Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
PH_Hockey2

The Things Customers Do

Players in game get taken care of. Usually it is cracked steel!! Switch out 2 runners and sharpen, pronto!!

And if a parent waiting on line, doesn't understand..............

agreed...the few times where there were people in line, they did not object to having that player cut in...if it would ever happen to them, they would want the same treatment. We get a lot of mid game sharpening from travel teams, since most places south, north, and west of us couldnt sharpen a pencil..even a mechanical one...just saying

Edited by Sputnik20

That's great to hear... In my players case, he got them sharpened but the edge was slightly off (not level) in the front half of both skates. I could see it when I looked after the game at the parents request. The player didn't notice it during the game.

Pros are really nice guys but some are just cheap MFers, especially the guys no longer playing who think the gravy train is still running.

We have had the same experience with posting the sign.

Have you guys ever thought about changing the $20 fitting fee to $5? That way you can eliminate most of the prowlers and still get some revenue from the borderline guys?

Have you guys ever thought about changing the $20 fitting fee to $5? That way you can eliminate most of the prowlers and still get some revenue from the borderline guys?

I dont think it does enough to deter people from using the shop to fit for ebay.

what happened with that?

I flat-out told him that it wasn't store policy, and that I just picked up this store and would fit his son to the best of my ability, which is better than most.

He agreed, skates fit great, after that, whenever he needed something he'd seek me out. Then for a while I wasn't sharpening his kids' skates...his wife (absolute sweetheart) came in with the skates and said "We really like it when you sharpen them, Mike keeps on taking them down to the arena but it's not the same..."

Winning!

Have you ever thought about working in a LHS?

Gotta vent, I am super busy state wars going on lady comes up with a total one that someone switched tags on so it read 100, I told her that it was a mistake she said I had already sold one at this price early and demanded I honor the price, I looked up the item history and showed her that the only one I had sold that day was for 209 and that the person was lying to her, she said pissily Ill bring up the fing rec later today. Well she never showed beacuse the rec did not exist, 5 min later her gangly son came in and said hey big man write me a reciept. My response did you lose your reciept from here he said no just make me one for a 11k mine broke I dont stock that stick I replied and that is fraud, he replies just fing do it know one cares I proceded to tell him to get the hell out of the shop and never come back. I come into work today I get a had our first complaint from you in 4 years you told a mom to f off, so to the cameras beacuse I didnt man some people just suck

Have you ever thought about working in a LHS?

Actually yes, I want to work in one this spring and maybe into freshman year in college and I want to get into the industry in the future and maybe open my own shop one day. That's why I'm asking so many questions. I'm not trying to argue with you, just curious.

Edited by AIREAYE

I flat-out told him that it wasn't store policy, and that I just picked up this store and would fit his son to the best of my ability, which is better than most.

He agreed, skates fit great, after that, whenever he needed something he'd seek me out. Then for a while I wasn't sharpening his kids' skates...his wife (absolute sweetheart) came in with the skates and said "We really like it when you sharpen them, Mike keeps on taking them down to the arena but it's not the same..."

Winning!

That's a #Tigerblood LHS

Actually yes, I want to work in one this spring and maybe into freshman year in college and I want to get into the industry in the future and maybe open my own shop one day. That's why I'm asking so many questions. I'm not trying to argue with you, just curious.

I understand. All your questions will be answered once you start working in a LHS.

I understand. All your questions will be answered once you start working in a LHS.

fair enough, this is obviously one of those 'in-the-know' things, I can respect that.

Gotta vent, I am super busy state wars going on lady comes up with a total one that someone switched tags on so it read 100, I told her that it was a mistake she said I had already sold one at this price early and demanded I honor the price, I looked up the item history and showed her that the only one I had sold that day was for 209 and that the person was lying to her, she said pissily Ill bring up the fing rec later today. Well she never showed beacuse the rec did not exist, 5 min later her gangly son came in and said hey big man write me a reciept. My response did you lose your reciept from here he said no just make me one for a 11k mine broke I dont stock that stick I replied and that is fraud, he replies just fing do it know one cares I proceded to tell him to get the hell out of the shop and never come back. I come into work today I get a had our first complaint from you in 4 years you told a mom to f off, so to the cameras beacuse I didnt man some people just suck

Dude, punctuation and spell-check are the rant's friend.

Dude, punctuation and spell-check are the rant's friend.

wow, I was in a "rant" next time I'll make sure its perfect like you. But thanks for the off topic,useless, unhelpful post.

Both of you can knock it off right now.

1. Let us handle the moderation

2. If you can't take the time to make an attempt to make it readable, don't take the time to post

Sorry to bring it back from the dead but some new stories to tell:

While getting my old Bauer skates converted to inline this guy came in with a pair of skates wanting to get them sharpened.

Apparently his skates are 'special' and wanted to sharpen them himself, ahead of about 20 other skates too. Told him it was against policy for customers to use shop equipment but he insisted he had done it before. To make it worse, they didn't even fit him and then changed his story that he worked at another shop in CT and called the owner to ask if he could.

"I am the owner, I don't know you, now get out of my shop now"

That was kind of funny.

Also while this customer came looking for a stick for his son who is starting (4 year old) we were helping him out when this other guy got between us and started talking about going online since it's cheaper, etc. Before you know it he's writing down the website to go to and they left. He then wanted to get a deal on some skates for us to match the price, told him to leave too.

People these days.

Sorry to bring it back from the dead but some new stories to tell:

While getting my old Bauer skates converted to inline this guy came in with a pair of skates wanting to get them sharpened.

Apparently his skates are 'special' and wanted to sharpen them himself, ahead of about 20 other skates too. Told him it was against policy for customers to use shop equipment but he insisted he had done it before. To make it worse, they didn't even fit him and then changed his story that he worked at another shop in CT and called the owner to ask if he could.

"I am the owner, I don't know you, now get out of my shop now"

That was kind of funny.

Also while this customer came looking for a stick for his son who is starting (4 year old) we were helping him out when this other guy got between us and started talking about going online since it's cheaper, etc. Before you know it he's writing down the website to go to and they left. He then wanted to get a deal on some skates for us to match the price, told him to leave too.

People these days.

LOL. Classic.

Edited by nicksmission14

One of my final day's at the Pro Shop before it closed, had a guy come in before his game @ 10:30 at night saying he forgot his elbow pads. Asked me if he could borrow a pair, I actually offered to let him use mine they weren't big enough for him. So I told him to go down and talk to someone at the rink. They usually carried some spare equipment.

Comes back w/ No luck. Asks me if he can buy a pair, wear them and return them. I tell him No, I can't resell it as new.

He storms off all mad with a 25 dollar pair of closeout elbow pads.

He comes in the next day and demands a refund and throws a huge scene in the middle of the store. Have to admit it was pretty amazing to watch a 35 year old man have a major temper tantrum over 25.00 elbow pads. He ended up getting his refund and told not to comeback.

One of my final day's at the Pro Shop before it closed, had a guy come in before his game @ 10:30 at night saying he forgot his elbow pads. Asked me if he could borrow a pair, I actually offered to let him use mine they weren't big enough for him. So I told him to go down and talk to someone at the rink. They usually carried some spare equipment.

Comes back w/ No luck. Asks me if he can buy a pair, wear them and return them. I tell him No, I can't resell it as new.

He storms off all mad with a 25 dollar pair of closeout elbow pads.

He comes in the next day and demands a refund and throws a huge scene in the middle of the store. Have to admit it was pretty amazing to watch a 35 year old man have a major temper tantrum over 25.00 elbow pads. He ended up getting his refund and told not to comeback.

I just have to ask, did he ever come back after that?