Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hidious

The fight thread

Oh man hook that is classic. Best part is towards the end when the guy in the white skates as hard as he possibly can to get away from the guy in the red who charges across the ice to get him.

I don't know that I've ever seen a fight where a whole line+ got absolutely dominated simultaneously. I mean wth, not ONE of them can fight? You'd think just by law of averages you'd get one guy that could hold his own.

Boogard got in his first fight in a long time last night vs Shelley

Also Avery vs Clarkson and May vs Barch happened last night

I believe this is from the LNAH. White team gets absolutely worked:

That was a pathetic display by the red boys if ever there was one.

"Say, let's goon it up on some guys who obviously aren't fighters. Make sure you get some good suckers in and shots when they're down."

No shit. The redshirt closest to the bottom of the screen perfectly times his initial ankle slash with the puck hitting the ice. Completely planned. And it seems fishy anyway. Refs don't seem to keen on breaking things up (granted I watched with no sound).

I believe this is from the LNAH. White team gets absolutely worked:

What a joke. The absolute worst that hockey has to offer.

No shit. The redshirt closest to the bottom of the screen perfectly times his initial ankle slash with the puck hitting the ice. Completely planned. And it seems fishy anyway. Refs don't seem to keen on breaking things up (granted I watched with no sound).

that was a extremely dirty slash, and a horrible to way to start a fight

The best was the dude who threatened with a stick, then 2 red boys rolled up on him to tell him what's what.

That is a toughy. I am against using your stick in any hockey fight what-so-ever. It is very very cheap. However, in this case I could see the argument that it is self defense. This kid in white who has a stick and is about to use it - what do you think is going through his mind? "O shit I'm about to get my ass pounded here, how do I get out of this".

I mean honestly if the red guys know that this kid is afraid to fight, why not choose another player on the white team to fight?

Again, I would never use a stick on somebody in a hockey fight. However in this case I can understand how it could be seen as self defense because he is almost being forced to fight.

If you were on the streets and a guy came up to you to fight and you clearly did not want to, wouldnt you use your hockey stick to beat his ass? Sure I would because its on the streets. But on the hockey rink its different because fighting is more tolerable, and using a weapon on the rink is dirty.

I think this is a confusing situation.

Pretty good fight last night between Cote and Laraque

Perfect example of the "wrong" kind of fight. Puck comes to Cote after the faceoff and he throws it out his way to fight. No liberty being avenged or cheap shot that needed to be addressed, just two guys who get 5 minutes of ice, adding to their PIM totals.

Barch got dealt a nice one hitter quitter.

The best part was on the Stars broadcast, Reaugh had just got done bragging of how smart a fighter Barch was.

haha he kind of had his chin sticking out. Didn't expect to get tagged. Carcillo's arms are a lot longer than people realize.

All the fighting turns into pushing and shoving. No one wants to take a major penalty. Plus in most instances, the tough guys don't get much, if any ice time in the playoffs.

That's why the playoffs are great. You have to have some skill to get on the ice. When the stakes are highest, players don't fight.

Since this is the fight thread, I have to ask what the hell is going on in the playoffs? No fights? Come on there has to be some hatred somewhere.

Even though there are no fights this playoffs, it is still a great one, very high intensity and exciting. Maybe later on in the playoffs there maybe more fights.