Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 08

The pic of Jagr in the All-Star uniform looks dead on. I'm happy they finally decided to put a skills competition in, but it would be cool to add other little features like practice or something.

I think the article says you can setup 5-3's and 5-4's for practice.

this thread got me all amped up on NHL07, so I played a few games...boy does the gameplay bug the sh*t out of me... guys offsides, horrible passes to just about no one...

This always confuses me when people complain about offsides. I get maybe 2-3 a game - that's it. I always pass it up to the head man though or make sure I take it straight into the zone if carrying the puck. Just like real life, if you make a move just before crossing the line you'll put guys offsides.

In 2k7 you must run practices during the season. If you skip through them your team performance goes down. Also - at the end of practice you must do a skills event to lower your team's fatigue. It's either stickhandling through cones, accuracy or hastest shot. You can do fastest skater in your scouting events.

Saying you 'must' run practices would scare me a bit. I remember a football game a few years back that gave you tons of control over practices and lots of options on what to drill each position at. It was a cool thought, but once you did it a couple of times it just became a very tedious process. I hope if these practices are time consuming it's something you can just turn off or automate. It's hard enough to get time to run through a season I would hate to have to practice in between every game.

I know I'm coming off as an EA fanboy but nothing could be further from the truth. I loved 2K for their football series and hope their new football rocks. (I refuse to ever buy Madden until they make it a decent game.)

I'd be happy to play the 2K NHL game but I just think visually and control wise, EA raised the bar way past the 2K series. Now having a pressure sensitive skating stick that determines if you do a cross over or a full stop, or that you can push the puck ahead of you and beat your defender....Wow, 2K has their work cut out for them, MSH team or no MSH team. It will be interesting this year to see if EA makes any inroads on the 2K strength of online play.

I like how they keep trying to innovate and what not, but I really hope they focus on fixing the problems from 07. There were some cheap ways to score goals, and you have goalies knocking the puck into their own net at least once a game. Not to mention the computer AI being retarded. Defenseman rarely hold the zone and on defense they tend to step up at the worst possible moments.

you know there is somthing wrong when you can score 15 goals a game on superstar mode with 10 minute periods.. and not to mention the default check was a cross check haha

I hope they have a "actual" draft players, not the fake one.

not happening unless they magically acquired the same licenses that NHL Eastside Hockey Manager had (WHL, BCHL, OHL, QMJHL, DEL, ECHL, SEL, Swiss, etc;).

well fake players isn't so bad if they got better names and better overall prospects... the scouting is weak too wehn you have a A-B-A-A-C and he comes out at at 66 and the C-B-C-D-A comes out and hes a 74 doesn't make sense

i dont think that they are going to have ALL the equipment right, like in NHL 2K7 everyone has 8090's for skates, and for sticks everybody had either a CCM V10.0, Easton Stealth/SyNergy, TPS Adrenaline, and i think thats it. it takes alot of time to do all of these small details

i dont think that they are going to have ALL the equipment right, like in NHL 2K7 everyone has 8090's for skates, and for sticks everybody had either a CCM V10.0, Easton Stealth/SyNergy, TPS Adrenaline, and i think thats it. it takes alot of time to do all of these small details

that sucks compared to NHL07

evidently 2k sports isn't very good with that stuff

I can't remember the last time EA made a screw up with equipment (with the exception of sticks like Spezza's SOPs or Naslund's One60)

If you're anal about the players having the right equipment you're pretty sad, but NHL 2k8 will be the game for you.

I want to know why the heck Jose Thoedore has his actual helmet in NHL07 but goalies like Brodeur and Kipprusoff don't... why Theo? he sucks...

The artist most likely refuses to distribute his design to EA.

I have nhl 07 for psp, and im sure its the same for ps2, But i play on expert mode for my dynasty, 5 minute periods, and end up winning every game like 12-2 or something. And when the computer actually does make the game close, its like you know they're going to score because you get like 3 guys on one player and you cannot hit them off the puck. After a while it kind of turns you off with all the predictability in gameplay. I dont know how, but if they could find a way to make it more unpredictable and more challenging, that would be cool. The EA NHL franchise is still the best by far, and every year they continue to slowly improve, and I'm excited for 08.

If one game had the gameplay of 2k7 and the presentation, graphics and controls of NHL 07 we'd actually have a good game.

The worst part of NHL 07 is when you get whacked the player drops his glove and says "Ouch!" Kinda funny after a few times but after a while it's frustrating because they completely stop playing.