Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2009 Bauer Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...s&showcat=3

Skates - Ha.

Sticks - Lineup remains unchanged, Supreme line added from holiday booking.

Gloves - Supreme line is new for 2009 - starting with the flagship ONE95. Follows up on the ONE90 concept, however, the glove is a bit roomier than what the ONE90 was. New stretch palm, a impact-displacement system and a moisture-wicking, cooling liner are the main features of the glove. Vapor is unchanged. 4-Roll gets the Bauer logo treatment.

Helmets - Helmets are unchanged other than the new 5100 - which is the 9500 single shell with dual-density VN padding.

Protective - Supreme protective is redone for 2009 - the impact-displacement system and new liner that are in the ONE95 glove are in the ONE95 pads as well - however, in high-impact areas (shoulder caps, shins and forearms), the pads feature a fused polyethlene/high-density foam that cuts down on weight however absorbing impact. The ONE95 pants have the impact-displacement system in the spinal area. Vapor series is unchanged.

Definitely. I have a pair now, but am tempted to get another when they come out. I think they look much nicer with just BAUER on the cuff.

Actually, isn't the liner different? Doesn't look like something that will dramatically change the glove, but I'm just talking out of my ass until I slip a pair on.

I've been gushing about the new Bauer logo for some time now, but after seeing it on the new gloves, I think it needs to go back inside a parallelogram ala the older Bauer logos. Looks good on the new helmets and pants, though.

I'm also a little disappointed that they didn't update the classic shoulder pads in any way, but I don't think the people using them had any complaints about them, anyway. On the other hand, I like that they brought back the One35 ABS wood stick. Bought one last year and loved it for ball hockey. For now though, I'll be adding a Supreme pant shell and a couple of t-shirts to my wish list for this spring.

Edit: Just now realized that the One35 is a Europe only model. Feel a bit stupid.

Edited by Burning Bear

one of the things i was looking forward to seeing was the performance under apparel to see how they were going to move forward with the absence of Nike and to see how much, if any of the technologies would carry over. FRom what i see on paper it still looks to be a strong line up, any comments from those of you who have seen any in person?

Am I the only one that thinks this secrecy with the skates line is a little bit overboard? I mean is the new skate they're bringing to market really going to be that revolutionary that this CIA treatment is really worth it at the end of the day?

the irony is that the catalog pics of the Vapors aren't really telling either, not sure why they wouldn't want those posted since they look like x-rays

Law Goalie, there are Flexlite skates this year, 4 models I believe

The Performance Apparel is very well done. Over the course of the Nike run, some people gave too much leverage to the Nike brand as having some huge, huge influence over Bauer. Nike let the people in place, Bauer people, do their jobs over the last 10-12 years. Hockey product was not coming from Oregon. It was coming out of St. Jerome and the designers in that location. That said, the apparel team has furthered the development of their 2009 product line to get even more hockey specific for dynamics and range of motion in apparel. It is a strong line-up that will sell in the marketplace. The competition in the category is not hockey specific so why support UA or RBK when those lines are pretty generically designed in the category. Just some things to think about.

As for the Vapor Skate line secrecy, the decision to hold back the visual launch is not just about marketing. There are many valid ideas put into the line that are worth waiting for. No vendor has any obligation to an early release of their product just because we live in an age of instant information. A long time ago when the American auto industry ruled as king, the release of the new car lines was also kept quiet until they hit the showroom. Bauer has taken a cross-over marketing approach to the Vapor line. No harm done. It is wise to remember that for Bauer skate lines, it is not simply about the look of the skate. It is what makes up the guts of the skate that drives performance on ice. Bauer has raised the bar on Vapor for 2009.

the irony is that the catalog pics of the Vapors aren't really telling either, not sure why they wouldn't want those posted since they look like x-rays

Law Goalie, there are Flexlite skates this year, 4 models I believe

the new Vapor line of skates is in negative colors in the catalogue, hope thats not the colors there actually going with. :rolleyes:

The supreme line is unchanged

The new flexlites look like this Picture1-1.png

As for the Vapor Skate line secrecy, the decision to hold back the visual launch is not just about marketing. There are many valid ideas put into the line that are worth waiting for. No vendor has any obligation to an early release of their product just because we live in an age of instant information. A long time ago when the American auto industry ruled as king, the release of the new car lines was also kept quiet until they hit the showroom. Bauer has taken a cross-over marketing approach to the Vapor line. No harm done. It is wise to remember that for Bauer skate lines, it is not simply about the look of the skate. It is what makes up the guts of the skate that drives performance on ice. Bauer has raised the bar on Vapor for 2009.

By no means am I saying that Bauer has some type of obligation to release any of its line before it hits stores. My point was if you're releasing the rest of your line you may as well put pictures of the skates out there. Even if the skates are truly revolutionary in terms of performance, is there really all that much competitive information that could be gleaned from a catalog picture and description that it would really be detrimental to them? At the end of the day, its neither here nor there, it just seems overkill to me, but I totally respect their right to do whatever they want.

I'm confused, I thought, with the re-introduction of the flexlites, that the Vapors would've been phased out. I haven't gone through the catalog yet as I haven't had time, but is this still the case with the skates, or is Bauer now going to carry 3 lines?

By no means am I saying that Bauer has some type of obligation to release any of its line before it hits stores. My point was if you're releasing the rest of your line you may as well put pictures of the skates out there. Even if the skates are truly revolutionary in terms of performance, is there really all that much competitive information that could be gleaned from a catalog picture and description that it would really be detrimental to them? At the end of the day, its neither here nor there, it just seems overkill to me, but I totally respect their right to do whatever they want.

I understand your point. I won't say there is anything "truly revolutionary", but there are some features that say "what took so long and why didn't someone else think of that?" (Maybe because no one else but Bauer bothers to even begin to think like that.)I always admire companies that manage to incorporate this type of thinking in their product. The original Mission/Bilt-Rite guys did that with their opening product line in roller hockey in the mid 90s. Remember they were also three former Bauer guys who pushed the envelope with hockey product design thinking in roller hockey equipment. I think that Bauer wants to create some hype, which they have, and they have also invested a ton of time, research, development, testing, and money into the product. So any sizzle they can add to the steak is just basic Marketing 101 with holding back the Vapor skate product.

I'm confused, I thought, with the re-introduction of the flexlites, that the Vapors would've been phased out. I haven't gone through the catalog yet as I haven't had time, but is this still the case with the skates, or is Bauer now going to carry 3 lines?

The Vapor line is a huge seller for Bauer, that wasn't going anywhere. Flexlites would be the least profitable of the three lines, the classic all black should create more interest than the previous silver.

I am happy Bauer will continue the Flexlite line, but I was hoping they would bring in the tech of the 12/20 and not just the 18.

Ah I see, so they are just re-introducing the flexlites. Some guy at a sort of LHS (not really local, but not a total hike either) told me that the vapors would be gone and a new skate was coming in it's place, I just assumed he meant the flexlites, which I knew were supposedly coming, just didn't know what they'd look like.