Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

2009 Washington Capitals thread

trying to stir the pot eh?

i'm sure you could find a highlight like that for almost any player in the league if you looked.

i just meant it was nice to see all the superstar players just playing - instead of in each others faces.

morrison was terrible once again and green

morrison got completly turned around on the goal by guerin pathetic defensive play yesterday the top d line wasnt taking the body juice and erskine played good but green needs to be sat and morrison needs to be sent down

on a positive note looks like pothiers doin well

and also the caps made the right move not getting anyone at the trade deadline

oh man he did play lol

major brain fart there but yeah

anyone wonderin why they sent down kronwall i thought he played very well

Only one we could send down and not risk of losing. Schultz played over his 160th NHL game I believe which means he would have to pass through waivers if he was sent down.

Great game yesterday, too bad the Pens didnt play like that when I drove my ass all the way to DC!! LOL! Very entertaining though, I was thoroughly sloshed. A playoff matchup would be insane!

and also the caps made the right move not getting anyone at the trade deadline

We can't say anything for sure right now. Hell, we're mired in a four game losing streak.

trying to stir the pot eh?

i'm sure you could find a highlight like that for almost any player in the league if you looked.

i just meant it was nice to see all the superstar players just playing - instead of in each others faces.

Just playin'. Caps owned us this year.

Great game yesterday, too bad the Pens didnt play like that when I drove my ass all the way to DC!! LOL! Very entertaining though, I was thoroughly sloshed. A playoff matchup would be insane!

Yeah I mean even given our "great history" of playing the Pens in the playoffs I would love to see this series. Both teams definitely took it up a notch on Sunday. I definitely think I got my value out of that game.

It was also nice to not see as many pens fans as I am use to seeing. But you all really need to ditch those powder blues haha. :P

And I think its pretty apparent not getting someone at the deadline is a BIG mistake and pretty evident based on the losing streak and the lack of grit Caps have.

I don't know why Brooksy thinks he is a dangler as of late. Get your ass infront of the net. Get some garbage goals.

Caps seem to avoid the slot/crease a lot when losing.

Caps seem to avoid the slot/crease a lot when losing.

I think you could say that about lots of teams this year - that was part of the pens problem all year with them losing malone, and then look what happens - guerin stands in front of theodore and screens him = instant goal for gonchar...

Brooksy thinks he is a dangler as of late.

I've felt like he always thought he was. Good god if I see that goddamned 'can-opener' (thank you Craig Laugh-lin) move in the shootout ever again I'm going to go insane. Brooskie needs to dump the puck in ala Matt Bradley. How many times this year has he gotten the puck simply stripped right at the offensive blue line? Too many to count.

Brooksy thinks he is a dangler as of late.

I've felt like he always thought he was. Good god if I see that goddamned 'can-opener' (thank you Craig Laugh-lin) move in the shootout ever again I'm going to go insane. Brooskie needs to dump the puck in ala Matt Bradley. How many times this year has he gotten the puck simply stripped right at the offensive blue line? Too many to count.

HA!!! LMAO!!!!!! I completely agree!

Gauthier can be very effective however out that long might not be the remedy the caps need on the d-corps. To be honest I am a Buffalo boy and really don't feel Dale Cheap Shot Hunter and his cronies but it would be a real shot in the arm for hockey in this area if the Caps made a decent run.

The East is wide open so why not the Caps? Would prefer them to arrogant Boston and obnoxious Philly

hockeysc23 and who it may concern,

Japer's Rink just put together a nice piece defending Schultz (your favorite I know). Even I was suprised by some of the stats and points Japer made.

http://www.japersrink.com/2009/3/10/782480...arge-from-the-s

Well I don't think there was much evidence there to support why he is playing for the Caps this year. Comparing him to a subpar D core is not one that stands out in my mind.

My problem and a lot of Caps fans is not that we think he is a bust its just he is not ready for the amount of minutes he gets in the NHL.

If he was playing down in Hershey working on his skills and learning how to utilize his big size I wouldn't have any problems with Schultzy. But hes playing top 4 minutes, hasn't been sat down despite bad outlet passes and turnovers at the blueline where other players are held accountable.

His weaknesses seem to be magnified because of the amount of PK time he gets. A defenseman on the PK needs to play with an edge which is not his style.

Wow, the beatings the Predators have given the Caps is nice. Brashear by Belak and then Tootoo on Bradley(?). Let's go Predleys.

Wow, the beatings the Predators have given the Caps is nice. Brashear by Belak and then Tootoo on Bradley(?). Let's go Predleys.

brashear got rocked. I dont think ive ever seen him go down like that. And Bradley bled all over the place. I dont think he'll hit Tootoo from behind anymore...

Beautiful to see Erskine drop the gloves. Toughness on the backline? Jurcina and Erskine are finally showing their teeth, something we NEED heading into April.