Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

My friend Caihlen.

The guy worked his ass off learning how to skate and how to play hockey. Played mixed-division spring league with some really good A skaters. Paid a lot of attention. Played lacrosse all summer and stayed in shape while I got lazy and soft.

Played dropin across from him last night. You are a legitimate pain in the ass. Where you're supposed to be, quick stick, good hands, getting wheels under you. I hate you.

I'm super proud of you, brother, and looking forward to our rec tourney this weekend and leagues with you this winter

• Like 2

Just saw The Tea Party live, again. Flew all the way from San Diego to Barrie, ON just for that. Well worth it! Amazing show! VIP laminates help ;)

Saw them YEARS ago at Lulu's in Kitchener. And...a couple years back at an outdoor festival in Ancaster. They really hadn't missed a beat. Although, I do prefer the early stuff (Spender Solis/Edges of Twilight) before they go quite so electronic on Transmission/Triptych etc...

Saw them YEARS ago at Lulu's in Kitchener. And...a couple years back at an outdoor festival in Ancaster. They really hadn't missed a beat. Although, I do prefer the early stuff (Spender Solis/Edges of Twilight) before they go quite so electronic on Transmission/Triptych etc...

This was probably my 10th time. This was one of their Edges of Twilight 20th anniversary tour; they played the entire album all the way through and then played a short second set of other stuff. Amazing show as always.

I can't believe that album is 20 years old. Holy Shit!!! I remember when The River came out (which is even older than that), and everyone had the Jim Morrison/Doors comparison going. Still have my Edges tour shirt.

I had my edges tour shirt on, and they also gave out an updated version.

qNpI3qf.jpg

They also now have a special edition remaster of the album with a second disc of rarities.

Awesome day of hockey. MtHockeydad and I with 8 more teammates. Tied the first game and lost it in a shootout.1 to 2. Helluva game. Won the second! Damn I love this game!!!!!

• Like 1

A little more than 1.5 years ago I had a herniated disc block a nerve going down my leg causing drop foot among a few other things. Today was the first time i've been able to skate in a game since then. Some nerve damage is still present and will probably always be there but got through the skate and felt pretty good albeit slow.

• Like 8

I've been working on cleaning up and organizing all of my junk over the last couple weeks and today I found the cover and screws for my X-02 sharpener. That cover hasn't been on in years and looks brand new. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm due for some new spinners and wheels.

Also found my old Itech 660 shoulder pads that were stripped down for more comfort. I need to make one more modification to them and they will be perfect.

• Like 2

GREAT WEEKEND! The boy regular shifted with the University of Utah's crushing of the team down South(BYU). The Little one had training camp with her boys team, crushed.

Had 2 comp team soccer games(1 11U, 1 12U), played great, but ended 0-1-1.

Played great in my Sunday skate with the boy, scored twice(1 goal is a good skate). He kept getting on me for the hatty, I had more than my fair chances, just couldn't finish. This skate reminds me of how bad I am. One chance, my boy fired perfect pass to me in front, but so hard I can't hold it. Hell, he fired one to me sliding in from point that I tried to grab with my skate and it almost knocked me down. No worries, I always say you can't get better playing with a bunch of people worse than you. I think I had my best Sunday skate.

Add to all this.... I replaced a toilet, cut down a tree, 3/4 filled a dumpster I had delivered, with junk....WTF...how do we collect junk. Dumped 2 mattresses(bed springs), the tree, 4 televisions, a dvr, the old toilet & a bunch of other junk.

Oh & smoked some St. Louis ribs today, had a great cigar and watch the lunar eclipse. GREAT WEEKEND!

P.S. The Utes kicked Hell out of the Ducks....so that was pretty sweet as well.

• Like 2

went on a job interview a few months ago. Was asked why I was in the market, since I already worked for a good company, and said that my rotating shift hours made it difficult to take classes towards my masters, see my friends and family, and play hockey.

"you play hockey?"

come to find out, I've skated against the guy 4 or 5 times. at this point, the interview goes one of two ways. luckily for me, the puck bounced into the net on this one.

• Like 3

Finished off a huge 6-month project culminating my abilities as a prop and costume maker, visual artist and photographer into a 2-character portfolio, dubbed the Yavin Project. Hopefully will be doing 4 more sets of these. Your's truly and my buddy Barry in traditional Jedi Garb.

12049509_10153653053296115_3686348105355

12010567_10153653053611115_4725960088444

12029680_10153653067666115_8678829892782

12063515_10153653053226115_6184561533547

12032639_10153653053446115_4400334607747

12028732_10153653053521115_7257240584069

• Like 3

Drafted my C league team for this season, and I'm very stoked.

4 REALLY good skaters I never expected to be able to pull all 4, one of them helped me coach our rookie group last season.

3 insane ladies who can outdrink all of us and are an absolute hoot both on and off the ice.
3 of our rookies from last season, and I'm stoked that my friend and I both get to be on the ice with them this fall. 2 of our other rookies are playing C league and they're on the same team with a friend of mine as Captain.

Took a chance on 2 new guys, hopefully they like us!

First game Tuesday night.

I love hockey, and I really love our local beer league!!

• Like 2