Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hidious

The fight thread

I often feel the need to discuss hockey fights in the NHL, but the idea of creating a thread for every one of those stopped me. I had to try creating this thread tonight as there were 2 great fights already. I thought this could be some kind of thread to discuss fights we see during the rest of the season...

Tonigh, Donald Brashear vs Colton Orr: Oh my, have you seen Brashear crush this poor guy? Looked liked 2 different leagues in there, is Colton Orr considered a good fighter?

And, Mike Fischer vs Scott Walker: Great Fight! Those punches weren't that devastating but so many of em landed. Don't touch my goalie.

Walker was real classy at the end. Head butt, and a desperate last punch. He was pissed that Fischer went after him,,,but a head butt...no need for that. Good tilt either way, props to Fischer for stepping up. I didn't like how one of the TSN guys was calling Fischer out for wearing a visor, guys with visors will fight sometimes.

Tonigh, Donald Brashear vs Colton Orr: Oh my, have you seen Brashear crush this poor guy? Looked liked 2 different leagues in there, is Colton Orr considered a good fighter?

Fighting is the only thing that keeps Orr in the NHL.

I can't stand those with visors who fight. If you wear a visor and your gonna fight, show some class and take off your helmet before you start swinging. It drives me insane.

I said in the rags thread, Orr looked like he was holding his own at the start of that fight, then the Donald connected a sweet punch to the side of his head, and it was pretty much like a knockout, Orr just went limp, couple more punches, and he was down and out for the count

Better look at the KO punches in seconds 36-38, you can see where Orr just goes down under a couple of nice clips

I can't stand those with visors who fight. If you wear a visor and your gonna fight, show some class and take off your helmet before you start swinging. It drives me insane.

After seeing the injuries to Heatley, Koivu, and especially Berard, among others, I can't comprehend how any player would not wear a visor. I also don't understand why owners don't demand that their players wear visors. Look at the investment they make in each of these guys. I guess the point is moot anyway, when guys like Iginla and Phaneuf are wearing visors, you know the tide has turned forever.

Sure, if you've got time, dump the lid before a fight. But, if someone comes after you and throws a punch before you dump the lid (and that seems to be happening a lot lately), that's his problem.

Agreed on that point when there is no time. However, I've seen plenty of instances where someone with a visor is instigating a fight of course.

I've seen guys like Iginla take off the helmet if they have time and I think thats a good move.

In a perfect world I'd say everyone should have to square up and take off their helmets before a fight, that way noone breaks a hand on a helmet, and it would probably cut down on fighting as well.

I said in the rags thread, Orr looked like he was holding his own at the start of that fight, then the Donald connected a sweet punch to the side of his head, and it was pretty much like a knockout, Orr just went limp, couple more punches, and he was down and out for the count

Better look at the KO punches in seconds 36-38, you can see where Orr just goes down under a couple of nice clips

Thanks for the link! Haha, i loved the comments: "1-2-3, Goodnight"

I'd love to see the knuckle draggers gone. Don't get me wrong, I love a good scrap now and again but fighting shouldn't be the only thing that you can do.

After seeing the injuries to Heatley, Koivu, and especially Berard, among others, I can't comprehend how any player would not wear a visor. I also don't understand why owners don't demand that their players wear visors. Look at the investment they make in each of these guys. I guess the point is moot anyway, when guys like Iginla and Phaneuf are wearing visors, you know the tide has turned forever.

Sure, if you've got time, dump the lid before a fight. But, if someone comes after you and throws a punch before you dump the lid (and that seems to be happening a lot lately), that's his problem.

The NHLPA is still fighting against mandatory visors.

hockeyfights.com pretty sure most already know about it and visit it. im on there all the time. but for those who dont...check it out.

[/quote/]

hockeyfights.com is awesome. Its the second best website on the net

It's hard to say that if a guy wears a visor he shouldn't be fighting. As we all know being hockey players that anyone can really get mixed up or mad enough to fight , so I think it would be fairer to say that if they fight regularly such as a heavyweight visors shouldn't be there. But when you look at guys like fisher , Iginla and Phaneuf they are all playing 20 + minutes a night and only fight on occasion so visors are really just there for there personal safety when they are playing , not fighting in those 20 min every game.

It's hard to say that if a guy wears a visor he shouldn't be fighting. As we all know being hockey players that anyone can really get mixed up or mad enough to fight , so I think it would be fairer to say that if they fight regularly such as a heavyweight visors shouldn't be there. But when you look at guys like fisher , Iginla and Phaneuf they are all playing 20 + minutes a night and only fight on occasion so visors are really just there for there personal safety when they are playing , not fighting in those 20 min every game.

I completely agree

I completely agree

I third that. People who regularly fight shouldn't wear visors and if they do they should ditch the lid before they fight. There are a good chunk of the heavy weights who don't wear visors though which is good.

How about a fight between ex-Blues Captain Dallas Drake and lifetime-Blue Jamal Mayers...

Not a bad fight but Drake has a fucking visor on... what a tool.

How about a fight between ex-Blues Captain Dallas Drake and lifetime-Blue Jamal Mayers...

Too many fights where the players keep the visor on...They really have to make an effort to remove helmets before fighting (both guys, of course) if possible

Anyone see the line brawl between the sharks and yotes?