Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NI44

hockey phrases

Even if he ripped off R. Lee Ermy, I used to hear "O'Riordan you backcheck like old people fuck!" more than I'd like to.

I think that derives from or is used in Full Metal Jacket, greatest movie for disrespectful lines.

quotes from FMJ

The DS in that movie is R. Lee Ermy and he improvised his lines.

Think you guys will like this one from FMJ then...

once it loads up, click on each of the quotes.... hilarious!

5"9 I didnt know they stacked shit that high!

going top titti... top cheddar. just basic stuff is pretty fun to hear.

speaking of Don Cherry... anyone else here him ripping on all Americans for saying "tape to tape passes" no offense to him, but is it so wrong to say you should make tape to tape passes? or am i alone on this one?

I know this has been said, but I heard it Monday from one of my son's teammates. It is a squirt team, and this kid, 9yrs. old, was on the bench, stands up, and yells, "You look like 10 monkeys trying to hump a football. Spread out and play your position."

I'm pretty sure the funniest one I've ever heard was "I think I just aborted your baby" some guy on another team said this to me after he decked me. Probaby the most politiaclly incorrect one as well.

I've seen a new floating around Facebook.

"Swagg".

Does that refer to a players gear as 'swag'.... Or is it more in reference to overall style and Swagg-er

[n/m]...I guess when all you do is look at pictures you tend to miss something:

swag·ger--

1. to walk or strut with a defiant or insolent air.

2. to boast or brag noisily.

3. to bring, drive, force, etc., by blustering.

4. swaggering manner, conduct, or walk; ostentatious display of arrogance and conceit.

Swag can be gear as well...

Most already listed but whenever someone on my team scores an ugly goal in front of the net we say he is "taking out the trash." This led to us calling on of my teammates "the garbage man" because he scores many trash goals.

a few more from my team that are just inside jokes basically:

"loose"

"nice and easy"

"body"

we call it taking out the trash when i guy gets levelled and needs help off the ice. either that, or if hes down injured and not getting up, ref blows the whistle, just to rub it in the guys face, we'll make a signal like we're calling over the zamboni driver to come and scrape him off the ice. lol

I've got more Grapes and Apples than a Fruit Salad...

Anyone remember those aweful cage/shield combos? I call those tings hermrapha-cages. Not a full cage and not a visor, whoever wears those definately has questions about their manhood.

"T" - short for toe pull.

For example:

Nasty backhand-t!

Ya thats an ankle breaker.

"Jets" - meaning skates

For example:

Did you see Kane's new jets?

Yeye those were filth.

"Yard Sale" is a good one. Often used when one misses a check and goes head first into the boards or just falls without anyone around him. A.K.A.= digger.

The best are the names for goals scored under the crossbar. I've heard top dog, upper dog, top cheese, top shelf, all the various cookie jar and peanut butter ones, and "donk session." ??

I like to use "penthouse."

I've always heard "Yard Sale" as a reference for when a guy gets hit and his helmet stick and/or gloves go flying.

sorry for being the dumbest person when it comes to hockey phrases... but what's chirping? that's pretty much the only thing i didn't get when reading almost the whole topic

Kid on my team wearing a cage was chirping at some guy, the guy turns around and says 'holy shit, did i leave my birdseed in my pocket again?' :lol:

'effing brilliant.

Comes from inline, but we use it in Ice as well.

When a guy has someone on him and he doesn't realise, we get him to skate faster by shouting "Wheels! Wheels!"

After hearing that "bird seed" joke/retort, I think I'm going to fill a couple of hockey bags with bird seed pretty soon. We have some guys that chirp at pick up here. Wankers.

in all honesty. has anyone heard of a guy callin a snipe a SOUP CAN???

A buddy of mine tried tellin us that it was meaning he put the puck through a space the size of a soup can, we all thought he was crazy. so i was just wondering if he did in fact try makin it up or if it ACTAULLY exists.

Comes from inline, but we use it in Ice as well.

When a guy has someone on him and he doesn't realise, we get him to skate faster by shouting "Wheels! Wheels!"

Yah I use "wheel!" a lot especially to my D-partner when he has a forechecker right on him... also as an encouragement to skate the puck into open ice/pick up speed.