 minute trip). This is usually because a concert or something like that isn't done loading out or the conversion is running late. It may be the same in Ottawa.

If it's that close they may just prefer using their own dressing room and locker room. They probably have other things going on during practice days in the weight and training rooms, may just be easier that way.

Occasionally if there isn't enough time to shuttle the gear back and forth the Lightning will dress at the Forum (downtown) and bus over to the practice rink (Brandon, about a 20 minute trip). This is usually because a concert or something like that isn't done loading out or the conversion is running late. It may be the same in Ottawa.

Penguins will do the exact same thing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pro-Stock-Retro-LA-Kings-Reebok-Edge-Hockey-Socks-Large_W0QQitemZ230468496471QQcategoryZ165933QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m8QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DMW%26its%3DC%26itu%3DUCC%26otn%3D5%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6889871732696866126

Thought these were interesting...

Odd, doesn't make sense that all Pens and Sens players would show up to the rink in near full gear, during their playoff series in '08.

That could have been the case too, but I was talking about a private rink up in CT where there's a locker room/showers. A bunch of guys skate up there in the off-season. Kovalev is the only one that shows up in full gear.

It takes a good while for them to setup the locker rooms at ISF. I had my stuff in the big locker room and noticed them working for about an hour, they only had sticks and some protective carted in... it was a lot of stuff.

April 2011 I assume, that would be the 2 year mark for the X60 skates, and stick would be october 2011. The X60 stick came out October 09 right?

the new vapor line should come out in april 2011.i think bauer has almost finalized the product because there is actually someone at my lhs who had the chance to go to the bauer factory or headquarters and had a custom fitted skate for him in the new vapor skate,only 5 others where there, all got custom fitted skates.