Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
PH_Hockey2

The Things Customers Do

I just had a customer pick up skates they left for sharpening on Sept. 20, 2010. We had the date on our claim check.

holy balls ...... you shoulda charged them some sort of storage fee , hahaha

This morning's "Moment of the Day!" : Do you have street hockey balls? Do you have the round ones?"

Perhaps there is a market for square street hockey balls in bizarroworld.

I don't own a shop, but I hate when people abuse equipment instead of inspecting it/trying it on. I bought a brand new E700 and one of the pads is torn. It was like that when I got it home. It's not bad enough for me to bring it back, but it was sort of irritating.

This morning's "Moment of the Day!" : Do you have street hockey balls? Do you have the round ones?"

I actually just laughed out loud on the bus and everyone is staring at me, what a comment.

I absolutely LOVE the show parents put on for others when they check a skate it's been sharpened. I bet 85% of people dont even know what to look for.

Perhaps there is a market for square street hockey balls in bizarroworld.

I don't own a shop, but I hate when people abuse equipment instead of inspecting it/trying it on. I bought a brand new E700 and one of the pads is torn. It was like that when I got it home. It's not bad enough for me to bring it back, but it was sort of irritating.

Any reason why you didn't check the helmet before you bought it?

Well this takes balls: Our Pro Shop is inside the rink with all glass windows and doors. I just came back from checking out the end of a game when I saw an 8" x 11" print out on the front door of the Pro Shop. It was a print out of a page from Hockey Giant for an RBK 10K wheel bag. The person that posted the sign had ordered the bag from HG, received the wrong color, and put a "For Sale" sign on the front door to try and unload the bag!! I'm tempted to call them and make them an offer they can't refuse.

Guy came into the shop to get his skates sharpened at 9:15pm tonight, he was on a 9:30. I still had another 2 pairs of skates to do ahead of him plus the skate I was working on. He asked what are the chances I could get his skates done for 9:30. I said 0% because goalie skates take me longer to do than players, plus I have to finish the pair I'm currently on. He looks at me and goes "O come on man". I just shook my head no, said sorry and wondered in my head how some people can be so incompetent.

Old post, but, can relate soo much. Have this happen a lot, my reply now is I will happily sharpen his/her skate ahead of all the others if they will pay for the all the clients skates who are waiting patiently for theirs ahead of his/hers. Haven't had one do that but they generally leave without being pissed off because I did say I'd do them.

A customer comes into the pro shop at the arena and this is our conversation:

Me: Hello

Customer: Hi, do you guys sell ice hockey sticks?

Me: Yes we do, we sell BASE sticks

Customer: Sorry I'm looking for ice hockey sticks

(Maybe not everyone knows what BASE sticks are, but geez the sticks are clearly marked and on display in front of you.)

Me: BASE are hockey sticks

Customer: How much are they?

Me: 175

Customer: Dollars?

Me:Yes

Customer: OK Thanks (walks out)

Last time I checked goods and services were bought with money in Canada :facepalm:

Edited by ibeck

Anyone asking for generic "hockey sticks" is likely looking for something a lot less expensive than that.

Anyone asking for generic "hockey sticks" is likely looking for something a lot less expensive than that.

I get that but he asked how much for a stick, I said 175, he replied dollars? That's the astonishing part!

What's astonishing is that you immediately jumped into selling BASE haha. I'm exagerrating, but perhaps you had a promotion going on?

What's astonishing is that you immediately jumped into selling BASE haha. I'm exagerrating, but perhaps you had a promotion going on?

We work with BASE here in montreal so we exclusively sell their sticks

So only one model? That's pretty interesting, I've never seen even a small rink shop sell only one model of stick. However, it must be pretty cool to work with them.

So only one model? That's pretty interesting, I've never seen even a small rink shop sell only one model of stick. However, it must be pretty cool to work with them.

Just one model but we have jr, jr pro, int and senior. It's certainly been a great experience so far to work with them. I've been getting to see how they do their video sessions, how they make their sticks and blades and all the custom options.

I no longer work in the field, but my friend told me the following:

"A customer brought a stick in that was broken at the blade, when I asked him what happened, the customer said his son was a right handed shot so he flame torched the blade and put it under a door until it shifted right. The blade was completely destroyed and wanted to replace it under warranty"

Are people really that moronic?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ~Einstein

Edited by goblue9280

A customer comes into the pro shop at the arena and this is our conversation:

Me: Hello

Customer: Hi, do you guys sell ice hockey sticks?

Me: Yes we do, we sell BASE sticks

Customer: Sorry I'm looking for ice hockey sticks

(Maybe not everyone knows what BASE sticks are, but geez the sticks are clearly marked and on display in front of you.)

Me: BASE are hockey sticks

Customer: How much are they?

Me: 175

Customer: Dollars?

Me:Yes

Customer: OK Thanks (walks out)

Last time I checked goods and services were bought with money in Canada :facepalm:

I don't think the customer was being an idiot and thought you were telling him the price in Pesos or Yen, its an expression when the price is much higher than expectation, I've used it before myself. Also, I wouldn't drop 175 bucks on a generic brand stick when I can get a proven brand for a little more.

I don't think the customer was being an idiot and thought you were telling him the price in Pesos or Yen, its an expression when the price is much higher than expectation, I've used it before myself. Also, I wouldn't drop 175 bucks on a generic brand stick when I can get a proven brand for a little more.

I don't know axxion, the look on his face said it all haha