Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 08

I didn't mean directly him, sorry i should ahve put it more clear, the organization, I have seen countless dives on that team throughout the whole year.

I didn't think about the price of Sid instead of Stall though. But I thought it would sell more games, look at hockey sticks, if it's a certain players name is on it..they think it's made for the player when they're little.

It's not like you have as many choices when it comes to buying an NHL video game. The biggest factor is going to be if you are an EA guy or a 2k Sports guy. Graphics, gameplay, reputation and depth of features are much more important to sales than the schmuck on the box.

The stick comparison is just not applicable in any way, shape or form.

I didn't mean directly him, sorry i should ahve put it more clear, the organization, I have seen countless dives on that team throughout the whole year.

I didn't think about the price of Sid instead of Stall though. But I thought it would sell more games, look at hockey sticks, if it's a certain players name is on it..they think it's made for the player when they're little.

And your beloved team doesnt dive? Try again. Im not gonna start to argue with you when you dont know wat your talking about.

I think Stall is a good fit for the cover. He had a above par year, and is a class act. Do you expect them to have Sid or Ovy on the cover every year to sell games? :rolleyes: Your theory makes no sense

And your beloved team doesnt dive? Try again. Im not gonna start to argue with you when you dont know wat your talking about.

I think Stall is a good fit for the cover. He had a above par year, and is a class act. Do you expect them to have Sid or Ovy on the cover every year to sell games? :rolleyes: Your theory makes no sense

Nope, the Devils are a perfect team and don't do a damn thing wrong. Thank God someone else sees it the way I do.

I have nothing against Staal, but more with the organization.

I thought Crosby was a sure lock on the cover, but obviously hes not the guy. I was surprised by that.

Did NHL 07 already have a minor league? 2k7 did and the cities are current (except Orlando, the Panthers were set to move San Antonio there but that fell apart). You were able to tweak lineups and send guys up and down.

In NHL 07 you could send guys between the minors and the pro team but other than them sitting in a different spot on your roster you couldn't do anything else with the minor league.

any info about a wii version?

Doesn't look like it from the pre-order page on their site. Xbox 360, PS3, PS2 and PC only. Notice how the original Xbox isn't even listed?? Interesting.

More news:

- There will be 30 practice drills

- New RBK Edge jerseys are in the game but will not be shown in communications, mainly because teams will be showing their designs off from now till the beginning of the season

- EA NHL 08 Blog is here http://blogs.ign.com/EANHL08/2007/06/12/57267/

Littman and his team slowly reveal the new features etc; every week or so.

ahha no. First off I have bitter towards the Hurricanes with all the diving the players do, im not here to fight about it, i don't care if you disagree, but it's the truth.

I was thinking they'd put up Crosby as this was his first playoff year and how hes a role model to many more kids than Staal is.

I don't think I've ever seen Staal dive, nor have I seen him do anything that would make him less deserving of being a role model.

Would putting Sid on the cover sell more copies of the game? It's not very likely that anyone would have purchased the game simply because of the coverboy. Factor in how much more it would have cost to have him on the cover and it makes a lot of sense. Not everyone is a fan of the "all Sid, all the time" marketing machine that the NHL has turned into. Marketing more players is actually more healthy for the league.

As if you're going to chirp crosby. The kid is 19, wins awards, and leads the league in scoring. Over 200 career points after 2 seasons. Stall is deserving yes as he is a leader, but Crosby deserves it as well as he is a role model for kids too. Not being a big guy and having all this talent speaks a lot, diver or not. And the whole league dives, Crosby just gets more attention because hes crosby. You have to market Crosby for the young kids. An example is Sher-Wood. Go to an LHS and the majority of jr. sticks carry the crosby curve, and the kids eat them up. Sidney Crosby has helped the game whether you like it or not

ahha no. First off I have bitter towards the Hurricanes with all the diving the players do, im not here to fight about it, i don't care if you disagree, but it's the truth.

I was thinking they'd put up Crosby as this was his first playoff year and how hes a role model to many more kids than Staal is.

I don't think I've ever seen Staal dive, nor have I seen him do anything that would make him less deserving of being a role model.

Would putting Sid on the cover sell more copies of the game? It's not very likely that anyone would have purchased the game simply because of the coverboy. Factor in how much more it would have cost to have him on the cover and it makes a lot of sense. Not everyone is a fan of the "all Sid, all the time" marketing machine that the NHL has turned into. Marketing more players is actually more healthy for the league.

As if you're going to chirp crosby. The kid is 19, wins awards, and leads the league in scoring. Over 200 career points after 2 seasons. Stall is deserving yes as he is a leader, but Crosby deserves it as well as he is a role model for kids too. Not being a big guy and having all this talent speaks a lot, diver or not. And the whole league dives, Crosby just gets more attention because hes crosby. You have to market Crosby for the young kids. An example is Sher-Wood. Go to an LHS and the majority of jr. sticks carry the crosby curve, and the kids eat them up. Sidney Crosby has helped the game whether you like it or not

Amen to that happy to hear someone say hes helped the game.

can you play with the AHL teams?

yep, all 29 teams are fully playable

Now, is this the same David Littman who used to play for Orlando?

yep, the one and only

The point remains that solely for this game, Crosby wouldn't have a noticeable impact on the sales of this game. Sticks/equipment are of course an entirely different matter, but coverboys aren't going to have a noticeable impact on sales of a game. Reading comprehension - it's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic!

No one can deny anything that Crosby has done in his career so far. Staal is a damn good player and obviously not on the same level as Crosby, but one person on a cover will not single-handedly make it a top seller. The cover really doesnt matter to buyers, anyway. The buyer really doesnt care whos on the cover because they're buying to game to play, not put on a shelf.

The NHL has piss poor ratings all over the place because its so terribly marketed. Sure Crosby has done a ton to draw new fans, especially in PA, but the NHL needs more than 1 person to run the show. Look around at all the other pro leagues, there is no 1 single cover boy.

if anyone is wondering, Crosby was demanding too much money to be used as cover boy for 08. Apparently Ovechkin didn't know how big a deal it was to be on a video game cover so he was cheap to use as cover boy.

if anyone is wondering, Crosby was demanding too much money to be used as cover boy for 08.

And thats what I dont like about Crosby. Greedy little SOB.

I hope there is no NHL cover curse or us Canes' fans may be in some trouble :rolleyes:

lebron james

From someone who watches a handful of NBA games a year...

Dwayne Wade and Melo are hyped up a lot as well, although not on the same level as Lebron. Plus there are older players like Nash, Duncan, AI, Nowitzki, Kobe, McGrady, Arenas, Yao, et al who are all marketed as the stars of the league. In the NHL Crosby is basically it.

lebron james

Plus there are older players like Kobe who are all marketed as the stars of the league.

yup, rapists are great role models and the nba should market that for all its worth.

Keep opinions like that to yourself, that was uncalled for.

I love how in NHL 08, not everyone in the crowd has their team's apparel on. :)

Agree with kosy on this one. The problem here is that Crosby is the only guy being marketed to the general public, while ignoring guys like St. Louis, Heatley, Spezza, and Savard, who are all really talented players in their own right. Couple that with broadcasting 90% of games on Bulgarian State TV (VS.) and you have a recipe for low ratings and not many new fans.

EDIT: Grammar nazi tendencies broke through.

Keep opinions like that to yourself, that was uncalled for.

I love how in NHL 08, not everyone in the crowd has their team's apparel on. :)

if you've been to an NHL game you would know not every single person in the arena wears their team's apparel :)