Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wolfpack_1986

***OFFICIAL*** Bauer purchasing Mission-Itech

JR, what is meant by the term protective apparel? I totally agree that MIH brings some good stuff to the table with their facial protection, goal equipment and roller lines but if they mean your basic protective like shins, shoulders, elbows, and pants then I have to say that Bauer is already the leader in that catagory. Besides the lil' rookie line, what benefits does Bauer pick up in protective?

Im sad for the Mission guys in Kirkland. I know a lot of employees over there who will lose their job over this! :(

Excellent Questions. Gives us a very good start as to what's coming. It'll be intersting to see when they phase out the Ice equipment.

there's an even spread of inline and ice here, many people playing both. Granted I think Colorado is a hotbed for inline despite the nasty winters we can have, there's plenty of really nice days that the outdoor inline parks are full of all ages for hours on end with no fees to play.

There are pockets where it is important, and will continue to be so with declining economic conditions due to price and availability alone. I wouldn't discount it as part of the whole package, but I certainly wouldn't say it's the sole reason either

I have to say that Colorado Springs' ice programs are getting way better though. That is taking a lot of light off the inline especially since the miners added the bantam AAA program and CSAHA is improving as well

JR, what is meant by the term protective apparel? I totally agree that MIH brings some good stuff to the table with their facial protection, goal equipment and roller lines but if they mean your basic protective like shins, shoulders, elbows, and pants then I have to say that Bauer is already the leader in that catagory. Besides the lil' rookie line, what benefits does Bauer pick up in protective?

Basic protective as you describe it is not what they mean by protective apparel. I think it is more along the lines of the padded shirts that are in the Mission roller catalogue.

Jocks, loose fit and compression, performance tops as Bauer will no longer have the Nike branded Vapor performance apparel line in 2009.

Jocks, loose fit and compression, performance tops as Bauer will no longer have the Nike branded Vapor performance apparel line in 2009.

Thats a really good point... Bauer won't have the Nike "Dri-Fit" stuff anymore. I forgot about that.

Keep the questions coming guys...

What goal line stays...and how will it be branded. Bauer Goal re-branded Itech. Itech's stuff stays as is?

n/m...upon a re-read that has been answered.

Keep the questions coming guys...

What goal line stays...and how will it be branded. Bauer Goal re-branded Itech. Itech's stuff stays as is?

Itech has the better goal product, including masks. It will stay and eventually be rebranded.

FWIW, I can't name my source but he confirmed to me that the Intake and upcoming Intake II will definitely stick around, although he wasn't sure what brand it would carry, or if it would even retain the "Intake" name.

An Intake with Bauer on it would look weird to me.

Maybe down the road, they create a "B" with wings logo to incorporate both brands into a new identity.

With Mission inline products sticking around, does this mean there will be no more Bauer inline, or will they still produce both lines?

Awesome interview JR.

I won't be sad about the Mission sticks going away (didn't like their blades) or the protective (especially the gloves). Their skates didn't seem that popular, but it would be nice if there is an opportunity in the marketplace for that particular fit (narrow and low cut?).

I wouldn't mind buying a Bauer Intake or a Vapor XXXXXXX or whatever it will be helmet if my current Intake dies on me. Likewise, nothing wrong with a Bauer shield.

I'll admit once the re-branding goes through, I am going to miss the 'winged' M of Mission products.

I agree. I will cherish my black Intake forever....it looks awesome with that chrome "M" on the front.

Itech neck protectors also? It seems like everybody who has to use one uses an Itech one.

Very Cool, and very good questions.

It's not cool at all. They're discontinuing all of Mission's ice hockey products. And they put 140 people out of work.

B.S. attempt to phase out competition.

Basically saying, "We bought your company and eff everything you accomplished and developed, we are better because we have more money."

I have lost respect for Bauer.

It would have been cool if they bought Mission with the intent to use what Mission developed and improve upon it, however, all they are doing is discontinuing everything they did in the ice hockey market.

When Mission bought Itech, Itech was still Itech.

When RBK bought CCM, CCM was still CCM.

Bauer buys Mission-Itech and Mission-Itech is nothing.

If they are smart they will use some of Mission's innovations in the skate and stick departments.

And now Eagle seems to be going, too? Not cool.