Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rausch27

Dip/Chew

Yeah, i know a lot of cops chew too. I guess when you spend all that time in the car either on patrol, camping out at a speed trap or at roadside construction there's not much else to do to pass time. I never knew about EMS/fire though but I guess it makes sense

Yeah, i know a lot of cops chew too. I guess when you spend all that time in the car either on patrol, camping out at a speed trap or at roadside construction there's not much else to do to pass time. I never knew about EMS/fire though but I guess it makes sense

My father has been trying unsuccessfully for years now to quit. He had for about a year but stress/divorce, ect. lead him to pick it back up. He cut it out cold turkey and used a combination of sunflower seeds and this to quit and it worked for about a year like i said. good luck. Maybe look into snus as that probably won't help you quit tobacco products in general, but is a less harsh alternative to dip.

Okay I know this thread is for dippers which I am but I was wondering if i could some tips on how to quit. Like what are some things you've done to try to kick the habit besides just quiting completely?

After almost a decade of dipping almost two cans a day, I used Commit Lozenges and Sunflower seeds. Its not easy at all. Its been almost 5 years since I quit and I still think about it all of the time.

so i ordered some snus (general ekstra sterk loose, havent tried it yet) and got a can of skoal citrus to make a 'mojito' blend. turns out the citrus blend is just gross and the combo isnt mojitoey at all.

I'm officially 1 month tobacco-free. Decided to cut it out cold-turkey, and so I did. Have had a couple of cravings, and have been around the stuff, but have resisted.

I did sunflower seeds the first three days, which really helped (especially since I was snus-exclusive for 4 years, and it's salty). But now, I don't really want it unless I think about it. Luckily for me, I can't just go into a local store and get what I like.

congrats jr, i know how tough that is.

im snus-exclusive now and have been since october. my gums are happy about it.

hopefully it'll be a bit easier than going off of dip, when i do decide to quit.

I chewed copenhagen for 15 yrs. I tried to quit a thousand times. I finally did the math on what I was spending a month in chew and that fixed me!!!! WOW!!! 1.5-2 cans a day will add up!!

I tried the snus for a bit, and then just cut it all out cold turkey. Been 2yrs now, I still want a dip when I think about it though. Don't know if that ever goes away......

I did the same math back in 2008. I was literally spitting out thousands of dollars.

Isn't it crazy the amount of money you are spending when you sit and think about it? It's NUTS!!!!!!

I tried some snus the other day, a team mate had a tin and the syringe thin to pack it, i put it upper deck and found it enjoyable until it started falling apart. any tips on keeping it there?