Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

NHL 09

Yeah, you'd probably remember the game ha

We went up 2-0 on a slapshot from the point then an across the crease pass. 2-1 for the next period and a half, then PP glitch goal by dangles with about 50 seconds left. We won it on a slapshot from the wing with 1.1 left.

It was funny before the game though. We use AK Bars jerseys also. We always say we'll play for the jerseys if we run into another team. We said it, we got laughed at.

hah yeah, that was probably the guy that was spun on about 20x in that game.

my team's bi-polar though. we beat pretty much every d1 team we play, lose to d20 teams. so we jump up then fall hard.

I'm up like 400 games now, I honestly didn't know what I was doing the first 100 or so. I was definitely the defenseman that tried to hit people at the line.

DRAGON FORCE had been the only top team we hadn't played before tonight. Wow. If the few teams ahead of them can't adjust to the patch, this team is taking some money home.

I suck with this new patch..I cant score for shit it seems.

On another note, how about the boards with the big red advertisements with cheats on them.. It says wrap around to the far side and pick up that Sabrina Lehbda goalie chick..

Anyone know when the update is coming out for 360? I keep getting that "can't read disc" error and I have to clear my cache 2-3 times to get it to work. Annoying as hell.

Anyone know when the update is coming out for 360? I keep getting that "can't read disc" error and I have to clear my cache 2-3 times to get it to work. Annoying as hell.

I had to update yesterday when I started up the game, I assumed that was it. My shots seemed to be going wide and inaccurate so I assumed that was it.

I'm about ready to quit my Be A Pro. I simmed through an entire year (got picked up on waivers by Pitts), so I signed in the off-season with Detroit. Around 30 games in the minors and I have nearly 2 ppgs, and I still haven't gotten called up. Three other forwards have been called up in front of me, its bullshit. I'm so sick of the politics of pro hockey.

Detroit is old as shit; no one gets called up. I haven't played my BAP in at least a month out of sheer boredom. Besides, it's GOW2 time.

Starting out in Detroit it took me 20 games to get called up. I signed with the Caps and I'm 2/3 through season 2. I'll probably tank starting next year and sim until I get moved on waivers, but I've got 3 years on the contract.

After 1.6 seasons and one off season most of the teams aren't recognizable, and the retirement list was something like 90 players. Detroit pretty much had half the team retire after we won the cup.

It seems the game is geared toward playing out 5 or more seasons to where you'd be really great... but simulating makes you suck hard and there's nothing but playing games and upgrading your player in BAP. It's just not that exciting to play a few hundred very similar games.

I don't think the game has much value to me anymore, the thrill of the first season is gone and the game isn't good enough to keep playing really. I don't have the patience for online play, either, too many people who devote more than an hourevery few days drags the skill level way too high for me to enjoy or deal with bastard 13 year olds.

I'll agree with that I'm entering my 2nd playoffs and I'm not enjoying it anymore, just going through the motions. I think with more experiance points up for grabs and better contracts it'd be better.

My friend had an interesting idea yesterday, he said having a player radar would make the game better it would help with offsides when you can't see the other man and could help when the dodgy camera work crops up, maybe even have its strength relating to the players awareness skills or something. Mehh I dunno, still be nice to see what they bring in for NHL10.

I'll agree with that I'm entering my 2nd playoffs and I'm not enjoying it anymore, just going through the motions. I think with more experiance points up for grabs and better contracts it'd be better.

My friend had an interesting idea yesterday, he said having a player radar would make the game better it would help with offsides when you can't see the other man and could help when the dodgy camera work crops up, maybe even have its strength relating to the players awareness skills or something. Mehh I dunno, still be nice to see what they bring in for NHL10.

Clutch games, rivalries, etc. If they want to focus on the player you need to do a lot more. Make practice actually count for stuff, and enhanced abilities like player vision would be great. I think they need to add in more AI to your team, have them ask for the puck to be fed in the slot just as you can ask, just have their player shadow/cirlce thing glow and have an audible. I hear calls for line changes but I can't ever tell if it's for me, defense or the other team, they should try and improve that too.

Right now it feels very detached. Scoring 7 goals in a shutout game with all A+ ratings can get you 12 points per category, and I've had a blowout loss the other way with A and B grades and got 19-21 points per category. I just don't see where EA is getting most of this stuff.

And the goalie mode needs a LOT of work.

I'll agree. While BAP was awesome at first, I'm only a little into the second year and it does seem like going through the motions as mentioned. In fact, I like playing the traditional way where you control every player alot more now, although it seems playing someone else in the living room is by far the most fun way to play.

Com'on guys, you're killing me here. I've been waiting for two months to play this game and you're all saying you're sick of it? I'm only 6 days away from being home and ripping up BAP or EASHL and now I hear it's boring? Bah, it can't be that bad...

It's not that bad, there's just not enough depth to it. It's too bad EA didn't add in more interesting things to do during the off-season, like contract negotiations, or hold-outs, or requesting a trade, etc, etc. And like Rustpot said, it'd be nice if there were other things to do like have practices that give extra experience. It would be cool to do like skating drills or shooting drills and get a few experience points for it, so you could make your player better outside of playing games. I'm hoping they'll add more stuff for next year. Didn't the Superstar mode in Madden have a lot of extra things you could do like that?

I'm hoping for next year that they revamp your team-mates AI as well. In Be a Pro mode they just aren't worth a damn most of the time.

I share the equipment sentiment. Hope they have more updated stuff for 09, and have better color options on goalie stuff.

It's like any other sports game. After you've played it for a few weeks it's the same thing. You learn the tricks, you get tired of the same mindless thing over and over, etc. Just don't play it nonstop and it'll be enjoyable all the way through NHL '10 :lol:

It's not that bad, there's just not enough depth to it. It's too bad EA didn't add in more interesting things to do during the off-season, like contract negotiations, or hold-outs, or requesting a trade, etc, etc. And like Rustpot said, it'd be nice if there were other things to do like have practices that give extra experience. It would be cool to do like skating drills or shooting drills and get a few experience points for it, so you could make your player better outside of playing games. I'm hoping they'll add more stuff for next year. Didn't the Superstar mode in Madden have a lot of extra things you could do like that?

I'm hoping for next year that they revamp your team-mates AI as well. In Be a Pro mode they just aren't worth a damn most of the time.

Yes the Maddens have this. I know I don't go through a single game on my franchise team before training 3 players beforehand. In under a season you can create an absolutely unstoppable RB/OL.

that happened to me on 08 and i was basically screwed until 09 came out.. im guessing its 360 your talking about.. if it is try saving it to the hard drive so you wont have to deal with the disc

that happened to me on 08 and i was basically screwed until 09 came out.. im guessing its 360 your talking about.. if it is try saving it to the hard drive so you wont have to deal with the disc

Saving it to the hard drive still requires the disc for some reason, I tried that so I wouldn't have to swap discs as often.

There was a fix posted where you clear your HDD cache- worked for me, no troubles since.

EA NHL Hockey 3-on-3 coming to XBL Arcade and PSN

exclusive-ea-developing-3-on-3-nhl-arcade--20081204112258959-000.jpg

exclusive-ea-developing-3-on-3-nhl-arcade--20081204112302365-000.jpg

Electronic Arts is poised to officially announce tomorrow that 3 on 3 NHL Arcade, an all-new downloadable hockey experience, is currently under development at EA Canada by the same team that produced NHL 09 and will be available on Xbox LIVE and the Playstation Network in February of 2009. 3 on 3 NHL Arcade promises to provide a lightning-paced, no rules hockey experience that gamers of all ages and ability levels can enjoy, and will be priced at 800 MS Points and $9.99 respectively.

Players will be able to compete against friends one-on-one online, or with up to three players on each side (three players on one console can play against three players on another console) engaging in three-on-three mayhem. Of course, 3 on 3 NHL Arcade will also feature the ranked and unranked online contests that gamers have come to expect from EA Sports.

anyone else's game saying "disc unreadable"?

Yes, it's a pain in the ass. Everytime I want to play the game, I have to eject the disc, clear my cache through the dashboard, then put the disc back in and re-download the update. And sometimes I have to do this 4-5 times to get it to work...it's extremely frustrating and I have no other problems with any other games. The update was supposed to fix this bug but it didn't.