Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hiub

Custom Glove Gallery

Hossa cuff along with the pinky and upper cuff being carbon... you can kinda see the carbon in the pic but it's a little hard to tell.

Edited by peck12

those are pretty sweet! who did you go through to get them?

Went through Total Hockey... from payment date to picking them up today was barely over 2 weeks. Crazy fast from what I was expecting.

peck12 - Nice gloves! Are those wide fit or narrow? They look like wides...

They're narrow fit, may just look wide from how they were shipped and since they're not broken in.

OK, palm question for Warrior's... I am getting close to ordering some (waiting for my holiday bonus so I can order two pairs).

I am coming from Eagle MSH2 and were wondering what the best palm would be from Warrior. Durability and thickness are not a huge concern to me. I find that MSH2 and Warrior's Nipple Grip are a perfect combination for me. There is not much resistance but still some. Hard to explain!

I also don't like palms that dry crusty...

I was originally going to get the Warrior's repalmed right away with MSH2, but that appears not to be an option anymore...

I believe the Mustang palm will be the best, but perhaps I am wrong???

Hate to go OT but my crappy LHS has told me it can't be done, but can any glove come without palms? I ask because I got a mint pair of 9500s and want to see about taking their palms and putting them on another glove.

Yes you are wrong; mustang will be too thick. Best bet IMO would be single layer nash, or, if you really want grip, go single layer digital, no overlays on either.

The only problem is that nash has a tendency to dry a little more stiff than the other palm options warrior has, and warrior doesn't offer digital on the customizer. So, since you mentioned you didn't want a stiff palm, I would (in my opinion) go with micronash without the overall or the mustang. I've order a bunch of custom pairs and have been very happy with all of them, so you really can't go wrong.

While I don't disagree with the fact that nash does dry stiffer than most palms, he is looking for something thin like MSH2. Nash will do that.

I'm certainly not a fan of Warrior's micronash. MIA bought so much of the material years ago that it came with the purchase and has been used ever since as they try and rid themselves of it.

There are many things not on their customizer that if you don't ask, you don't get. So, ask for it and you never know. I'd certainly ask for all digital, but, you need to take care of it if you get it. Mustang is going to be the most durable, but, will be thicker than any of the options listed.

Absolutely agree with the first comment (as is the case with most of the cuff customizations and palm/gusset options), and I've asked but wasn't able to get digital, but I've gotten it on some of my warrior pro stocks and its is awesome. Very nice palm.

As for the second comment, the warrior mustang palm is listed are their thinnest at .7-.8mm, and the nash is the thickest at .95mm. Even if their site is wrong or slightly off, which wouldn't surprise me, I've owned both (2 nash palms from 2009 and 2010, and 2 mustang from 2010) and the mustang is thinner and much softer.

Absolutely agree with the first comment (as is the case with most of the cuff customizations and palm/gusset options), and I've asked but wasn't able to get digital, but I've gotten it on some of my warrior pro stocks and its is awesome. Very nice palm.

As for the second comment, the warrior mustang palm is listed are their thinnest at .7-.8mm, and the nash is the thickest at .95mm. Even if their site is wrong or slightly off, which wouldn't surprise me, I've owned both (2 nash palms from 2009 and 2010, and 2 mustang from 2010) and the mustang is thinner and much softer.

I've never had a problem with Warrior giving me whatever option that I've asked for, just as long as I was willing to pay for it. Digital palms included. I have them on two pairs of customs and all I had to do was pay for a premium palm and request that they substitute digital for it in the note section. Changing the cuff to a Hossa or a Savard-like cuff was the same way. So was getting a color - like Vancouver's. Warrior has always been very willing to work with me and give me whatever option I wanted. I always scratch my head when people say they have trouble getting what they want.

SubliTWILL & uclahockey707 -

Although I do love how thin MSH2 is, my main concern is that the new palm having the same resistance characteristics as MSH2 when using Nipple Grip sticks.

When I used Vapor XXXX Pro's in the past, I did not like how the nash leather felt with grip sticks. They were not Warrior grip sticks, but none the less.

The second primary concern is that the palm dries soft. I love that aspect of MSH2.

Third is how thin it is. I can deal with a slightly thicker palm if it gives me the above two.

From the research I have done, people seem to recommend the Micro Nash or the Mustang palm from Warrior.

Thanks for the tips! I spray my gloves with Stink Out after every use and try them with a Shock Doctor HD blower with no heat. Very "religious" on that process. I also use Tacki-Mac grips so there is no residue on my palms from tape.

I think I might just order one pair of customs to start with, likely with the Mustang palms. Might be the smarter bet than "blindly" spending $600-$800 on two sets and getting two pairs that are not what I wanted.

Just a simple question beyond the cuff (standard or Hossa) what are the other options that are available but not a part of the customizer?

That's what I am wondering.

I've never had a problem with Warrior giving me whatever option that I've asked for, just as long as I was willing to pay for it. Digital palms included. I have them on two pairs of customs and all I had to do was pay for a premium palm and request that they substitute digital for it in the note section. Changing the cuff to a Hossa or a Savard-like cuff was the same way. Warrior has always been very willing to work with me and give me whatever option I wanted. I always scratch my head when people say they have trouble getting what they want.

I have Savard's Eagles from his days with the Thrashers. is this the Savard cuff that you're talking about?

SavardEagles.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

A Morris Winter Classic Warrior, Savard B's Glove, and a custom one I had made in Vancouver blue, with a white pinky stripe, and a digital palm. I asked for the Savard cuff. I think it came out a little more like the Morris Glove, as the Savard is slightly shorter in the cuff.

IMG_0608.jpg

Same gloves flipped over

IMG_0280.jpg

And a comparison between a standard 14 inch franchise and the Savard glove.

And a comparison between a standard 14 inch franchise and the Savard glove.

gotcha. do you find the fingers on the Savard to be shorter? the fingers on the Eagles are tiny. pretty much the only reason I can wear them since I normally wear a 13" in Warriors and a PPFi in Eagles.

gotcha. do you find the fingers on the Savard to be shorter? the fingers on the Eagles are tiny. pretty much the only reason I can wear them since I normally wear a 13" in Warriors and a PPFi in Eagles.

Mine were in good shape, but broken in. I didn't find the fingers to be shorter.