Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allsmokenopancake

2009 Washington Capitals thread

I haven't been following the Caps at all, but no Backstrom? Is he being Jason Blake'd?

Just me spacing, He was dropped from the first line because he was not in game condition when he arrived back, but he is still in the lineup

So im turning 20 in december. and for my birthday im going to see the Caps vs Isls like 4th row. Ive fallen in love with the caps n have half my room covered in THN pictures ripped out lol. (last issue had green/OV on cover btw) Anyway, the point of this is that i wanna get a caps jersey n was wondering if its stupid to get a federov jersey seeing as he might not be back. should i just go for a green instead?

you could go all out and get an Ovi jersey, because I read somewhere hes staying there for a few more seasons as well.. :rolleyes:

So im turning 20 in december. and for my birthday im going to see the Caps vs Isls like 4th row. Ive fallen in love with the caps n have half my room covered in THN pictures ripped out lol. (last issue had green/OV on cover btw) Anyway, the point of this is that i wanna get a caps jersey n was wondering if its stupid to get a federov jersey seeing as he might not be back. should i just go for a green instead?

I personally would get a Fedorov jersey just because hes my favorite player but he prob. doesn't have more than 1-2 years left. If you want someone who's going to be around longer I'd say go with Green or Semin. Or if you want to be really original you could get an Ovechkin jersey...

On page 76 of the 2008-09 gear thread, I posted a picture of Nylander with two different colored gloves. Anybody know why that might be?

There are people who still wear Feds jerseys to Red Wing games. If he's your favorite player then why not get a jersey of him?

Ovechkin is out of the game against the preds tomorrow night. He has gone back to Russia to be with his sick grandfather.

I was at practice this morning, Laich was on the top line with backstrom and kozlov.

Here is an article to go along with what Allsmoke said... I guess this may be a reason he is in a bit of a slump.

ARLINGTON, Va. (AP)—Alex Ovechkin will miss at least one game while in Russia to spend time with his ailing grandfather.

The NHL’s reigning MVP caught a flight home Monday morning and definitely will sit out the Washington Capitals’ game against the visiting Nashville Predators on Tuesday night after appearing in 203 straight games.

The Capitals were not sure when Ovechkin would return to the team.

“We know he won’t be here tomorrow,” Capitals spokesman Nate Ewell said Monday. “But we don’t know beyond that.”

Washington’s following game is Saturday at the Buffalo Sabres.

“I’m sure we’ll know more as the week goes on,” coach Bruce Boudreau said.

Ovechkin, who led the league in goals and points last season, discussed the situation and his trip with general manager George McPhee on Sunday night.

The star left wing hasn’t scored a goal in the past six games and is tied for fifth on the Capitals with five points this season.

“He had to go and he wanted to be near (his grandfather), but if you know Alex, he doesn’t want to leave his teammates,” Boudreau said. “So that’s always a struggle, but in the end, he knows what he needs to do—and that’s family first.”

Alexander Semin with a goal and an assist last night to put him tops in the NHL in scoring, 8 goals 8 assists in 8 games.

Ovechkin also texted Semin from russia before the game saying he was with them in spirit and for the team to go out and win.

Semin also got a damn nice goal in the shootout.

Have you forgiven the United States for stealing Russia's gold medal in the 1980 Olympics?

[Loud laughter] Why would I still be mad at them? Their team is weak now. The Canadians are our main rivals.

Ouch

Face of the league that was chosen by who? The players or the marketing department?

I'm not trying to take anything away from Crosby, he is a phenomenal player regardless what Semin thinks. It's refreshing to read an interview where a person tells you how they actually think & feel instead of the typical sports persona whether you agree with him or not.

Way to go Alexander, way to go, exactly how I see the game!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl,118770

A rare, and candid Semin interview.

He is not a big fan of crosby :lol:

Its pretty ballsy for a guy who has never averaged a PPG to call out the face of the league for not being anything special. I like it though.