Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hidious

The fight thread

sorry to regurgitate this thread but damn this was a good punch

check it out if you have'nt seen it yet

Man I wish Parros could have had that kind of balance when he was on the Kings! he's turned into a damn good scrapper.

well after 45 seconds of a tough fight and taking a couple good shots i'd be really tired to. It's not cowardly its just bad endurance.

sorry to regurgitate this thread but damn this was a good punch

check it out if you have'nt seen it yet

Man I wish Parros could have had that kind of balance when he was on the Kings! he's turned into a damn good scrapper.

Parros has turned himself into a great fighter over the years probably one of the best in the nhl, but his balance could still use some work, usually when Parros loses a fight its because of bad balance.

well after 45 seconds of a tough fight and taking a couple good shots i'd be really tired to. It's not cowardly its just bad endurance.

I agree, but even though Downie was tired he should of stayed in there until the linsemen came in, Downie should have picked a better time to fight Ruutu rather then at the end of his shift.

I really want somebody to teach this Downie kid a lesson on how to be a fighter with integrity. Perhaps Aaron Downey of the Wings.

I think Downey wouldn't do much with Steve Downie, if you want someone to teach him a lesson it has to be a heavyweight like Orr, Boogard, Cote etc.

In Boulerices first game back he fought Peters, it was a pretty good fight but i would rather see Cote fight Peters instead if Boulerice

Côté and Roy yesterday, anyone? Roy won round one but got owned in the second !

I don't think Roy won he first one, i would call that one a draw, but the second fight was a clear win for Cote

link: http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/42156

Also the McGrattan vs Ivanans fight was really good as well, maybe one of the longest fights the whole year.

SportsCenter scored it 10-9, 10-8 Cote both rounds, but what the hell do they know about hockey?

SportsCenter scored it 10-9, 10-8 Cote both rounds, but what the hell do they know about hockey?

Hockey was on Sportscenter??? Maybe the NHL has turned a corner! Maybe mainstream media is embracing hockey for the beautiful game that it is! YES!!!

...Oh nevermind. They were just pimping us for some fight/injury footage again. They say all press is good press, but ESPN can shove it up their arses for all I care (Sorry, I just really hate ESPN).

Everyone knows boxing judges are corrupt.

Was down at the flyers game last night and Cote Roy was a battle for the first fight. Both guys got awesome shots in on each other but I would of probably given it a draw or to Roy. The second fight was unreal. Right infront of where I was sitting and Cote just leveled Roy with two lefts and Roys knees buckled and he went down like a bag of sand.

Watching the Devils play the Lightning right now, and they are talking about the Lighting sent Roy home. Apparently getting knocked out isnt enough, he now may be out of a job. They say his actions towards Cote after the second fight from the bench are what the issues are. I don't know what he did but it's not looking good for him.

not soo much. He's being disciplined. What no one seems to be talking about is how the flyers replayed the second fight numerous times, which is against NHL rules. That is apparently what pissed Roy off.

Holy crap, boyle just fought Parise... WTF?!

Saw that game thanks to hdnet.

Off topic, but I never have hockey on HDNet...occasionally, there is an Inside the NHL special...but never live hockey.

Saw that game thanks to hdnet.

Off topic, but I never have hockey on HDNet...occasionally, there is an Inside the NHL special...but never live hockey.

They only have games on thursday and saturday nights. still nothing on then?

not soo much. He's being disciplined. What no one seems to be talking about is how the flyers replayed the second fight numerous times, which is against NHL rules. That is apparently what pissed Roy off.

You're right, Roy is a homer and i know he's being disciplined... But his attitude, versus the Flyers... Does that show any discipline? It's the kind of behavior that ESPN will jump on for their highlights which is, i dunno... embarasing for the Lightning?

On another note, it kinda sends the message that the Flyers are succeeding at what they're trying to do... Pissing off their opponents.