Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LkptTiger

Warrior Dolomite Shaft/SyNergy II Blade

Searched but couldn't find anything - if it's been discussed already, I apologize...

The title is pretty self-explanatory, I guess: I'm back to my 'experimental' phase, which, in so many words, means I probably won't be using my XXX Lites too much longer.

I loved the Inno shafts (on the OPSs, that is), but sometimes had issues with blades chipping very, very quickly and very, very badly. That said, I really liked the way that the SyNergy SL blades performed (when they were in one piece). Why not try to combine the two?

I'm thinking of ordering a few Dolomite tapered shafts, and would like to get some SyNergy II blades to slip in them, but I am not sure if they're going to fit. Does anyone have any idea if this is doable? Anybody have any experience with this combo?

Inno shaft + Easton blades should be all right. I've never had any problems with their standard counterparts.

I wouldn't recommend it. I've had trouble getting Easton blades into Inno/Warrior shafts. Also, when I put an Inno blade into an Easton shaft it was loose. I've determined that the one dimension of the inside of the shaft is equal, but the smaller of the two dimensions is smaller on Inno/Warriors making it almost impossible to fit.

Is that as clear as mud?

I tried my buddy's Synergy II combo the other day. He has the Easton shaft and blade and I was really impressed by it. It was slightly heavier than my SL and XXX Lite, but the performance was right there.

I used a dolo with a synthesis over the summer without any issues, great twig, except the synth threw the balance off a little bit since it's a slightly heavier blade than the dolo tapered. I believe the Syn II blade is lighter though.

I also have trouble getting an Inno blade in to my Synthesis 2 shaft, very loose. Did the old tape on the blade to get it to fit snugly

I just think that if you need tape, it isn't a good enough fit. You lose that crisp feeling and your shots just don't have the kick they should. Energy is lost if the blade doesn't fit snugly. Easton and Mission shafts seem to be exactly the same size. Not sure about CCM. The Bauer Vapor X blades that I have don't fit into an Easton shaft nicely. I think they would fit into an Inno perfectly. I'm pretty sure they were made by Inno. I'm not sure about the newer NBH blades.

I tried doing the same thing...the Dolomite shaft I picked up would not fit a Synergy II/Synthesis/L-2 blade at all (I tried everything). It really pissed me right off. A Warrior blade fit in the shaft perfectly though.

That being said, I have friends who have used this combo. So, to answer you, it might fit. Sorry I couldn't give more.

I've been using synergy 2 blades in my dolomite without any fit issues what so ever. The only issues I've had is that the synergy 2 blades don't hold up very well.

I just think that if you need tape, it isn't a good enough fit. You lose that crisp feeling and your shots just don't have the kick they should. Energy is lost if the blade doesn't fit snugly. Easton and Mission shafts seem to be exactly the same size. Not sure about CCM. The Bauer Vapor X blades that I have don't fit into an Easton shaft nicely. I think they would fit into an Inno perfectly. I'm pretty sure they were made by Inno. I'm not sure about the newer NBH blades.

i wont go into detail about what i did but i once got a junior tapered blade to fit in a xn10 shaft. shot just fine. i agree that too much tape doesnt improve the feel, but a layer or two isnt much.

a layer isn't bad at all. Of all the prostock shafts I've owned when I pulled out the blade they had tape on them everytime even though when I re-inserted it without tape it fit snug. They might do it as extra insurance, or maybe it dampens the impact of the puck for receiving passes. I don't reallt know exactly why but they all do it. Sometimes it looks so forced that the walls on the shaft where the insertion point is, is about to crack or looks a bit thick b/c of all the tape.

I put a senior synergy 2 blade into a 70 flex dolomite and it fits fine.

Easton's the only company that makes an intermediate tapered blade. Pretty much everyone else, including Warrior, use sr. tapered blades for their intermediate shafts.

sounds to me that the synergy II blade is a tight fit in a dolomite... which is what I'd call a good thing. I feel that if a blade just slides in that it's going to be somewhat loose which might be completely wrong but that's how I feel. Just like everything else I'd rather a tighter fit than a loose one. B)

Has anyone tried the opposite of this combination?

I've got a Synergy 2 on the way and I have a Dolomite blade, so I'm just wondering if this will be fine.

Does anyone have problems with bauer blades and the dolomite shaft? I having a difficult time getting the blade to fit (too tight of fit).

Thanks