Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mwerth

Pro Equipment Sales

That's me. Was that you who came up to check out the S17? I think the sale didn't disappoint me per say, but neither did it surprise me. There were quite many pairs of brand new CCM and RBK gloves there though, which was kind of unusual. And lots and lots of shells, though they were of the old Navy color, which I prefer anyways. No visors that I could spot, and the apparels were mediocre at best....

Oh, and I just looked up the local Craigslist. By 11AM, someone already listed a bunch of stuff they bought at the sale for re-sale. Asking close to $180 for a used stick.....description said they were used "twice", yeah right, who the hell can tell how many times they were used......

I had a Salo Stealth in my hands along with the other three that I bought, just trying to decide whether to keep both Miller Ti Pro or not, and this guy came up to me and asked if I was going to keep it. I made my mind up and gave him the Stealth.... lo and behold, that's the Stealth that is being sold on CL.....

That's me. Was that you who came up to check out the S17? I think the sale didn't disappoint me per say, but neither did it surprise me. There were quite many pairs of brand new CCM and RBK gloves there though, which was kind of unusual. And lots and lots of shells, though they were of the old Navy color, which I prefer anyways. No visors that I could spot, and the apparels were mediocre at best....

Oh, and I just looked up the local Craigslist. By 11AM, someone already listed a bunch of stuff they bought at the sale for re-sale. Asking close to $180 for a used stick.....description said they were used "twice", yeah right, who the hell can tell how many times they were used......

I had a Salo Stealth in my hands along with the other three that I bought, just trying to decide whether to keep both Miller Ti Pro or not, and this guy came up to me and asked if I was going to keep it. I made my mind up and gave him the Stealth.... lo and behold, that's the Stealth that is being sold on CL.....

I wouldn't be surprised with all the Navy colored shells since I doubt they're ever going to use them again. The shell I picked up for another member on here was brand new in the royal blue and it has "NASLUND" stitched on the inside... maybe it's a sign of things to come?

As for visors I don't know why they didn't sell it. I talked with the stock guy from the Team Store and he says they were just disposing them along with the used helmets.

I also picked up a sample jersey... in the old Orca color scheme with "YOUR NAME" #30 on the back.

and I wasn't the white guy that came up to you about the S17. I did talk to a few other MSHers though.

hi, back from the Canucks sale and pretty disappointed. I'm not a season ticket holder so can only go in at 10am. All sticks are gone before the 10am crowd can go in. Tons of the old Navy themed stuff. I was hoping to get some RBK edge socks but none available.

I can only pick up a pair of fairly good condition RBK gloves (new color) 14" and a Bauer Shoulder Pad that Trevor used.

Does anyone grap an extra pant shell of the new color? I would like to buy from you or trade.

I was at the Nucks sale this morning and got in with a STH. Like said before, the RH sticks were in one rack compared to the LH which were in 2 or 3. I still managed to get a pretty good load, but disapointed there were no Shannon SE's that I could see.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r29/Dou...ucksSale001.jpg

I bought: Edler XXXX gloves, Miller Response Lite, Rypien Sickick 7V*, Naslund navy pant shell and a pair of white practice socks.

dez, there were only 3 shells in the new color. One was brand new, one was slightly used and one was beat.

and dougie8, I managed to snag a Shannon SE for a buddy of mine. If he doesn't pay me back for it this week I have another person who's interested in it. If both of them don't want it in the end I'll let you know if you're interested.

Pretty sure I saw Chanimal at the sale.

Picked up the Josh Green blade, and gotta say I'm pretty impressed by the lightness and the feel of the blade. at $15, i kinda wish i bought another one.

dez, there were only 3 shells in the new color. One was brand new, one was slightly used and one was beat.

and dougie8, I managed to snag a Shannon SE for a buddy of mine. If he doesn't pay me back for it this week I have another person who's interested in it. If both of them don't want it in the end I'll let you know if you're interested.

Yeah for sure, let me know.

Thanks

I was standing in line and someone threw me a pair of Morrison One90 gloves.. didn't need em and for $75 they didn't have much palm left.

Picked up an authentic jersey for $50 though

Anyone have an idea of when the Wings are gonna have any type of pro equipment sale? I just moved here to Michigan from California and have never been to a pro equipment sale before, sounds fun.

They don't.

Michigan holds one every year, you missed it by a month.

Unless the Wings changed their tune, they have one at the end of the season. I went last year, not a bad sale. There's a decent amount of equipment and especially sticks, for good prices depending on the player and whether or not it's signed. I can't remember when it was exactly last year, maybe early June or something. You'll have to keep posted to the Wings' site or call Hockeytown Authentics but I'd be surprised to see it any earlier than late June.

i believe the hartford wolfpack (rangers ahl team) have their sale this saturday, the 31st, at the xl center. ive never been so i couldnt tell you what to expect at all.

Long time reader, first time poster.

I was just wondering for the guys that hit up the Canucks equipment sale last weekend or if anyone else on this board would know who would have the nickname "Mr. Potatoe head" on their stick since a friend of mine picked up a Stealth CNT for me. Thanks.

Latest I've heard on the caps sale is that it will be on the saturday that the prospect camp concludes. Prospect camp runs July 7-12, so Saturday July 12th.

Not set in stone yet, but will confirm for sure when I hear for certain

I was just wondering for the guys that hit up the Canucks equipment sale last weekend or if anyone else on this board would know who would have the nickname "Mr. Potatoe head" on their stick since a friend of mine picked up a Stealth CNT for me. Thanks.

Maybe Alex Burrows got the nick after this story about him and Downey.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2008/02/al...d_mr_potat.html

Unless the Wings changed their tune, they have one at the end of the season. I went last year, not a bad sale. There's a decent amount of equipment and especially sticks, for good prices depending on the player and whether or not it's signed. I can't remember when it was exactly last year, maybe early June or something. You'll have to keep posted to the Wings' site or call Hockeytown Authentics but I'd be surprised to see it any earlier than late June.

They had theirs for two days last year lot of sticks and jersey's, They will not have it until the season is over. IT will be posted on their website.

Maybe Alex Burrows got the nick after this story about him and Downey.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2008/02/al...d_mr_potat.html

What hand is the stick? The only person who I think used CNT's was Raymond if it was LH and Salo if it was RH but who knows there were lots of sticks there that people would never use in games.

hmm does anyone live near hawkquaters and maybe go see if you can get me a pair of patrick sharps vapor xxxx gloves? please it would be real nice of you. p.m. iif you can, got money ready to send .