Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mack

Batman: The Dark Knight

It was posted in crappy youtube format. Thanks for posting it.

I was at another showing of Iron Man last night (2nd time), and they played The Dark Knight trailer instead of the Hulk trailer. I know the Indy 4 trailer was attached to Iron Man, which it was, but I was surprised to see The Dark Knight trailer as I thought it was attached to Speed Racer.

That's what happens when you doubt what I say.

Aaron Eckhart (Harvey Dent) let out some massive spoilers in an interview but since we don't have spoiler tags up in hurr I will just re-iterate how awesome this rebooted franchise is.

this may or may not have been posted, but i don't feel like looking through 20 pages to find out

http://whysoserious.com/happytrails/trailer.htm

So in this trailer Harvey Dent looks like he has half his face in something, perhaps gas, or acid. Is this the set up for Two Face, and the next movie in the series?

Or am I off base

this may or may not have been posted, but i don't feel like looking through 20 pages to find out

So in this trailer Harvey Dent looks like he has half his face in something, perhaps gas, or acid. Is this the set up for Two Face, and the next movie in the series?

Or am I off base

i was thinking the same thing, but I also heard that after this one they are making another superman and then one where superman and batman work together?

Or am I off base

Aaron Eckhart is giving all indications that Two-Face will make an appearance in this film.

Or am I off base

Aaron Eckhart is giving all indications that Two-Face will make an appearance in this film.

From the last trailer, I would assume so. It looks like its going to show is "origin".

Between this and the New Indiana Jones movie, I am really excited for this summer. Really, I haven't been this hyped up about movies for as long as I can remember.

Anybody object to getting a mod to change this thread name to something like "geek out"? Its a mainstay on my daily check-on list and it would be nice to see it go on after the new Batman movie comes out.

It confirms what I hinted at in an interview Eckhart gave, but since they show it in the trailer it's not a spoiler: Rachel, his fiancee, gets killed. At least it's early on and we won't have to suffer long with that character.

It confirms what I hinted at in an interview Eckhart gave, but since they show it in the trailer it's not a spoiler: Rachel, his fiancee, gets killed. At least it's early on and we won't have to suffer long with that character.

I know you see Joker push her off the building, but how do you (or we) know she dies? Maybe Batman jumps down and saves her or something like that....?

Eckart said in an interview she dies and though you're right about that not possibly being the scene she beefs it in, apparently she's only in the movie for 15 mins. I would have to say that her dying makes sense and will tip the scales for Dent losing it.

I hope she does get killed off....the Joker needs to be totally ruthless like he was in "The Killing Joke." I think it's a good move if a main character gets killed off like that.

That's what it'll be as that's the material Nolan gave Ledger to read for his Joker. That and Clockwork Orange were all he wanted to influence what Ledger would use for his Joker. Other than the obnoxious lip-licking, this Joker's trumped Nicholson's by only what I've seen in trailers.

I'm hoping it dies down a little as I don't want it to reach Transformers-levels of being hyped to death. Plus all I see now are arguments over why there's a new Rachel in this movie.

Well, The Watchmen was a very serious look at what's the pathology of someone who would do that. In flashbacks, we see a sort of annual convention of the original superheroes, where they are shooting the breeze and drinking alchohol and one particularly fascist-like hero becomes bullyish and belligerent. The writer, Alan Moore, tried to come up with a realistic portrayal of costumed vigilantes. Ultimately, the government outlawed costumed vigilantes around the late 60's, amid concerns of the citizens and graffitti saying, "Who Watches The Watchmen?"

One of the websites I visit had a link to this photo of the Minutemen's convention I mentioned. It gives you a sense of what The Watchmen is trying to convey -- what would a world with costumed vigilantes really be like?

mmpicgr2.jpg

That's from the proposed movie that's apparently in production I'm guessing?

I read Watchmen after hearing about it a bit in this thread actually, simply an amazingly well done piece of fiction.

That's the picture Sally Jupiter keeps by her bed. I like it, as well as the costumes I've seen from stills.

That's from the proposed movie that's apparently in production I'm guessing?

I read Watchmen after hearing about it a bit in this thread actually, simply an amazingly well done piece of fiction.

I did the exact same thing and completely agree. An extremely intricate, well pieced book.