Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pong

how do you check...

Watch Brian Gionta on the Devils. He's got great balance, and he only goes after someone (anyone actually, including Chara) when the puck is deep in the offensive zone along the boards, mainly trying to win possession of the puck.

other than that physics still apply and you should try your best to out skate them.

Squeeze him into the boards to scrubb off his speed. A guy that size won't be able to accelerate with a guy your size (I hope)...so scrubbing off his speed and then skating away with the puck is your best option. In an open ice, or even full board check you are going to loose that battle and potentially look like a raquet ball shooting across the ice.

You don't need to lay the guy out. The goal is to get the puck. You should be able to hit him and disrupt his progress so that either you or a teammate can get the puck. I have several small guys on my team that routinely do this.

You don't need to lay the guy out. The goal is to get the puck. You should be able to hit him and disrupt his progress so that either you or a teammate can get the puck. I have several small guys on my team that routinely do this.

Good answer. A check is not to take someone's head off, it is to seperate him from the puck. If you tie the guy up and keep him from advancing or force him to do something he didn't want to do then your check worked.

kinda cheap but... if you can some how push him towards the boards when he hits the boards, slew(correct spelling???) foot him and it makes it look like he fell because he hit the boards

kinda cheap but... if you can some how push him towards the boards when he hits the boards, slew(correct spelling???) foot him and it makes it look like he fell because he hit the boards

classy

You start slew-footing guys at the higher levels, someone's going to take your head off. If you can't play without being cheap, take your skirt and go home.

My advice is to get low and keep your fee moving. I figure you will come up to be about waist high to him so try to skate through him and make him fall over you. If that doesn't work clip him to the side and try to make him spin out on the ice. But be careful don't brace yourself with open hands when near a board, thats how many break their arms. Also it would help to know your rings address, write it down and give it to the coach to keep near him just in case when he needs to call 911 (you might be in no condition to tell the address thats why you should give it to the coach) It seems the paramedics don't know where the ice rings are if you just tell them the name of the ring. (the get there but it takes them a few mins to figure out where it is, increasing response time)

Direct him or push him in the direct that you want to go...clearly if you make it a face to face collision, he will be picking you out from between his teeth.

If he has the puck and is skating in open ice, you have to get your body between his body and the puck. youn approach like a regular shoulder to shoulder check, but slide in front of him, and hit him in the chest with the back of your shoulder, you are in a way checking that long stick of his so that he will lose control of the puck.

If he is protecting the puck on the boards stay behind him with your knee between his legs. You won't be able to push him off of the puck in this position, but you will be able to prevent him from making a play...you could hold him up long enough for the reinforcements to arrive.

Final choice...don't play with guys that are that big!

You start slew-footing guys at the higher levels, someone's going to take your head off. If you can't play without being cheap, take your skirt and go home.

i play at a pretty high level and the player who i played against last year is the one who did it and i learned from and he is still playing at a high level and seems to be fine

i play at a pretty high level and the player who i played against last year is the one who did it and i learned from and he is still playing at a high level and seems to be fine

Being a cheap prick is not fine at any level.

Well, that makes sense considering your avatar... Nobody I know considers slew-footing anything more than bush league. Everything catches up with you eventually.

Good answer. A check is not to take someone's head off, it is to seperate him from the puck. If you tie the guy up and keep him from advancing or force him to do something he didn't want to do then your check worked.

I think too many players loose sight of this.

Did you make the Miramichi Timberwolves in the Maritimes Jr League? I heard you had a tryout.