Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

1 hour ago, McDugan said:

What did you sing? 

We sang Holly Near's I Am Willing

There's not a good recording of the choral version, but the chorus (I am open, I am willing) is sung by the group and the verses are sung solo.

• Like 1

She said YES!!! After three years of frustration and heartache, she finally said yes to my proposal last week! I cant wait for the first night! Cant say its my first love, but am really very excited that its getting me all flustered. Been up all these nights since then, just preparing for the big day. Getting things in place, making all the arrangements are done prior to this wonderful event! For those that are confused, I havent played hockey in almost three years due to family commitments. My wife has finally said to go ahead and sign up for the winter league that starts in a couple weeks time. I've been an inline player for many years, but about 3.5 years ago started the transition to ice and loved it. Played for a couple months of pure bliss, and she dropped the bombshell that I needed to be home to help her with the kids. Wasnt a pleasant discussion, still have scars. Anyway there are 4 divisions, and I heard that there was really no more space in A, B or C, which meant I would be starting in the D league... I dont have an issue as it would allow me to get back on the ice and find my edges again. However, a couple days ago, the guys that I met at the come-and-try session found out I was attempting a come back, and told me they had a slot on the C team.  Apparently its the same bunch of guys from a couple years ago, so it should be a fun group to get back to playing with.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, BenderHockey said:Just booked flights/hotel in London. First trip outside the US.

Exciting!  Have fun. Edited by badger_14

Took one shift to get the stink off my new EK60.  Total grinder goal, 2nd rebound, little backhand flip, but I'll take it.  Unfortunately, we gave up more than we scored.  Win or lose, playing hockey is better than not playing hockey.  Now I need to wind down and try to fall asleep....it's a work night....

• Like 1

Heard back from 2 schools about post grad studies in September. After fumbling around at university the last few years it's nice to finally kind of have some direction in what to do next 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zylos45 said:

my son has Mite tryouts at the end of March.  He can't wait!  Neither can I :biggrin:

Fun stuff!  Few things I enjoy more, than watching my kids compete.  Good luck to him.

Following up to my previous post, I attended the C Div Trials yesterday. It was a loooong session, and I was really struggling towards the last 15 min in keeping my feet. I havent done many drills before, so it was really me trying to stay on top of things.

Met a couple of good people, and prior to going I already knew that they had a couple of team 'scouts' watching, that was the whole purpose of the session. I also had butterflies in my stomach, but felt a little more relaxed when I finally stepped onto the ice. I think my saving grace moment was when I got a breakaway while the other team was doing a line change. As I got past the blueline on the right side, i saw my line mate just on my left side. I kept going straight at the goalie, and took a quick look over my shoulder... line mate was following up for rebound in case I missed. I faked a shot, deked the goalie, then dropped a pass for my line mate to score. Was fun just doing that, and I think my line mate was really surprised that I would just drop the pass. 

I think it will be a couple more sessions before I get my edges back, but last night was a blast.... Oh, and yes made the C Div.

• Like 2

Won 1st round playoff game tonight.  I was worried in the locker room before the game, only had 8 skaters and feeling "here we go again", we have been battling this all season.  One game, 13 guys, the next 8-9.  Felt much better when in warm ups, they had 5 skaters and it didn't get better for them.  5 guys, skated the entire game.  No idea how they did it, I was dying with the short breaks I was getting.  

In the end, I am just glad we get another game(we were the lower seed).

Oh...and got the word tonight my '05 made a 14U team a local organization is putting together(they don't currently field girls teams) to play in the Chi-Town Shuffle.  Assuming we take that slot, it's going to be a pretty amazing experience, playing against some of the best 14U teams in the Country.

First game in 3 years, first ever on ice (played inline since 1996). Butterflies the whole day, really excited about playing and thinking that this level is just up my alley.

2-0 win at the end of the night, with my contributions

- goal line clearance, goalie says he owes me a beer for the shutout

- started game with 85 flex that lasted one shift and went back to my 75 flex widow (yes, oldie but goodie). Managed to get the puck at the point, and just let one rip. Destined for the top corner but goalie managed to just tip it over. I would say that was the hardest shot I've ever hit ...ever. 

- loose puck top of the faceoff circle, kept shouting 'mine mine' and my line mate left it to me. Deked around one, and quick snapper that was off by plenty.

Took a couple hits during the game, unintentional as I knew the other team guys were just as experienced as I am on the ice. Couple times they asked if was alright and i just replied 'no prob,just keep going!'

Made a couple mistakes and slipped up a few times as I dont skate well towards my left. Overall I liked the pace of the game, feel of the ice, and the chatter during and after the game (with both my team and opposing team). Was good to just go out there and have fun with no real stress about winning/losing.

LEarning as we go along, especially need to play an early pass so that we dont get caught offside, pitching in too early and getting caught out. Just need to keep it simple .

OVerall, sore but satisfied... still buzzing the day after.

• Like 4

Finally, been a while since I needed new skates, just wanted to wait to see if paying extra for the new S series of Supreme skates was worth it or pick up some discounted older model.

image_zpsr5kmmihq.jpeg

Any longer on the steel on those One100's and they would have started to sharpen the holders...

• Like 1

Being relocated to Orlando from NY for work, so long state income tax, ridiculous property tax and winter :cool:

Hockey related - rink is < 2 miles from my new office and they have a draft league so I don't even have to look for a team.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NJPhil said:

Being relocated to Orlando from NY for work, so long state income tax, ridiculous property tax and winter :cool:

Hockey related - rink is < 2 miles from my new office and they have a draft league so I don't even have to look for a team.

looks like you'll be a SolarBear before you know it!!  

i have a vendor down there. the downtown has gotten to be pretty good/fun. if you're looking for that.  just watch out for the Meth house neighborhoods. 

i can ask them about "the good areas" if you'd like 

19 hours ago, GreatestAmericanBeardo said:

looks like you'll be a SolarBear before you know it!!  

i have a vendor down there. the downtown has gotten to be pretty good/fun. if you're looking for that.  just watch out for the Meth house neighborhoods. 

i can ask them about "the good areas" if you'd like 

Thanks for the offer, but we have an area lined up north of the city.

I'll definitely have to checkout the Solar Bears and will be making trips to TB when the Rangers come to town.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 8:36 AM, Zylos45 said:

my son has Mite tryouts at the end of March.  He can't wait!  Neither can I :biggrin:

My son made Mite B...  :biggrin:

Proud of him!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, OptimusReim said:

Just pre-ordered my new Model 3! Now for the long wait... 

Expected delivery late 2017....that's a LONG WAIT.   

5 minutes ago, EJB said:

Just happens to line up almost exactly with the end of my current lease :)

Also, better than the 2-3 year wait if I hadn't pre-ordered! 

20 hours ago, EJB said:

It's a tesla, late 2017 means late 2018 if your lucky

On March 23, 2016 at 0:01 PM, NJPhil said:

Looks like you'll be in Altamonte/Maitland then.  My parents still live in Casselberry.

1 hour ago, Stewie said:

It's a tesla, late 2017 means late 2018 if your lucky

Maybe. Though the Model X delays were primarily due to the batteries. But now the Gigafactory is operational so that shouldn't be an issue now. 

Either way I have an extra car I can drive until it arrives if it gets pushed back.

3 hours ago, OptimusReim said:

Maybe. Though the Model X delays were primarily due to the batteries. But now the Gigafactory is operational so that shouldn't be an issue now. 

Either way I have an extra car I can drive until it arrives if it gets pushed back.

They have had other delays too. Either way it should be a sweet car for you and the bright side will be you have a 2019 vs 2018 model

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stewie said:

They have had other delays too. Either way it should be a sweet car for you and the bright side will be you have a 2019 vs 2018 model

Yup, I'm happy regardless of delays. And with the deposit being fully refundable at any time, there's no risk.

1 hour ago, OptimusReim said:

Yup, I'm happy regardless of delays. And with the deposit being fully refundable at any time, there's no risk.

You're going to miss out on like 30 cents of bank interest.

• Like 2