Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 08

lebron james

Plus there are older players like Kobe who are all marketed as the stars of the league.

yup, rapists are great role models and the nba should market that for all its worth.

Technically it's accused rapist.

lebron james

Plus there are older players like Kobe who are all marketed as the stars of the league.

yup, rapists are great role models and the nba should market that for all its worth.

If hockey players made more money/people actually knew who they were, there would be a lot more Kobe-ish stuff in the NHL.

lebron james

If hockey players made more money/people actually knew who they were, there would be a lot more Kobe-ish stuff in the NHL.

thats one of the great things about hockey, is that you almost never hear about hockey players getting in trouble (off the ice anyway) i mean all over the news right now its all about kobe bitching, pacman jones getting busted and on and on and on, hockey players just don't seem to get in as much trouble.

or locally in Tampa, Mr Elijah Dukes(DRays) impregnating his 5th(I think) woman... this time a 17 year old foster child. It actually made the front page of our local paper... must have been a slow week.

Agree with kosy on this one. The problem here is that Crosby is the only guy being marketed to the general public, while ignoring guys like St. Louis, Heatley, Spezza, and Savard, who are all really talented players in their own right. Couple that with broadcasting 90% of games on Bulgarian State TV (VS.) and you have a recipe for low ratings and not many new fans.

EDIT: Grammar nazi tendencies broke through.

Well... Heatley was going to be on the cover for 04 I think it was but after his accident they changed it to Sakic. StLouis was on NHL 2K5's cover.

Heatley's still on the cover of mine which begs the question: Is killing someone worse than raping someone? I guess we'll leave that for another message board to answer that one.

Agree with kosy on this one. The problem here is that Crosby is the only guy being marketed to the general public, while ignoring guys like St. Louis, Heatley, Spezza, and Savard, who are all really talented players in their own right. Couple that with broadcasting 90% of games on Bulgarian State TV (VS.) and you have a recipe for low ratings and not many new fans.

Well... Heatley was going to be on the cover for 04 I think it was but after his accident they changed it to Sakic. StLouis was on NHL 2K5's cover.

Copies of 04 with Heatley on the cover actually made it in stores, then switched to Sakic.

Copies of 04 with Heatley on the cover actually made it in stores, then switched to Sakic.

I was probably for the best, the Heatley cover from NHL04 gives the impression we are all hill billys.

nhl2004_1.jpg

Thornton was on early covers of 2004 but got pulled off as soon as his incident happened. I saw a pic of it a while back but I can't find it anymore.

Total idiocy on my part as well... I also forgot that St. Louis was on 2K5's cover as well.

My comment, though, was primarily meant to say that the NHL should market guys like St. Louis, Spezza, Heatley, etc. in ways other than donning game covers.

Thornton was on early covers of 2004 but got pulled off as soon as his incident happened. I saw a pic of it a while back but I can't find it anymore.

What was Thornton's incident?

Thornton was accused of hitting two police officers on May 17th, 2003, after coming to the aid of his brother, John Thornton, and had faced two charges of assaulting police and one of obstructing justice.

Crown lawyer Kevin Gowdey announced at a court hearing he would not be pursuing the case against the Bruins captain in return for Thornton apologizing to the parties involved and beginning a "significant period of community service."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Thornton#...tside_of_Hockey

I was probably for the best, the Heatley cover from NHL04 gives the impression we are all hill billys.

I have one of those 04 copies sitting in front of me right now (with Heatley on the front).

$50 on Crosby being the cover boy.

I hope they fix all the glitches that was in 07.

EDIT: will they have the RBK edge uniforms? With the exception of the all-star game uni's, the rest of the teams all of their traditional jerseys.

Well get ready to lose 50 bucks because Eric Staal is going to be on the covor of 08'

are the 08 games going to feature the new jersey styles?

yes

i said before that the players will wear regular jerseys (unless it's all-star) for all media purposes until all teams reveal their new jerseys.