Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
PH_Hockey2

The Things Customers Do

For what its worth, we have two organizing bodies for men's league, one is a & b, the other is c & d. The ab league allows many to wear old coopers and jofas, which are useless. Cd requires traditional helmets, oldest they allow is the ccm ht2. And they prefer helmets that are certified.

i remember seeing in the pens 24/7 staff shinny game one of the players had one and was reading the disclaimer that helmet is not intended for ice hockey but for skateboarding. but i could be wrong.

Jagr and Smyth used to wear them for practice but were not allowed to use them in NHL games.

My rink does have rules on what you are supposed to wear, it's an insurance risk for them to allow someone to play open hockey without a valid helmet. Much much easier to simply request they wear a modern helmet.

In illinois some of my fellow officials wear the old gretzky helmet.

I used to wear mine when playing or reffing in the summer.

From USA hockey

A: Rule 304(b) in the USA Hockey Rulebook states,

Players in the Adult age classification must wear a hockey helmet (HECC approved or not) with helmet strap properly fastened.

From USA hockey

Correct, never seen anyone define it as anything other than a hockey helmet. The purpose it to prevent people from wearing things like batting, bike or football helmets, not nitpick over helmets that have been used by hockey players for decades. Thanks to guys like Gretz, the vast majority of those helmets were used playing hockey.

I recall the Gretz helmets being in the Jofa hockey catalog, but being recomended for broomball or "playground activities". I played with a few guys that have worn they playing, but haven't seen one in years.

Edited by Monty22

Rink is on the 8th floor on top of a parking garage.

A guy asked, "But what if the place collapses, the ice would melt, everything would flood!"

"If the garage collapsed, the least of our worries would be the ice melting."

You work at Kettler? I get my skates done there all the time. Just sitting in the stands you hear lots of good stuff haha.

You work at Kettler? I get my skates done there all the time. Just sitting in the stands you hear lots of good stuff haha.

I love Kettler, you can skate and watch a movie afterwards lol.

i remember seeing in the pens 24/7 staff shinny game one of the players had one and was reading the disclaimer that helmet is not intended for ice hockey but for skateboarding. but i could be wrong.

That wasn't a JOFA Helmet in 24/7 in that scene. The helmet the older guy put on, and read the disclaimer out of, was an actual skateboard helmet made by a company called Pro Tec. There is a Pro Tec decal on the side of the helmet plain as day.

That wasn't a JOFA Helmet in 24/7 in that scene. The helmet the older guy put on, and read the disclaimer out of, was an actual skateboard helmet made by a company called Pro Tec. There is a Pro Tec decal on the side of the helmet plain as day.

It was Phil Bourque. He wore something like it during his playing days.

9069185.jpg

Had a guy I've never seen before just walk out....

CCM V01 skates, virtually brand new but have been sharpened a handful times before. Asks for 3/4". Nothing out of the ordinary. While on the first skate the guy is hovering the sharpener, which, isn't uncommon, especially with people who are newer to the game and want to see how its done. So i finish first skate, stone, set it down. He picks it up while I'm working on the second skate. Notice out of corner of my eye, the guy has a leveler AND a depth checker out checking the skate. 3 minutes later when I'm done with the other one, he does the same thing.

I've had people grab a quarter out, I've had people bring in their own leveler before, not that surprising when I see it, b/c I understand, if I ever have my skates sharpened by someone else you bet for damn sure I'm making sure they didn't ruin them.

But I've never seen someone whip out a depth checker. And add to the fact that these were for 50 dollar skates, well, mind-boggling.

That's what I thought too. I'm starting to think that they weren't his skates. Not trying to generalize, but, if you have that type of skate, more than likely you have absolutely no clue about anything related to sharpening skates. The people who have levelers that i've seen all had some form of high-middle to top end skate.

kid spent an hour trying on gloves in the shop during a tourney today. His dad just came in, got on the phone, and ordered the gloves while standing in the shop. WTF....

some people have no respect whatsoever

hmm it's not necessarily that they have no respect and go in intending to be disrespectful, it's more like they're ignorant of the fact that it's disrespectful; :tongue: if that makes sense. Unfortunately there isn't much anyone can do about it

The best thing any LHS owner/worker can do is if they know that a person is only using them as a fitting service, to give as little time to them as possible

Edited by AIREAYE