Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

2009 Washington Capitals thread

Anyone see Varlamov's new mask? There is a video on CAPS365 that details it. Very similar to Neurvith's mask, half AHL/NHL and their nickname along the bottom.

Yeah it looked really sharp. It will be interesting to see what kind of games the Caps bring tonight.

Recent trend of playing good defense in 3 of the last 4 or coming out slow because the played great the other night.

I am really hoping for a high scoring game from our O to snap this recent trend of 2 goal games.

Quintin Laing has been recalled for tonight. HE was only cleared to play last week after being out with an injury. He played great up here last year, a shot blocking machine. And was very well liked by the team. I'm hoping for nothing but good things for him. Real warrior, never gave up on making it to the league, knows what he has to do to stay with the big team, and gives up the body every night to do it.

Also, Varlamov will start tonight

Wow, Quintin Lang. He really is a true heart and soul player, one I am extremely happy to have back with the big club. Do you know what his injury was?

Wow, Quintin Lang. He really is a true heart and soul player, one I am extremely happy to have back with the big club. Do you know what his injury was?

I believe it as Knee or Hip "lower body injury". I am very glad hes back up. Dude definitely deserved games in the NHL level.

Varly played great. OV got his 50th.. his stick is just too hot to handle.. :lol: Green got hurt too i think. Anyone know what shoulder it was last time? it seemed to be his left arm/shoulder as he left the ice.

Varly played great. OV got his 50th.. his stick is just too hot to handle.. :lol: Green got hurt too i think. Anyone know what shoulder it was last time? it seemed to be his left arm/shoulder as he left the ice.

they showed it again, he and stamkos collided, stamkos fell, then grabbed greens arm, and pulled him down on top of him.

I don't know what the hell he was thinking dragging him down like that

Last time it was Green's right. Now it is his left it appears. Great game by Stamkos too, nice to see him catching form finally.

Caps beat reporter is saying Green said he got the wind knocked out of him and that's all.

Don't know how I feel about Ovie's 50th celebration. It was obviously to get back to Cherry but I think those kinds of celebrations should be left at home ice.

It was a dick move celebration. I don't think he deserved the criticizm for his normal celebration, but I don't like the pre-planned thing.

But it was obviously to get at cherry, he said as much in the post game. Probably because Cherry took credit for a toned down celbrations week prior to it

God damnit, already...

Quintin Laing out for the remainder of the season

http://capitals.nhl.com/team/app/?service=...rticleid=414627

Caps left wing Quintin Laing suffered a torn spleen during Thursday night’s game with the Tampa Bay Lightning. He was admitted to a local Tampa hospital, and a Caps team official will stay in the area with him. Laing will be monitored on a continuous basis, and will remain in the area until he has been cleared to travel.

Laing, 29, was recalled from AHL Hershey earlier in the day on Thursday. He had nine goals and 25 points in 55 games with the Bears this season. Thursday’s game with the Lightning was Laing’s first with Washington this season. He had a goal and six points in 39 games with the Capitals last season.

I didnt really care for the pre-planned celebration, but i like seeing him celebrate. I like seeing more emotion and i guess 'flash'. But im also one of the people that love TO and Ocho cinco. Either way i'll still watch him play to see what he does, whether its before or after a goal...

I'm with the majority; I think it was merely a middle finger to Cherry. I don't think he'll be doing that routinely, at least i hope not...

Pretty obvious once he did it.

In my opinion, Cherry deserves a public middle finger. Not necessarily for his comments on the celebrations, but for his comment that he would never want to build a team around Ovie. It would be an honor to play with him. He makes everyone around him better. His passion is contagious.

With all that said...one celebration like that is all he needs to do to prove his point. Now back to the normal crashing into the glass!

Anyone else not a fan of Green's careless retaliation that gave us a 4-4 rather than a 5-4? Then to top it off he is in the box for most of the 5-3 when we pulled Theo. I don't understand what goes through this guys' head when we're down with 2:30 to play.

I don't understand why the Canes didn't get 4 on that one. He totally hit Green twice before Green said "that's enough". I can't stand homer ref calls. Put yourself in that situation. A guy cross-checks you in the neck...then takes two shots at you. I can't say I would have responded differently.

Can't remember who it was but he just goaded Green into the 2 for roughing. Sure there should've been more assessed to the Cane player IMO but I wish Green wouldn't put himself in the box. So your pride gets roughed up a bit, cry about it.

Can't remember who it was but he just goaded Green into the 2 for roughing. Sure there should've been more assessed to the Cane player IMO but I wish Green wouldn't put himself in the box. So your pride gets roughed up a bit, cry about it.

Agreed with both posts. The Canes player definitely should've gotten an extra 2 but Greenie has to just take it as much as it sucks.

I am really sick of the bad reffing. Flash for diving? Come on its ridiculous lately.

If your going to bad be at least consistent the whole game.

hsc23, the girl from CheapSeats posted last night in reference to all your points, may want to go check it out.

- I’d prefer not to play any more games in which Bill McCreary is the ref.
Haha.
- Speaking of officiating, the Caps certainly took their share of earned penalties but there were a few that were questionable, particularly the “dive” by Fleischmann. It looked more like he just lost his balance, probably helped by but not directly caused by the “trip” that was also called. Pretty weak call, especially on a guy who for all his faults doesn’t exactly have a rep as a diver.

- That ultimately will bring up the whole question over why refs still call a penalty when they assess that someone has taken a dive, so for those who are still confused now seems like a good time to go over it. They’re not mutually exclusive; one player could still have tried to trip a guy, even if the other player makes it look worse than it was. So it comes down to whether a ref thinks that a) the initial trip/hook/hold/etc is legitimate and B) the other player tried to sell it. If the answer to both is yes, they call both. Not sure why that always stymies fans, but it does.

I agree on the second half, but I do think Flash's flop was a complete attempt to get on the PP. No offence to Flash, as we needed everything we could get, but I still don't understand why if Flash dove that the Cane player has to serve for tripping as well. Even through the eyes of adie-hard Caps fan, I'm pretty sure the defenceman's stick just tapped Flash on the thigh. No need for a tripping call. Seems wrong.

For anyone looking for the update, Brash took pre-morning skate skate in a warmup suit, so it looks like he is out again.

Bradley and Semin are not skating this morning. They both have the flu and Gabby said they are iffy for tomorrow against the leafs

Bourque is staying up for another game it looks like. But if both Brads and Semin are out (others are apparently sick too, but they won't say as they are expecting to play), there will be another callup from Hershey