Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

2009 Washington Capitals thread

Jeff Schultz will be the healthy scratch tonight on D.

Now who's going to screen Jose for Tampa?

Osala and Aucoin have been called up and both look like they are starting according to Tarik, meaning Semin and Brash are out. Tarik also reported seeing semin leave practice yesterday with a pronounced limp, which is to me, worse news than having a flu.

Our friend gave us tickets for tonight, great tickets, section 228, which is almost center ice, row b and end row too (1&2)

SWEET

ugh. I was hoping Brash would be in the lineup tonight to police the game. I don't expect anything to happen, but ya never know.

I hope Shultz is scratched the rest of the season...

Tocchet : "You want to do it, do it by their bench. Sure, you like to see players react, but reacting is beating Washington and playing abrasive. It's not being stupid. That's the way I coach. Just play hard. Washington's got our number and we've got to see if we can win a game. They've spanked us pretty good this year."

So far it looks like TBL is playing a pretty stupid game. Hard, maybe. But stupid.

Tocchet : "You want to do it, do it by their bench. Sure, you like to see players react, but reacting is beating Washington and playing abrasive. It's not being stupid. That's the way I coach. Just play hard. Washington's got our number and we've got to see if we can win a game. They've spanked us pretty good this year."

So far it looks like TBL is playing a pretty stupid game. Hard, maybe. But stupid.

One of the dirtiest games I've seen in a long time.

you see the slew foot that Pothier took going to the net in the third.... last thing he needs is to bang his head on something stupid like that. Nice that he ended up wtih the GWG though

A bit off topic- but I thought this might be a good spot for it (although I know it's similar to another thread in hockey equipment...)

Anyone know when the Caps equipment sale is? Hoping it's before I leave the DC area.

A bit off topic- but I thought this might be a good spot for it (although I know it's similar to another thread in hockey equipment...)

Anyone know when the Caps equipment sale is? Hoping it's before I leave the DC area.

Last year it was in July, they have a "hockeyfest" where they do the equipment sale and a bunch of hockey related promos, all ending with the rookie game. It's for the kids who were drafted in June, they come here for the week, and hockeyfest is the weekend of their end of camp, and they have a game

Yeah- Remember it being in the summer time but I guess I was just hoping it'd be before I left the DC area. Thanks.

Also getting pumped for DC hosting frozen four. I'll be in the nosebleeds baby!

Yeah- Remember it being in the summer time but I guess I was just hoping it'd be before I left the DC area. Thanks.

Also getting pumped for DC hosting frozen four. I'll be in the nosebleeds baby!

Where at? I am in 417 close to the front.

If the weather holds up through lunchtime in NYC and Philly, it looks like I'll be at the game on Friday. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up for a beer.

If the weather holds up through lunchtime in NYC and Philly, it looks like I'll be at the game on Friday. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up for a beer.

Damn, I sold my tickets because I need to house/dog sit. The only sitting im gonna be doing is in front of their 60"+ HDTV.

Damn, I sold my tickets because I need to house/dog sit. The only sitting im gonna be doing is in front of their 60"+ HDTV.

One of the guys on my team and a buddy of his from work are planning to go and I'm just hitching a ride if I get back in time.

So, a win tonight against the sabres and the caps win the division.

Also, anyone watching sportsnight/sportsday last night or this morning.

Ovechkin and lebron james met at the wiz/cavs game last night, ovie gave him a signed jersey.

Ovechkin was near crying talking about it after. Big fan I'm guessing, although he is bound to be into basketball, his mother was called the female michael jordan back in Russia

Tarik reporting that Boudreau is going back to similar lines to last years playoffs, wonder if it will stick like this for the next few games.

lines tonight

Ovechkin-Fedorov-Kozlov

Semin-Backstrom-Laich

Flash-Aucoin-Fehr

Steckel-Nylander-Bradley

Erskine is the odd man out on D, to get Pothier more ice time. Boudreau said he spoke to the D a couple of weeks back, and said they would all have to sit a game or two, so Potsy can get back up to game speed before the playoffs, it's not performance based, it's a rotation. That seems to be holding true, as it was Juice last game, Sarge the game before

Tonights D looks like

Mo-Green

Poti-Juice

Sarge-Potsy

If Backstrom gets one more point, it will mean the top 4 caps point getters (ovechkin, semin, green, backstrom) all finish with at least 82 points, so a point per game average. No other team in the league has 4 PPG players at the minute.

If Backstrom gets one more point, it will mean the top 4 caps point getters (ovechkin, semin, green, backstrom) all finish with at least 82 points, so a point per game average. No other team in the league has 4 PPG players at the minute.

Wow. Quite the stat.

I hope Erskine being sat tonight doesn't hurt his game. He has (all honesty) been my favortie player on the ice that last half dozen games. Stepping in to fit Brashear's role, solid defence, he's doing it all.