Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hapamatt122

NFL Thread

But they didn't move him out of the pocket, something they did more often in the regular season. I can't say they would do it a lot, but it seemed noticeable in its absence.

By the way, that field seemed to be very slick. I saw a lot of missed tackles or slipping by runners as they tried to make a cut. I know the Giants defender slipped on Moss' TD, and I think the Patriot slipped on Burress', but I haven't rewatched the play.

But they didn't move him out of the pocket, something they did more often in the regular season. I can't say they would do it a lot, but it seemed noticeable in its absence.

By the way, that field seemed to be very slick. I saw a lot of missed tackles or slipping by runners as they tried to make a cut. I know the Giants defender slipped on Moss' TD, and I think the Patriot slipped on Burress', but I haven't rewatched the play.

They didn't do a lot of things that ended up working for them later on in the game. They should have kept running more in the first half even if NY was killing the clock.

Not that the field wasn't slick but I think on Burress's TD it was just Hobbs getting torched.

So, was Brady more hurt than he let on? Or was this just the Giants stepping up and putting them in their place?

/didn't see the end

//went to hockey instead

I say more the Giants but who knows about Brady's injury. It didn't show that much if he was hurt because he was throwing a couple bombs later and was able to roll out a couple times.

Speaking of bombs. How about that 70 yarder through the air Brady let loose. I had no idea his arm was that big.

So, was Brady more hurt than he let on? Or was this just the Giants stepping up and putting them in their place?

I think both. Compared to the regular season, it seemed the game plan was designed to protect Brady, although the Giant's defense countered it quite well.

Speaking of bombs. How about that 70 yarder through the air Brady let loose. I had no idea his arm was that big.

yeah, nice one. and Moss was this close to catching it.

oh well the giants win and thats good for me :lol:

exciting SB, whtatever the result.

Awesome game, absolute classic.

Although we don't like the what if's, but SD would of had a completely different outcome without the injuries.

The Giants team wore down the Pats on both sides, eventually taking advantage of mistakes on the secondary, the Tyree catch will be remembered as well as Eli's hassle to throw that ball.

Got to admire the Pats for their run anyway, at the end they challenged all other teams to rise up their game.

On the commercials, thumbs up for ETrade.

Great day to be a Giants fan, this was a game for the ages, what a come from behind win by the Giants. The whole team played great, the defence apllied alot of pressure on Brady and the offence really stepped it up too, Eli played amazing, i couldn't believe he avoided that sack to make the throw to Tyree.

Man, I love how all the giants fans are coming out of their closets on campus. Bastards. I always wear a Giants shirt on mondays, win or lose.

and all the bandwagon patriots fans are hiding :)

What I enjoy is the fact the one time Brady actually gets the TD, not the field goal by Vinatieri, they lose.

Great email my buddy just sent out to the posse. What makes it funny is this seems so counter to the guy who sent it. This seems more like the type of excuse I'd make up.... :D

So here's what went down in Arizona over the weekend.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell is feeling tremendous pressure over how he's handled SpyGate. He's got Senator Arlen Specter questioning him publicly about destroying the tapes and declaring the investigation complete and done. Specter's challenging that assertion, suggesting the Pats cheated the Eagles during the Super Bowl a few years ago, threatening the NFL's anti-trust exemption, and now some ex-Patriots employee is being quoted in Hawaii that he helped tape the Rams' Super Bowl walk-through in 2002 -- and worse.

Now, the worst thing that can happen for the NFL is for the Pats to close out a historic 19-0 season. Whispers and allegations will dog the NFL for months. On the other hand, a Giants' upset win will end the concerns over the championship being tainted, create a feel-good distraction in the country's biggest media market, and cool interest into further muck-raking around the Patriots organization.

Goodell has to act, and act decisively.

So he calls Belichik and Kraft into his hotel room Saturday night, and tells them he's got their backs -- but has a few conditions for Sunday's game. The Patriot's offensive line isn't allowed to play at 100%. Brady's got to get hit early and often. All interceptions have to be dropped, and all field goals have to be missed. And throwing in a few questionable play calls would be smiled on by the commissioner's office. That happens, and he ensures SpyGate stays bottled up and the Patriots don't get thrown to the wolves to save the NFL's butt.

And that, my boys, is how we got to 17-14. Plain and simple. Remember, you read it here first.

I guess your buddy was in the bathroom when Eli hit Tyree off the maddest scramble this side of Fran Tarkenton. That play fails, it's game over. But that didn't happen, did it.

Excuses are still for losers.

Or as they still say, there's always next year.

Maybe there is a "Clock-gate" brewing. Check out this cyber football dweeb and his Kitchen timer.

http://cgi.fark.com/cgi/fark/youtube.pl?IDLink=3376010 (Audio/Video really suck)

I didn't catch it to the extent he did, but it made no sense to me that they put 6 seconds back on the clock after Bradshaw's run, then didn't restart the clock.

I guess your buddy was in the bathroom when Eli hit Tyree off the maddest scramble this side of Fran Tarkenton. That play fails, it's game over. But that didn't happen, did it.

Excuses are still for losers.

Or as they still say, there's always next year.

I don't think he was serious, but it's hard to tell. It's not his personality to be a conspiracy theorists, so I assumed he was joking.

I hate Football but I left my seat when Eli made that scramble, I loved seein the Giants win. I was watching a local Radio show today and they brought up a good point..what was with the immaturity of the 72 dolphins with this whole thing? They obviously wanted more spotlight, but I don't think they handled it with class at all. The Pat's winning does nothing to your 17-0 record unless you think it does so why take offense to it, Shula had animosity against the Pats all year. I say if the Pats won you show up, shake there hand and say welcome..but to cheer for them losing? I just don't think they handled it well imo.

I didn't catch it to the extent he did, but it made no sense to me that they put 6 seconds back on the clock after Bradshaw's run, then didn't restart the clock.

I was fine with that they stopped the clock since the refs didn't spot the ball and were seemingly measuring it up to see if it was a first down. But, I agree that the 6 seconds and the non-restart didn't make much sense. Although, that still doesn't account for 40 seconds.

I think both. Compared to the regular season, it seemed the game plan was designed to protect Brady, although the Giant's defense countered it quite well.

The Giants secondary was draped all over the New England recievers all night long. It reminded me of how the Patriots beat the Rams a few years ago. I was amazed by the amount of downfield contact the officials allowed.

Moss hurt the Patriots when he essentially took a couple plays off and the ball ended up coming his way. As much pressure as the Giants had, the Patriots still had chances to win the game and they failed to take advantage of them. It was also one of the least entertaining games I've seen in a long time. Eli did a good job on that last drive but I don't want to wait four hours for a quarterback to show up for a game.

I still can't believe it.

I considered the bet while I was in Vegas but didn't want to jinx the Giants. I'm (sorta) glad I didn't.

I'm sitting here kicking myself for not betting. Two friends placed bets ($100 each) and wanted to know if I was in. Seriously considered it, but there was just something that didn't feel right about the bet.

I still can't believe it.

I considered the bet while I was in Vegas but didn't want to jinx the Giants. I'm (sorta) glad I didn't.

I'm sitting here kicking myself for not betting. Two friends placed bets ($100 each) and wanted to know if I was in. Seriously considered it, but there was just something that didn't feel right about the bet.

What did it pay?