Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 08

I've always been a fan of the 2k series too. But you can't deny that total stick control and how you control the puck and can get off a shot... although sometimes it just randomly shoots or doesn't shoot when you want it to.

I'd much rather play the 2k series right now though.

I've always been a fan of the 2k series too. But you can't deny that total stick control and how you control the puck and can get off a shot... although sometimes it just randomly shoots or doesn't shoot when you want it to.

what are the controls like on 2k7? Ive never played it. Are they like the classic button controls?

If one game had the gameplay of 2k7 and the presentation, graphics and controls of NHL 07 we'd actually have a good game.

The worst part of NHL 07 is when you get whacked the player drops his glove and says "Ouch!" Kinda funny after a few times but after a while it's frustrating because they completely stop playing.

yea and while doing that they still have control of the puck

what are the controls like on 2k7? Ive never played it. Are they like the classic button controls?

For the most part. You have a few automatic dekes and you can do total stick control to deke but you have to release the button to shoot so you can't get the extremely quick shot off after a manual deke.

my average game for 2K7 with the rangers is like 25-0, with Jagr averaging like 8 points a game, after i finish my current season (have a perfect record like 30-0-0) i will move the difficulty setting up. i personally dont care to much though what equipment the guys in the the game have, doesnt matter to much

The worst part of NHL 07 is when you get whacked the player drops his glove and says "Ouch!" Kinda funny after a few times but after a while it's frustrating because they completely stop playing.

Kovalev?

I don't remember the last hockey video game I enjoyed, probably NHL 04 dynasty mode. I just borrowed NHL 07 off my friend put it in and I put in Fifa 07 5 minutes later. I doubt this one is going to be better it seem like they're going downhill with these games.

I have nhl 07 for psp, and im sure its the same for ps2, But i play on expert mode for my dynasty, 5 minute periods, and end up winning every game like 12-2 or something. And when the computer actually does make the game close, its like you know they're going to score because you get like 3 guys on one player and you cannot hit them off the puck. After a while it kind of turns you off with all the predictability in gameplay. I dont know how, but if they could find a way to make it more unpredictable and more challenging, that would be cool. The EA NHL franchise is still the best by far, and every year they continue to slowly improve, and I'm excited for 08.

Oh man, I hate it when that happens. It's like someone disconnected the controller from the PC.

For the most part. You have a few automatic dekes and you can do total stick control to deke but you have to release the button to shoot so you can't get the extremely quick shot off after a manual deke.

Not to mention the pro control - if you activate it, every button on the controller pertains to a player. Just press the button and it passes right to the guy - works well on power plays as the passes are dead accurate.

This just in:

In other news, EA has acquired the AHL license so now there will be a real minor league system. Yipee!

I've only been waiting about 10 years for that one...bout time.

So you will be able to send players down to the minors and pick them up and such?

Yeah it might actually work this year in EA! That was one of the worst parts of the franchise last year - you couldn't get rid of guys off of your roster even if you didn't want to sign them and their contracts had expired.

ahha no. First off I have bitter towards the Hurricanes with all the diving the players do, im not here to fight about it, i don't care if you disagree, but it's the truth.

I was thinking they'd put up Crosby as this was his first playoff year and how hes a role model to many more kids than Staal is.

ahha no. First off I have bitter towards the Hurricanes with all the diving the players do, im not here to fight about it, i don't care if you disagree, but it's the truth.

I was thinking they'd put up Crosby as this was his first playoff year and how hes a role model to many more kids than Staal is.

I don't think I've ever seen Staal dive, nor have I seen him do anything that would make him less deserving of being a role model.

Would putting Sid on the cover sell more copies of the game? It's not very likely that anyone would have purchased the game simply because of the coverboy. Factor in how much more it would have cost to have him on the cover and it makes a lot of sense. Not everyone is a fan of the "all Sid, all the time" marketing machine that the NHL has turned into. Marketing more players is actually more healthy for the league.

I didn't mean directly him, sorry i should ahve put it more clear, the organization, I have seen countless dives on that team throughout the whole year.

I didn't think about the price of Sid instead of Stall though. But I thought it would sell more games, look at hockey sticks, if it's a certain players name is on it..they think it's made for the player when they're little.

Did NHL 07 already have a minor league? 2k7 did and the cities are current (except Orlando, the Panthers were set to move San Antonio there but that fell apart). You were able to tweak lineups and send guys up and down.

I still have original xbox but I know that in 2K the minor league system was more involved. NHL07 is just rudimentary sending guys to the minors.