Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

habsfan87

08-09 Montreal Canadiens Thread

the bluelines lookin thinner than the goaline right now, hopefully they get back soon

(Update on TSN)

Markov - 3 weeks with a lower body injury

Schneider - DONE FOR THE YEAR - Upper body.

So what do Habs fans think of the Grabovski hit, especially now that its revealed he got pretty banged up from it? My first thought was that it was dirty, but the replay made me think otherwise.

So what do Habs fans think of the Grabovski hit, especially now that its revealed he got pretty banged up from it? My first thought was that it was dirty, but the replay made me think otherwise.

Early in the year...I said that the Kostopulous hit on MVR looked dirty but lack intent, because Van Ryn's momentum changed after TK committed to throwing the check. I'd say the same thing here.

Grabo goes in on him, and Markov kinda turns...

But, given Grabo's hatred for the Habs....I don't think he would have let up (even if he had the time to).

I just can't see a good playoff run without those 2 key players. Centennial season is RUINED ...then saved...then RUINED again!

O'byrne ? Won't do.

FTFY!

Ya gotta think the Habs and building are making Gillet money. I doubt he sells all of his 80%. But, I could see him getting that down near 60-65%...but remain in majority control.

I think, if anything, Liverpool and some of his car dealerships will be moved. Hicks is also looking at re-organizing, and given what's going on in the auto industry...that can't

be as lucrative as it once was.

Well looks like Shneider will be back tonight and playing with Webber.

Should be way better than O'Byrne and Janik. That duo was just horrible.

I just hate that Price is in nets again tonight. I feel bad for Halak...the guys saves their asses constantly and he gets treated like shit.

Just look at the D tonight when Boston are coming in our zone...everyone just backs up like crazy because they don't wanna give up the shot. They know Price is shaky as hell. Ughhh I don't wanna lose to Boston...it's as bad as losing to Ottawa (being from the Ottawa region)

Schneider is out for the remainder of the season and the playoffs the last I heard. Weber should be better then Janik for sure.

Price is in nets because he deserves to be there. Although he was shaky a little in the last game, the games he played before getting the flu were very good. Halak has been just as inconsistent as the rest of the team this year. He has a couple good games then a couple bad games and has done that pretty much the whole year. Price didn't play well after the injury, at which point Halak may have saved a couple games, but, the whole team wasn't playing well and the forwards weren't scoring so you can't blame either goalie for that. Price will be fine and the team will make the playoffs....just don't look for them to go much farther then the first round. Being without a couple of their top defensemen has hurt them the past couple games and will hurt them in the playoffs.

I saw Halak steal at least a game but i can't say that i've seen Price do that. I admit, however, that i haven't watched all the games.

A caps point (W/OTL/SOL) against Tampa

+

A Montreal win against boston

+

A Rangers loss to philly

+

A pens point of any sort against the isles tonight

=

Caps/Habs first round matchup.

That's the math lesson for tonight

Price hasn't stolen a game since...I can't even remember that far. He's shaky. He better be on point tonight. Hopefully Shneider will play vs Boston to at least help out on the powerplay but apart from that...he's nothing special. And why the hell wouldn't Bob start Stewart and Laraque?????? He honestly needs to wake the fuck up. As much as I want them to make the playoffs, I can't wait for the season to end because it's been horrible.

I guess that second opinion from NYC was a good idea. Goes from DONE to back tonight. I'll be interested to see how effective his shot is with a bad wing.

This Habs/Bruins game has been awesome so far. While a big part of me wants the Habs to not make the playoffs, I'd love to see this match up in the first round.

Damn. It was shocking to see Schneider back. Great news there. They also got one point out of the game to solidify their playoff spot. Hopefully this will give them enough of a boost to play well throughout the first round and give Markov enough time to get back as well.

he had like 4 serious goal scoring chance against the pens in the last game and he was so pissed that he slammed his stick while on the bench :D

Re: Saku Koivu:

If that was indeed his last game as a Hab, I'm sad to see him go. He may not be as effective as he once was, and injuries/cancer stole some good years from him...but he had a hell of a career in Montreal (792 GM / 641 Pts) and despite what some have said is a great leader.

In an interview with Elliot Friedman after the game he said all the right things about the successes and disappointments of this season. I think he will proudly stand (over time) with Beliveau as a great Hab Captain who did great things in that city.

I hope he's back next year...but if not, bon chance Saku.

interesting to hear Gainey talk about the Vincent goings on around the all-star break, I wanted to see the list of players

I am pretty sure it was Higgins, Plekanecs, and there was one more player as well who i can't remember.

interesting to hear Gainey talk about the Vincent goings on around the all-star break, I wanted to see the list of players

I am pretty sure it was Higgins, Plekanecs, and there was one more player as well who i can't remember.

Gorges...

Gorges...

Yeah that is who is was, i think it could of been a excellent deal from Montreal but there would be way too much pressure on Lecalvier.

Gorges...

Yeah that is who is was, i think it could of been a excellent deal from Montreal but there would be way too much pressure on Lecalvier.

I think that was just the roster players requested...a prospect (Subban?) and a pick was also asked for. Apparently, Gainey was upset with Tampa because those names became public before any deal was finalized.

Jacques Demers said he is almost certain that Gainey really thought he had Vinny at some point and told Boivin and Gillet the great news. Then Lawton screwed; he talked too much or something like that.

I have no idea if Demers is credible and what kind of sources he has.